Membership (and passion) a discussion..and memes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Good to see that we've cracked 11,000 members, which I believe is a pre-season record.
Thank you so much for the Update feathered friend

Thank you to all the Loyal and Passionate Manly Souls
who are the Salt of the Earth and of the Greatest club of All

It is an amazing start to the 2022 year and I hope all those Inspirational club members can be an Inspiration to all Manly fans

This is our Competition Manly People
Let us rise above them all like true Sea eagle supporters !

Eels 29, 243
Souths 29, 143
Strom 20,000
West Tigers 18,000
Roosters 15, 352
Raiders 15, 109
Dogs 11, 900
Knights 11, 511
1644725082053.png

Well, it was actually Max that did that feathered friend. Not sure your timeline of events lines up. I've also clearly mentioned how The Sea Eagles were and are an absolute cash cow for The Penn group. For their family to cry martyr for the money they've "injected" into the club should be an insult to us all.

The real numbers tell a very different story.

And lets not compare anything to a Bears business model. Apples and oranges / chalk and cheese. It's like saying a serial killer got away with murder 14 times, so we should be able to, as well. If we want to compare rugby league business models, lets compare ourselves with The Bunnies / Broncos. Thanks mate.
The bottom line is ...
Our Club is run by a smart Business Man that knows how to keep the bank balance sheets afloat and our Sea eagles flying Because who ever ran the bears ran them to their grave
The Bears are Dead and we are still living
So I suggest feathered friend Ryan . Next time you see Mr Penn you should thank him and Kiss his Bottom

The Bottom line ....
1644796648225.png

Fact...​

Can your NRL club survive the coronavirus hiatus?​

Sydney-based NRL clubs lost about $12 million between them in their last available annual reports.​

When clubs lose money so do owners !​

Here we have a club that has secured a bright future and the best players and coach who are entering the 2022 season as a leading contender for the title and we have negative people here that do not look at the bright side of our life and be thankful but criticize our owner for being a smart business man and having the audacity to be financially viable .

UNBELIEVABLE !!!

Here we have a club that has secured a bright future and the best players and coach who are entering the 2022 season as a leading contender for the title and we have negative people here that do not look at the bright side of our life and be thankful but criticize our owner for being a smart business man and having the audacity to be financially viable .

UNBELIEVABLE !!!
As an aside the clubs approach to membership and fan engagement it light years behind where it should be. This comes down to the owners and the owners only.

It has been my long held belief that there is little to gain for the club by increasing their fan base v the cost otherwise there can be no explanation for the continual failure to properly engage fans.

Now i know you will most likely post something about this great club not needed to engage fans and it is the fans that need to step up etc but that is simply not how it works when you want to increase your base past the diehards who will be there pretty much no matter what (in our case around 10k members)

As an aside the clubs approach to membership and fan engagement it light years behind where it should be. This comes down to the owners and the owners only.

It has been my long held belief that there is little to gain for the club by increasing their fan base v the cost otherwise there can be no explanation for the continual failure to properly engage fans.

Now i know you will most likely post something about this great club not needed to engage fans and it is the fans that need to step up etc but that is simply not how it works when you want to increase your base past the diehards who will be there pretty much no matter what (in our case around 10k members)
Our Legendary clubs History of Greatness as the most successful club in the modern era and the only club to have won a title every decade since the 70s sells it self . Its success sells it self !

The best and most successful club marketing is performance on the field and winning games

The fact is When clubs stop winning games , their games attendance drops off as well as club membership and merchandise drops off . Why? Because who wants to buy a jersey and go and watch a team of losers that gets thrashed every time .

The most successful club in the modern era the Manly Sea eagles have provided their fans more finals footy joy that any other club since the 70s yet over all Manly passion in club numbers have not reciprocated

There is nothing wrong with club /fan engagement as we currently have 11,000 club members that are engaged with passion .
Club membership is all about the Passion for your club and how proud you are to be part of it and belong to it .

About Mr Penn

We should all pray and hope he prospers and becomes very successful
Because the more successful our clubs owner is . The more successful our clubs future
Take a few deep breaths and a few logical moments and think about this till it sinks in your logical frame of mind !

God Bless The Penns and The Manly Sea eagles with prosperity and success
Amen !

Lets get behind the Greatest club of all and stop all this useless and unproductive Negativity

EDITED by REFEREE - spam deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Legendary clubs History of Greatness as the most successful club in the modern era and the only club to have won a title every decade since the 70s sells it self . Its success sells it self !

The best and most successful club marketing is performance on the field and winning games

The fact is When clubs stop winning games , their games attendance drops off as well as club membership and merchandise drops off . Why? Because who wants to buy a jersey and go and watch a team of losers that gets thrashed every time .

The most successful club in the modern era the Manly Sea eagles have provided their fans more finals footy joy that any other club since the 70s yet over all Manly passion in club numbers have not reciprocated

There is nothing wrong with club /fan engagement as we currently have 11,000 club members that are engaged with passion .
Club membership is all about the Passion for your club and how proud you are to be part of it and belong to it .

About Mr Penn

Because the more successful our clubs owner is . The more successful our clubs future
Take a few deep breaths and a few logical moments and think about this till it sinks in your logical frame of mind !
The more successful our clubs owner is . The more successful our clubs future

Amen !

