Parks n Harper - you have competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah I thought it all seened a bit familiar - gushing sbout a young unproven player sight unseen - I daresay it's more about your unbridled dislike for Parker than it is about your actual knowledge of your latest flavour of the week:
Sight unseen ? I have seen Koula in action last week and I have also seen Parker and the comparison is there is no comparison . Koulas speed , skill and flair is out of Parkers reach

I do not dislike any Manly Players I only dislike losing and I like to see players with greater ability in our team which gives us a greater chance of winning the comp

Any more questions ?

Sight unseen ? I have seen Koula in action last week and I have also seen Parker and the comparison is there is no comparison . Koulas speed , skill and flair is out of Parkers reach

I do not dislike any Manly Players I only dislike losing and I like to see players with greater ability in our team which gives us a greater chance of winning the comp

Any more questions ?
Just one more - how do you feel about going onto my ignore list?

BYE!

Let's not forget what happened with Harper against Melbourne and Souths in the finals. He was found out in defence. We will tear teams apart in the back end of both halves with our speed and tiring oppositions. Looks good on the TV but doesn't win us premierships. Sometimes i think we get a little lazy because we know we can outscore. Penrith won the comp because they are tough. Melbourne are tough. Souths are tough. Our boys need to show that desperation and understand playing Nth Qld in the last 10 minute isn't the same as playing Melbourne or Souths in a final. Koula seems to have that glint in the eye that Haumole and Turbo have. Hunger to win. Desperation to win. I'm looking forward to seeing some passion and desperation in defence. "Offense sells tickets, defence wins premierships..." .. Looking forward to tomorrow....

Last edited:
Let's not forget what happened with Harper against Melbourne and Souths in the finals. He was found out in defence. We will tear teams apart in the back end of both halves with our speed and tiring oppositions. Looks good on the TV but doesn't win us premierships. Sometimes i think we get a little lazy because we know we can outscore. Penrith won the comp because they are tough. Melbourne are tough. Souths are tough. Our boys need to show that desperation and understand playing Nth Qld in the last 10 minute isn't the same as playing Melbourne or Souths in a final. Koula seems to have that glint in the eye that Haumole and Turbo have. Hunger to win. Desperation to win. I'm looking forward to seeing some passion and desperation in defence. "Offense sells tickets, defence wins premierships..." .. Looking forward to tomorrow....
Defence does win premierships and backs that are slow are a liability in defence because you cannot stop what you cannot catch .

Offence sells tickets and also wins games as we saw last season the best offensive fullback single handedly win us games and as soon as teams shut him down they shut Manly down

We need to be better defensively and offensively this season

Koula will break through if he is good enough and when he is ready.

As of right now its Parker and Harper round 1, that could change tonight with a scintillating display but most likely Koula gets his chance as the season progresses.

No rush.

*All pending Harpers injury of course

Bill Woods 2GB
You have a lot of pace in that backline and that is a very handy thing to have in the NRL

Des Hasler
Yes its always across the board in clubs and in teams and when its taken out to the match speed and the pace is undeniable and it certainly creates scenarios where you score points and you capitalize on it .

Thanks Des
Speed Kills and the faster you go the bigger the slower mediocre mess you leave behind

How Kool is it now that we have the players available that makes our backline the fastest in the NRL

Sea eagles were meant to Fly !
Tom
Saab
Garrick
Koula
The thrill of being a Manly supporter
Catch us if you can

Hate to say it but a few signs of those lazy defence issues tonight.... Saab not bothering then Walker and Jake centre field...

Hate to say it but a few signs of those lazy defence issues tonight.... Saab not bothering then Walker and Jake centre field...
Fair calls - I think the Jake/Walker was more a bloke usually playing a wide role not burrowing to the middle and closing down the short ball
Good to learn this in a trial....shut those inside gates and force the long ball for a spill or Saab or Koula to ruw95m to score a try

The more I see Parker play the more I am impressed by his defence. He'd be my first centre picked, even though he hasn't got the speed or attacking flair of other candidates. Our outside backs have the attacking aspect of the sport covered; having a good defender is just as important in the team's overall balance.

The more I see Parker play the more I am impressed by his defence. He'd be my first centre picked, even though he hasn't got the speed or attacking flair of other candidates. Our outside backs have the attacking aspect of the sport covered; having a good defender is just as important in the team's overall balance.
Parker was fantastic tonight. Did some great reads in defence. Rock solid

I tell you something
Firstly Parker is not the bloke who "excites" people
But when Manly led 16 - 0 in a tough game - Parker had 3 or more Massive defensive plays to not only repel the Canberra attack, but give our attack the chance to shine
I'm torn....WHY
This Koula kid has unlimited abilty and can be a huge X Factor player
Parker is near the most RELIABLE centre in the comp - regardless of speed
Harper is a quality player, but no Superstar centre
3 into 2 doesn't go and after tonight I have zero doubt Des will go for a Harps/Parks combination....with Koula breathing down their necks for a shot.

I tell you something
Firstly Parker is not the bloke who "excites" people
But when Manly led 16 - 0 in a tough game - Parker had 3 or more Massive defensive plays to not only repel the Canberra attack, but give our attack the chance to shine
I'm torn....WHY
This Koula kid has unlimited abilty and can be a huge X Factor player
Parker is near the most RELIABLE centre in the comp - regardless of speed
Harper is a quality player, but no Superstar centre
3 into 2 doesn't go and after tonight I have zero doubt Des will go for a Harps/Parks combination....with Koula breathing down their necks for a shot.
Harper is reliable but after watching Koula I feel he needs to take his spot sooner rather than later. His upside is immense

Fair calls - I think the Jake/Walker was more a bloke usually playing a wide role not burrowing to the middle and closing down the short ball
Good to learn this in a trial....shut those inside gates and force the long ball for a spill or Saab or Koula to ruw95m to score a try

Agree, their first try and the soft one to Tapine looked to me that Walker had nfi defending in the middle on our line.
Both times he wasn't tight enough to Jake and shot out too fast making it easy for them. I'm in one of those tries Jake give somebody the Jake "death" stare and I assume it was Walker on the receiving end. I thought Walker was underdone and just wasn't there defensively.

Agree, their first try and the soft one to Tapine looked to me that Walker had nfi defending in the middle on our line.
Both times he wasn't tight enough to Jake and shot out too fast making it easy for them. I'm in one of those tries Jake give somebody the Jake "death" stare and I assume it was Walker on the receiving end. I thought Walker was underdone and just wasn't there defensively.
Unfortunately, that has been the concern about Walker since he started as a bench forward. He is lively in attack, although he overplays his hand a lot, but he is not strong enough in defence near our tryline. Frankly, I don't see why DESpicable brought him on when our team was humming. I'd only use him when we are chasing points.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8