Membership (and passion) a discussion..and memes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@BOZO have you been advertising the fact the club now offers digital memberships in your many & oft-repeated posts about club membership?
Yes thank you feathered friend

Our club offers comprehensive membership packages that suits all budgets and life styles

Memberships from as low as 20 dollars !

It would be nice to blow the EEls fans away and get more than 35, 000 Manly club members

LETS DO IT MANLY PEOPLE

WHY SETTLE TO BE ORDINARY

WHEN YOU CAN BECOME EXTRAORDINARY ?

STAMP YOUR MARK AND LEAVE YOUR GREATNESS HERE !

1645069020153.png

Manly Sea eagles Membership Update
Our club membership numbers have risen to 11, 460... Thank you :h:
Thanks to all the EXTRAORDINARY Manly People

WHY SETTLE TO BE ORDINARY

WHEN YOU CAN BECOME EXTRAORDINARY ?

STAMP YOUR MARK AND LEAVE YOUR GREATNESS HERE !

1645069020153.png

Loved that.

Note to club: "What do we want? More Beaver! When do we want it? All the time!"
The Winner Beaver is what Manly is all about

He is a great ambassador for our Great club

The Great thing about becoming a club member is the the feeling of belonging

Belonging to our Great club and belonging to our great Manly Family members like the Great Beaver

Our Great Manly Tradition is Priceless

And a Tradition is kept alive by each great generation

Let us join our other great Generations of the past and Keep Making the Manly Sea eagles the Greatest club of all

ORDINARY PEOPLE MAKE A PRESENCE
EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE MAKE MAKE A DIFFERENCE
LET US ALL RISE LIKE GREAT SEA EAGLES TO THE CHALLENGE

AND STAMP OUR MARK AND LEAVE OUR GREATNESS HERE !
1645760577168.png

Last edited:
The size of a winger is an interesting topic .. I don't think any other position has such a great range of acceptable dimensions.

The top wingers all appear to be a mix of small nuggety or medium athletic with a handful of taller players ..

Speed however is a common factor.
Speed is the common factor that Annihilates the opposition

Speed is the Bullets in the Gun

If you go to War in the Big Battles against the Big Guns with no Bullets

You Die

Because Speed Kills !

Bring on Koula our new Killer

Last edited:
Any data or figures on how well the digital membership is trending?

It can be a huge success for a lot of people and the club.

What a joke that Manly give away their home game to the donkeys yet away game members cant use that game as their one game...
Plus the 'home' memberships are only for games at 4 pines...
Sorry Bozo but Eagles will be getting my ticket sale for the 'magic' round and royalties from my jersey purchase until they tidy this up...

Living up to our Legendary Clubs Benchmark !​

The 1978 Manly team was the toughest Football team of all time !​

Six brutal finals games to win the premiership in just 24 days !​

1st Final Sharks 17 Manly 12
2, Manly 13 Eels 13
3. Manly 17 Eels 11
4. Manly 14 Wests 04
5. Manly 11 sharks 11
6. Manly 16 Sharks 00

MANLY-WARRINGAH: Graeme Eadie, Tom Mooney, Steve Knight, Russell Gartner, Simon Booth, Allan Thompson, Steve Martin, Ian Martin, Terry Randall, Bruce Walker, John Harvey, Max Kriliich (c), Ian Thomson. Res: Ray Branighan, Johnny Gibbs, Wayne Springall, John Gray.
View attachment 20254
I'm going to make a brave admission and an apology here.
I'm apologising for not remembering Wayne Springall.
All the other players I remember vividly.
Steve Knight was a P.E. Teacher at my High School, great bloke.
The Mighty Max Krilich came to my work Xmas party with his wife in 2002 and he demanded that I sit next to him for dinner and the trivia game.. You couldn't meet a more genuine, top bloke.
A mate of mine that I went to a lot of Manly away games with, had a nick name for John Harvey.
He called him ' Elbows Harv ' because he ran with raised elbows in possession of the ball.
On one night in the mid 80's, we were going to a family birthday dinner at the Black Stump at Mosman, before it became an Indian place, and Johnny Gibbs was coming down the stairs as we were entering. My Brother and myself quietly said to each other " That's Johnny Gibbs!! "
Whereas, our Mother, who didn't have a clue who he was, made a cheeky comment out loud and Johnny laughed, tilting his head backwards. After we'd exchanged pleasantries with Johnny and he'd walked through, we said " Mum, that's Johnny Gibbs, from the Manly Footy team "
Mum said " Oh, I don't care " It could've been The Pope and she wouldn't care.
I was a little embarrassed.
Though, I don't think Johnny cared either.

Johnny Gibbs is one of the finest, thinking, half backs to play the game and not a bad radio commentator as well.

Terry Randall drove his Cement Truck into my mates Concrete pump business at Brookvale one day.
I stood back in awe.
Terry got out of his truck and said " G'day ECCA "
My mates name was ERIC.
Modern day players need to study IGOR's tackling style.
Put your shoulder into the ball carrier between the shoulders and hips and drive the mongrel backwards.

There are only a few things that bring a tear to my eye and one is The Mighty Manly - Warringah Sea Eagles.
Go Manly!!
Mum didn't have a clue who he was and said " Oh, I don't care "

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8