[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Captain Benjamins" was $800k from salary cap and the rest TPA's.

We have other players on more inside the cap.

Can you please post the sources for these numbers. You seem to have access to different ones to the rest of us.

The "other players on more inside the cap" could only be TT as far as I can figure and if DCE is on 8 years of 200k TPA's that is astonishing in itself... especially considering that the NRL tallied our TPA total as around 250k.

Thanks in advance.

Can you please post the sources for these numbers. You seem to have access to different ones to the rest of us.

The "other players on more inside the cap" could only be TT as far as I can figure and if DCE is on 8 years of 200k TPA's that is astonishing in itself... especially considering that the NRL tallied our TPA total as around 250k.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...n-walker-scott-penn/m52w85sqmn871idv77qq6rptj

Google it, it's been public knowledge since the Cap breach announcement by the NRL :nerd:

Based on what halves are being offered these days DCE contract isn't inflated at all Taylor, Hunt, Bird, Cleary, milford, Pearce are on the same if not more then DCE. With the exception of Cleary as his still on his old deal for now, Even Josh Reynolds is on a rumored 900k

I don't see his contract as an excuse for why we are failing

Based on what halves are being offered these days DCE contract isn't inflated at all Taylor, Hunt, Bird, Cleary, milford, Pearce are on the same if not more then DCE. With the exception of Cleary as his still on his old deal for now, Even Josh Reynolds is on a rumored 900k

I don't see his contract as an excuse for why we are failing
You forgot a couple of youngsters on good money, Cronk & Thurston.

Good to see Baz interviewed this morning. He said contrary to what is being reported, Marty has another 3 years to run on his contract and we are playing well below the cap. (interview played on Triple M)

If that is the case then maybe we can be in the market before June 30

We've been to market and we came back with The Hass, didn't you hear ? Apparently we were a little late in getting there and the NRL ready 5/8's stall had already closed, so too had the cheap impact forward stand.

"Captain Benjamins" was $800k from salary cap and the rest TPA's.

We have other players on more inside the cap.

So not so much.
That’s still 500k a year of TPA’s.. imagine what the club could do with that. Even half of that a year would be huge

That’s still 500k a year of TPA’s.. imagine what the club could do with that. Even half of that a year would be huge

Jesus. The bloke can't win.

"He takes up too much of the cap".......turns out he doesn't

"He takes up too many of the TPA's then"

The biggest chunk of his TPA's is with Foxtel. They signed him uo becuase he is articulate, intelligent and presentable.

They have no ties to the Manly club, so if DCE walked, who's to say Foxtel would offer up a TPA to anyone else at the club? It's DCE they wanted on the books.

“There’s no issue around that, contrary to a lot of media reports we are well under the cap.

We don’t have to move anyone on..."

You mean all that stuff the media was clearly making up about our horrendous cap position was actually made up? Who would have thought!

Media:
1. Manly are way over the cap this year
2. Manly are way over the cap for next year too
3. Manly need to release half of their squad
4. Manly should like shut down and move to Perth

Fact:
1. Manly are under the cap now
2. Manly can sign someone before 30 June
3. Manly are not releasing guys next year, they will just not re-sign some players which they are under no obligation to do anyway
4. Manly will have cap space next year too, just < 300K if the fine sticks

Last edited:
“There’s no issue around that, contrary to a lot of media reports we are well under the cap.

We don’t have to move anyone on..."

You mean all that stuff the media was clearly making up about our horrendous cap position was actually made up? Who would have thought!

Media:
1. Manly are way over the cap this year
2. Manly are way over the cap for next year too
3. Manly need to release half of their squad
4. Manly should like shut down and move to Perth

Fact:
1. Manly are under the cap now
2. Manly can sign someone before 30 June
3. Manly are not releasing guys next year, they will just not re-sign some players which they are under no obligation to do anyway
4. Manly will have cap space next year too, just < 300K if the fine sticks

yes but no but yes but no but yes but no but....where's there's smoke....

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but-no.jpg

You got the days wrong mate
Yesterday was crap - today been out for lunch and a movie....probs a 7.5 day

The part when you stated “we can’t say Roosters get double standards, without knowing the facts”
There’s not 1 person on here or on Social media with the facts, we wouldn’t have this forum?
It’s all opinion based on common sense and how we view things in our own way.
Just on that point, i like the fact you have a different view, some others will too - this is healthy.
We can and should state our opinions on here....personally enjoy it including the times opinions differ.
But find it hypocritical to say we can’t formulate an opinion without having the Roosters accounting ledger in front of me.
You may even be correct and they have Al copones book keeper - I personally feel pretty suspect on their salary cap.
Also your Tall Poppy scenario is a tad out of touch, as Manly have been far more dominant than Roosters, making your comment a little foolish....buying any players they want without question has certainly not added up to any long term success.
This forum is all about expressing our views and you have expressed yours and I have mine . Sometimes we will agree and sometimes we wont . Its the nature of the Silvertails forum beast . Don't get your feathers in a knot just because some one questions your views or does not agree with them .
All good from my side maxta . No hard feelings feathered friend
Have a good day

This forum is all about expressing our views and you have expressed yours and I have mine . Sometimes we will agree and sometimes we wont . Its the nature of the Silvertails forum beast . Don't get your feathers in a knot just because some one questions your views or does not agree with them .
All good from my side maxta . No hard feelings feathered friend
Have a good day
No probs not agreeing, pretty boring forum if it was all glossed up, you missed my point.
The fact you disagreed was fine, but when you say not to question the Roosters salary without the facts - where are yours??
Do you have their salary books and accounts - I doubt it ??
Highly suspicious on upgrading 3-4 players like Mitchell, Matterson, Takukeiaho, Manu - adding Tedesco/Cronk on top of a roster already up there, buying Creighton for 2019 and hunting for Cleary, Kapow and more.
Anyways Bozo, enjoy your weekend and will both have our Manly gear on Sat arvo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4