Lets get behind the Greatest club of all and stop all this useless and unproductive Negativity

View attachment 20358
The way you copy pasted the same sentence 7 times and then added a meme I definitely haven't seen before was inspired. Makes me wonder why anyone else bothers posting.

About Mr Penn

Amen !

View attachment 20358
This is just a spam answer

I am going to throw my mod hat on and say that if you keep posting memes and reposting the same stuff I will move your posts into that special bozo thread you have going on.

Now back to membership

If it is based on success why do the dogs have more members than us? As do the west tigers?

Maybe, just maybe it is a bit of fan engagement

This is just a spam answer

I am going to throw my mod hat on and say that if you keep posting memes and reposting the same stuff I will move your posts into that special bozo thread you have going on.

Now back to membership

If it is based on success why do the dogs have more members than us? As do the west tigers?

Maybe, just maybe it is a bit of fan engagement
To the ones that do not understand passion my answer is Just a spam answer

You say that that our club does not engage with the fans very well but me and the other 11,000 passionate club member spams do not agree with you .

You ask why do the under performing dogs supporters have more club members than us and it is the same reason why the eels have more members than us because they are more passionate than us . But you do not understand this .
I have told you before passion over rides everything
but again you ask why ?

Why do people like me that live on the other side of the bridge decide to follow Manly

Because to you it is just a spam . To me it is passion personified something you have clearly displayed you do not understand .

We are all different and every forum needs balance and the passionate ones have the balance of Power !

You say that that our club does not engage with the fans very well but me and the other 11,000 passionate club member spams do not agree with you .

You ask why do the under performing dogs supporters have more club members than us and it is the same reason why the eels have more members than us because they are more passionate than us . But you do not understand this .
but again you ask why ?

Why do people like me that live on the other side of the bridge decide to follow Manly

Because to you it is just a spam . To me it is passion personified something you have clearly displayed you do not understand .

We are all different and every forum needs balance and the passionate ones have the balance of Power !

Sigh

One more time

We clearly have a core of members who will join no matter what. This is evidenced by our fairly consistent membership numbers and pretty poor member experience ( I have been a member for a number of years and have worked in the membership / loyalty field for a number of years). For the 200,000 facebook fans of the club, members here and various other sites they have not been effectively engaged to bring out "their passion"

The spam I was referring to was your repeat posting and memes. To help show this allow me to give you an example

The spam I was referring to was your repeat posting and memes. To help show this allow me to give you an example

but again you ask why ?

Love ya Bozo but the relentless repetition can be a bit over the top.

Sigh

One more time

We clearly have a core of members who will join no matter what. This is evidenced by our fairly consistent membership numbers and pretty poor member experience ( I have been a member for a number of years and have worked in the membership / loyalty field for a number of years). For the 200,000 facebook fans of the club, members here and various other sites they have not been effectively engaged to bring out "their passion"

In regards to your theory

"We clearly have a core of members who will join no matter what "

Passionate fans put their club first because no one is bigger than the club

Another proof you have no idea about passion

Love ya Bozo but the relentless repetition can be a bit over the top.

Couldn't agree more.
Perspective time. (Mine)
The constant over the top spamming detracts from the overall Silvertails experience. If left unchecked by mods it will continue to do so. Self regulation is clearly not incorporated into any of Bozos special perspectives.

Can you expand that argument Isz re: fan base vs cost?

Do you mean their unwillingness to vigorously try and expand the fan base on the neighbouring North Shore (for example)? Because I agree, their effort has been pathetic, dating back to prior to the private owners coming onboard.

I think Penn wants more members to spread the cost of the operation, he is just unwilling to spend the money to expand the base exponentially.

Presumably the Leagues’ Club sale windfall only went so far.;)

I love you too Manly Brother but in the Grand final if we do not get over the top of the opposition we are fcked

In life if we do not get over the top of our challenges we are fcked

Passionate fans are always over the top of the club membership table feathered friend
Dont you wish our fans were more passionate ?

Because some of our fans put other things above our club

Well let me tell you about the passionate ones

Passionate supporters do not put any one above our club because no one is bigger than our club

I hope you get my point

The passionate fan club membership numbers
parra 29, 242
Souths 29, 143
storm 20,000
West tigers 18,000
Roosters 15, 352
raiders 15,019
dogs 11,900
Dragons 11, 626
Manly 11, 000
I get it, you bang us over the head with it at every opportunity. Here's a question for you, what is our per capita membership rate? Bet we are considerably higher on that table. Silvertails is probably the highest concentration of Manly members you could find on the internet, so if your goal is to pump up membership your efforts may yield more results elsewhere, here you're just preaching to the converted.

I get it, you bang us over the head with it at every opportunity. Here's a question for you, what is our per capita membership rate? Bet we are considerably higher on that table. Silvertails is probably the highest concentration of Manly members you could find on the internet, so if your goal is to pump up membership your efforts may yield more results elsewhere, here you're just preaching to the converted.
I think Bozo, we all have jobs so we can't stork the public to sign up as members for the club. I suspect every Silvertail is a club member, or maybe staff, or sponsors. Therefore WILL IS RIGHT. You need to have a chill pill..... or maybe get an A frame and go out to Parramatta Westfield and sign up those who don't reside in Parklea Prison... they get free membership with Parra.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8