Membership (and passion) a discussion..and memes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Living up to our Legendary Clubs Benchmark !​

Player number 216 Dual Premiership Winner and Winger​

The Aggressive hard running MAX BROWN​

1644935549855.png

Last edited:
I do not agree with your beliefs . The stronger together campaign is a inspirational campaign

In my line of work We all focus on the big picture and that is
what is best for the company and the success of the company and leading like an example and inspiring others to follow us as we are all STRONGER TOGETHER

The Penns are in this with us for the long haul

They are not interested in selling like all our other investors and taking the money and run

They are here running our club in the long run

I was going to write an answer explaining how the fact that the campaign resonated so strongly with you, a die in the wool supporter, illustrates my point in its inability to expand our clubs reach but really there seems no point.

As for the Penns you are dreaming if you think they will not sell as soon as it is commercially viable

I do have a sense of humour . Very funny feathered friend :)
You always put forward counter arguments, that keeps us on our toes. And no doubting your sense of humour Bozo, we all want the same thing, a Manly Premiership, I guess it's how we comment and express it.

I was going to write an answer explaining how the fact that the campaign resonated so strongly with you, a die in the wool supporter, illustrates my point in its inability to expand our clubs reach but really there seems no point.

As for the Penns you are dreaming if you think they will not sell as soon as it is commercially viable
It is shame we do not have as many passionate die in the wool supporters as other clubs who have higher club membership numbers than us because passionate die in the wool supporters love their club enough to become part of it my becoming club members

As for the The Penns their Manly dream is still alive and unlike our other investors that left us long ago they are still with us and people that have a sense of gratitude will thank them for that

It is shame we do not have as many passionate die in the wool supporters as other clubs who have higher club membership numbers than us because passionate die in the wool supporters love their club enough to become part of it my becoming club members

As for the The Penns their Manly dream is still alive and unlike our other investors that left us long ago they are still with us and people that have a sense of gratitude will thank them for that
One more time then

Others clubs membership numbers are not an indication of passion only. It is thanks to marketing and engaging membership all of which requires investment - this expands and coverts members

One more time then

Others clubs membership numbers are not an indication of passion only. It is thanks to marketing and engaging membership all of which requires investment - this expands and coverts members
One more time from me as well

When fans have no passion then no amount of marketing will motivate them to become club members

Example , If one is not passionate about something they wont have the drive to commit to that something

You always put forward counter arguments, that keeps us on our toes. And no doubting your sense of humour Bozo, we all want the same thing, a Manly Premiership, I guess it's how we comment and express it.
Well said feathered friend . We all want our Manly to be the Premiers and the Greatest Team ever

We are all here for the same cause . Our passion gets the better of us and you are right it does stir us up and keeps us on our toes . Keep up with your passionate posts @Eagle 1 and keep adding spice and life to our forum !

One more time from me as well

When fans have no passion then no amount of marketing will motivate them to become club members

Example , If one is not passionate about something they wont have the drive to commit to that something
That is rubbish

Going to leave this as there is no point but an effective member ship / marketing campaign can convert many more into members. I know because this is partly what I do for a living

Good morning feathered friend Nice to hear for you and I hope this morning you rise like a Sea eagle and soar above every challenge that comes your way and have a happy and rewarding day

Am I a Manly Supporter ?

Is the Pope a Catholic ?
yeah the Pope is but he wears a dress? Doesn't that balance out?

That is rubbish

Going to leave this as there is no point but an effective member ship / marketing campaign can convert many more into members. I know because this is partly what I do for a living
It is not rubbish

I am not saying that marketing has no affect but it does not have an affect on all people
Marketing can only do so much .

How much marketing can convert you from being a Manly supporter to become a Parramatta supporter?

You know the old but true saying
You can lead a horse to water with but you can not force him to drink it

To conclude and with historical evidence
Since our Golden era under our Golden Godfather and the Master of all administrators when our club reigned supreme our club membership numbers against other clubs was at the same level as it has been

So this proves it is not a marketing issue that our club membership is not up to what it should be
This proves it is a Manly social issue

Last edited:
Dear Feathered friends

This is the most Inspiring NRL club Marketing campaign and It is from our very own Legendary club the Manly Sea eagles

This spine tingling Video is on our Manly Website

I challenge any one that is reading to tell us about a more powerful and moving Marketing campaign from another NRL club that would engage NRL supporters and stir their emotions more than this

I cannot down load the video but the powerful and uplifting words paint a clear and enticing picture

I AM MANLY
WE ARE MANLY
WE COME FROM ALL AROUND
WE ARE THE YOUNG AND THE OLD
THE BIG AND THE SMALL
THE PLAYER AND THE FAN
TOGETHER WE ARE UNITED IN ONE CAUSE
A WAY OF LIFE
WHERE OUR ACTIONS WILL DEFINE US
LEADERSHIP
SUPPORT
GROWTH
PERCEVIERENCE
ITS TIME TO STAND UP AND SAY I AM MANLY !
Who ever does not get moved by these arousing words is spiritually dead

Last edited:

Living up to our Legendary Clubs Benchmark !​

Player number 201 Dual Premiership Winner and Winger

The High Flying KEN IRVINE
1644934121906.png

2nd Best is not a Manly thing !

It is not rubbish

I am not saying that marketing has no affect but it does not have an affect on all people

How much marketing can convert you from being a Manly supporter to become a Parramatta supporter?

Since our Golden era under our Golden Godfather and the Master of all administrators when our club reigned supreme our club membership numbers against other clubs was at the same level as it has been

So this proves it is not a marketing issue that our club membership is not up to what it should be
If marketing is not that effective then your constant bombardment of memes etc... to get people to be members etc..would therefore be pointless and a waste of your time then according to your own logic?
I disagree however,I think it is effective because your constant bombardment seems to be effectively pissing off a lot of people.

It is not rubbish

So you are saying that during our golden times our members were at the same level? So it is almost like on field success is not an indication of membership growth?

This is not about converting people into fans it about converting existing fans, the same people who post on here and other forums / pages into fans.

If it is indeed a "manly social" issue it can be addressed via smart marketing and compelling membership. Not for everyone but it can be done with the proper investment....which is where this whole conversation started.

I will stop posting after this one as it is clear this is going nowhere as you can not see the contradictions in what you write.

It is not rubbish

Let's get this straight, folks.

Repeat after me, "marketing is not advertising, advertising is a tool used by marketing (one of many) to achieve a goal".
Equating advertising with marketing is like calling a doctor a stethoscope.

Many marketing actions have nothing to do with advertising.

Marketing is actually a a management science (with a degree of art thrown in), used to determine and direct the how/when/why/where of commercial organizational direction. A background in marketing is probably the best background a CEO could have (sorry all you accountants, IT folk etc).

Also - there is a huge difference between 'brand awareness' and 'brand preference'. Lots of advertising may make you aware of a product; if you don't want/like/need that product (or brand / team, etc), advertising it incessantly will make your customers dislike it, and waste a lot of money. Seek total alignment to your target market first, then look at ways (channels) to reach your target with a call-to-action message. Segment, target, position.

So I agree; any call-to-action by MWRLFC shouldn't be about converting Parramatta supporters (or any other supporters) to Manly supporters, but targeting geographically-aligned fence-sitters in Manly, Warringah and surrounding areas first - for example.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10