Membership (and passion) a discussion..and memes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I know..........have a drinking game when you see ads for 'digital marketing' which is in reality referring to 'digital advertising' (or really 'Search Engine Optimization' ) and you'll be pissed in no time.

I know that the world doesn't get it, and it may take years.

I wish that the AMI (Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) - the largest network for professional marketers in Australia ) or in the UK, the CIM (Be a Chartered Marketer | CIM ) had more profile and clout, and then the story would get out.
Give it up Bob .. you know nothing about marketing .. bozo has already proven you wrong with his logic ..

Bozo I removed one post which was trolling. I also removed some posts where there was an offence phrase used against you (I then had to remove the post where you quoted it back)

Happy to reinstate the posts against you if you would like

Are we still going to be playing this game when the season starts? It's getting very old @lsz
Surely there is a way to resolve the spamming of threads through another mechanism? Moving said posts to a special section? Thoughts?

Give it up Bob .. you know nothing about marketing .. bozo has already proven you wrong with his logic ..
Bob specializes in Marketing and I specialize in Passion

Passion overrides everything including Marketing

Because the fact is No amount of Bobs , Marks or Toms Marketing will convert passionate Manly fans to becoming EEls supporters

Are we still going to be playing this game when the season starts? It's getting very old @lsz
Surely there is a way to resolve the spamming of threads through another mechanism? Moving said posts to a special section? Thoughts?
The thought is club membership is a massive club issue and it is club news and it is in the right thread

Did you read what I wrote ?

Why would you be sorry for bombarding me with your junior posts when i replied that i look at them in a positive light

Why would you defend our owners ? . Simple.... by being loyal to the people that keep our club viable

Yes i do live in another reality of loyalty and passion . You should visit as it is out of this world :)
Nah thanks,I don't think I will visit,the ads and marketing look pretty sketchy....

Agree on the memes

I might go through and clean this thread up (including my own stuff )

Move em over Mule
Hopefully done

If you guys see something that you think belogns here hit the report function and I will move them over

(fun fact in the years I have been a mod this is the first time i have moved posts...normally GE SER and Jethro and others are the smart ones when it comes to that)

Great committed People make Great Clubs
Many Thanks to this latest club member of ours

I’ve just received my 2022 Manly membership
pack.
** Great hat, quite happy & great to be a member of the best club in the competition.**

How committed are You ?

1645007258096.png

Let's get this straight, folks.

Repeat after me, "marketing is not advertising, advertising is a tool used by marketing (one of many) to achieve a goal".
Equating advertising with marketing is like calling a doctor a stethoscope.

Many marketing actions have nothing to do with advertising.

Marketing is actually a a management science (with a degree of art thrown in), used to determine and direct the how/when/why/where of commercial organizational direction. A background in marketing is probably the best background a CEO could have (sorry all you accountants, IT folk etc).

Also - there is a huge difference between 'brand awareness' and 'brand preference'. Lots of advertising may make you aware of a product; if you don't want/like/need that product (or brand / team, etc), advertising it incessantly will make your customers dislike it, and waste a lot of money. Seek total alignment to your target market first, then look at ways (channels) to reach your target with a call-to-action message. Segment, target, position.

So I agree; any call-to-action by MWRLFC shouldn't be about converting Parramatta supporters (or any other supporters) to Manly supporters, but targeting geographically-aligned fence-sitters in Manly, Warringah and surrounding areas first - for example.
Are you on drugs even to suggest? Who wants a Parramatta supporter to become a Manly Supporter.
1. It lowers the class of Manly Supporters​
2. Parramatta Supporters already have mental health issues and whilst we should be caring and supportive, we should help them get professional advice, do we want them? No.​
3. I have a son who is a Parramatta supporter, and YES I did get a DNA test. but despite the result, Yes he's mine, I blame his mother, must have been the drugs and grog she took whilst being married to me. Thank God we divorced.​

Are you on drugs even to suggest? Who wants a Parramatta supporter to become a Manly Supporter.
1. It lowers the class of Manly Supporters​
2. Parramatta Supporters already have mental health issues and whilst we should be caring and supportive, we should help them get professional advice, do we want them? No.​
3. I have a son who is a Parramatta supporter, and YES I did get a DNA test. but despite the result, Yes he's mine, I blame his mother, must have been the drugs and grog she took whilst being married to me. Thank God we divorced.​
SL - nice to hear from you.

I'm not suggesting that we want Parramatta supporters to become Manly supporters (no, no, no, NO) - the last thing I want is for the quality of discussion (here and everywhere) to be influenced by an influx of idiots.

We have enough animated discourse on here without listening to a bunch of grafted-on morons who make Baldrick sound like a Nobel prize winner.

Can't wait to see him put through a gap, sprinting towards the sticks with the Tigers backs giving up the ghost, with Koula outpacing everyone towards the try line.
Absolutely feathered friend

I became a Manly supporter from the other far side of the bridge because the Manly sea eagles were the most dominant and dynamic team . Every body loves winning but I also found everybody hates winners . I could live with the haters as I always had the last laugh every week at school as our My Sea eagles devoured another team

I remember a game against Penrith when I was 12 at the time and my lovely dad took me to Penrith Park and Manly annihilated Penrith by 70 points to 7 and every great Manly try was like a thrilling Disney land ride .

There is nothing more exciting than seeing a Manly player in the clear leaving the opposition clutching at thin air as the fans rise and cheer them all the way to the try line
Fans want exhilarating trys to fill their eyes . Nothing moves the fans more than winning trys

Excitement Machines Like Koula are Crowd Pleaers
He is only young and Expectations are high but that is what our Legendary club is all about
Nothing but the deliverence of high expectations

Manly fans rise to honour another Manly Winning Try
2nd Best is Not a Manly Thing !
1645063902069.png

Last edited:
Absolutely feathered friend

I became a Manly supporter from the other far side of the bridge because the Manly sea eagles were the most dominant and dynamic team . Every body loves winning but I also found everybody hates winners . I could live with the haters as I always had the last laugh every week at school our My Sea eagles devoured another team

I remember a game against Penrith when I was 12 at the time and my lovely dad took to Penrith Park and Manly annihilated Penrith by 70 points to 7 and every great Manly try was like a thrilling Disney land ride .

There is nothing more exciting than seeing a Manly player in the clear leaving the opposition clutching at thin air as the fans rise and cheer them all the way to the try line
Fans want exhilarating trys to fill their eyes . Nothing moves the fans more than winning trys

Excitement Machines Like Koula are Crowd Pleaers
He is only young and Expectations are high but that is what our Legendary club is all about
Nothing but the deliverence of high expectations

Manly fans rise to honour another Manly Winning Try
View attachment 20403
In two words why we are hated by opposition fans...Jealously & Envy. Love the storey Bozo, also great shot of the faithful...

Yes that worries me he’s been very hyped up hasn’t he ??
Hello Feathered How are you progressing with your Health . How are you feeling today ?

Today I am feeling excited about our great hope of a Manly 2022 Premiership winning year
Excited about the the Injection of exciting young players into our top 30 squad that will inspire us to a top 4 finish and then in the finals we can finish the top four off with our Improved talented squad

As for the Hype it is not a worry. It is the platform of confidence and belief that our Sea eagles will take off and soar high above the rest

The Hyped up Eagle on his Platform of Hope Ready to Take off and excite the Fans
1645066399747.png

In two words why we are hated by opposition fans...Jealously & Envy. Love the storey Bozo, also great shot of the faithful...
We would rather be hated for our greatness than felt sorry and loved for being 2nd Best

2nd Best is Not a Manly thing !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10