Parks n Harper - you have competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Koula instead of Harper imo. Koula offers speed, tackles really well, quick play the balls and he is just a genuine footballer.

That’s not what Des said tonight in the presser.
He said we get Marty and Harps back next week which is great news.
Harper will be playing centre whether we like it or not.

Will Koula or Tippy play on the wing?

Would love to keep the same backline until Turbo is back. Good amount of strike and Xfactor in it. Add to the fact that Christian and Koula have been so impressive on both sides of the ball. Both playing much better than Saab and Harper, maybe even Parker in just two games each. If we did a backline power rankings for our team, they would be over Saab Harper and Parker on form. They need to stay in the side. Will be very disappointed in Des if one goes out for Harper.

Both get great yardage meters, both are defensively sound, and Koula with some crushing tackles with beautiful technique. Not overplaying their hands, and also rarely get any errors or missed tackles from them. Huge upside and both gotta stay in the 17 for the next few weeks.

I like Harper, but he can’t be picked ahead of Koula next week

What stands out for me with Koula is his defence, you don’t get young centre’s coming in and defending like he is normally, it’s the hardest spot on the park to defend and he has been doing it with ease

Harper started off well defensively as well but Koula just has a different look about him
Yep I would pick class over a steady type player, Koula looks like he has something and from the limited game time he has had, IMO looks more likely then both Harper and Parker.

i think the fact most of our players who come in look like they are better than parker / harper is resemblent of two things:
1. that harper & parker really aren't great (I rate parker a lot more)
2. our depth is good

I'd drop harper and keep koula in. Tuipulotu is the 1st reserve for any centre / wing coverage. He's been quality but Saab will need to keep doing nothing for a lot longer before getting dropped for him, unless tuipulotu can replace parker however parker's been pretty solid and with koula coming in I think keeping the same team is a priority

Is Brad the best hole runner in the world?

Comes off the back fence, hits the line at full pace.

Last night Garrick strolled over.

Foran strolled over.

But check out Brad's run on both. Defenders flock to him, because they have to, just to have any hope at stopping him.

That’s not what Des said tonight in the presser.
He said we get Marty and Harps back next week which is great news.
Harper will be playing centre whether we like it or not.

Will Koula or Tippy play on the wing?
I heard that too and its crap since Koula with limited game time has offered more than Harper has in 1 season.

We should keep the backline as is for the Sharks game. I hope Des doesn’t think we need Harper to mark up on Talakai as Koula’s defence has looked just as good, if not better than Harper’s anyway. Harper played well in the Raiders and Knights games but Koula is a special talent and everything he has shown us so far has been close to perfect, we can’t keep him out any longer

Sure that Koula has impressed a lot of people with his confident and direct style of play and sharpness in attack and defence . Really can not see any benefit in reinstating Harper ahead of him . and more then a bit of an X factor with koula . Parker still doing enough things right to keep his spot . Assuming that Garrick will be good to go for the Sharkies game at full back but if not will change the complexion a bit in regard to Koula"s role . Bit too early to warrant Tippytoes ahead of Parker or Harper and at this stage in the centres but could alter down the track

One of Harper's biggest assets last year was his enthusiasm which made up for some class. He actively tried and enjoyed trying get Saab away. His defence was solid and shut down a few raids which makes it hard to drop him but with any drop of enthusiasm from him, it's going to be more noticeable.
Defence has tighten from teams being more aware of the danger and Harps was looking a little less enthused probably a little frustrated with the extra attention

Koula just has that class, he should be given a few consecutive games unfortunately at the expense Harper if Injuries don't change things

Koulas defence has been great, but so far he has been in a position to go low , hard, early and snuff it out. Centres need more than that and his size may make it tough when backpeddling and trying to stop the offload which can often be more important than getting the man down

Passed every test but hasnt sat them all yet

Like what i see just adding to the convo

we missed harpers defense Saturday night.
Both games against the titans last year he handled big Fifi well with cheza. Parker tried hard but fifi was just too big and too strong.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10