[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Farce? Na that's too gentle a word. This club is stretching this fan's patience to the max. So Taupau might be let go so we can sort the cap? Right.
If this actually came to fruition I would cancel my membership & discard this club without hesitation.This is fast becoming unbearable & if this s&%t continues i'm sure more would follow. I know most of these reports are just sensationalism from dickh$#d journalists, however i'm just about done with the heirarchy
& their lack of information & their lack of instilling confidence. How the hell can they even consider letting go our best players? The priority should be to release Brown, Hastings, Uate, Winterstein, J Wright, M Wright & possibly Croker for a start & with Myles off contract we should not be in a position of having to let go the caliber of Taupau or Walker!! Everyone will say we have no depth blah blah blah.....but we can fill these positions up with players like T Wright, Fainu, Anderson, Metcalf, Sipley Loco, Folau, Amone & a few other cheapies on the market!! FMD the Penns should donate the club to us fans so we can run it @:mad:

For the op - barrett has already come out and said noooooooooooope, stop making things up.

Im dissapointed with the timing of this article normally its the day of our game they release this type of destabilising article far out who wrote it they should be sacked for getting the timing wrong damn it !!!

Because it keeps being reported this way. As much as I hate the term "fake news", this is a great example of it. Keep repeating a lie until it becomes as good as the truth...

As George Constanza said “Just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it”

Unless we know the facts we cant just say there are double standards . The fact is We don't know all the facts. If they were double standards than clubs would take a stance . Some clubs are managed well and some are not . The same as business and all other organizations .
Why would the NRL favour the Roosters ?. I thought Greenberg was a Bulldogs man .
Firstly don’t get almighty and come on a forum telling me or anyone else what they can think, especially a bloke who is usually stating it’s all only opinion when addressing other feathered friends about your own.
As for Greenburg, he may favour Bulldogs, but definitely despises Manly....well imo that’s pretty obvious.
The Roosters certainly do live by the term “money talks” and the millions of Sombrero “jokes” are actually funny because plenty feel they are true, if you don’t agree that’s fine, but don’t address my opinion on the matter.

@maxta
Firstly , Sorry to hear your having a bad day .
Mate , I was just expressing my opinion against yours . I totally disagree with you on this one and I am not one for tall poppy syndrome . I say Good luck to the Roosters for having lots of money and managing it better than other clubs
I don't understand when you say don't address your opinion ???

If this actually came to fruition I would cancel my membership & discard this club without hesitation.This is fast becoming unbearable & if this s&%t continues i'm sure more would follow. I know most of these reports are just sensationalism from dickh$#d journalists, however i'm just about done with the heirarchy
& their lack of information & their lack of instilling confidence. How the hell can they even consider letting go our best players? The priority should be to release Brown, Hastings, Uate, Winterstein, J Wright, M Wright & possibly Croker for a start & with Myles off contract we should not be in a position of having to let go the caliber of Taupau or Walker!! Everyone will say we have no depth blah blah blah.....but we can fill these positions up with players like T Wright, Fainu, Anderson, Metcalf, Sipley Loco, Folau, Amone & a few other cheapies on the market!! FMD the Penns should donate the club to us fans so we can run it @:mad:
Yeah, I’d probably do the same. We’ve already off loaded Lussick, and if we can’t find a way to keep Marty with all the dead wood coming off contract then I will have a break from the game. How can we possibly be in such bad shape cap wise that we need to get rid of our best forward, perhaps even our best player. One thing’s for sure, the media onslaught against the club shows no signs of slowing down. Last night when Hooper was dribbling away on NRL 360, the delight in his voice and demeanour was just so obvious when he was sticking the knife into us.

It’s a business these days , player loyalty means ZERO.

Barring the Turbo’s every one of our players would go elsewhere if someone offered them more money.

It’s sad, but I try not to get attached to players these days!

Yeah, I’d probably do the same. We’ve already off loaded Lussick, and if we can’t find a way to keep Marty with all the dead wood coming off contract then I will have a break from the game. How can we possibly be in such bad shape cap wise that we need to get rid of our best forward, perhaps even our best player. One thing’s for sure, the media onslaught against the club shows no signs of slowing down. Last night when Hooper was dribbling away on NRL 360, the delight in his voice and demeanour was just so obvious when he was sticking the knife into us.

He’s a prick, him and Reading the Play just LOVE sticking it to us as hard as they can.

Mind you Buzz isn’t much better.

I used to watch NRL 360 religiously, but haven’t bothered for 3 weeks now as I know it will be a constant barrage from those turkeys!

It’s a business these days , player loyalty means ZERO.

Barring the Turbo’s every one of our players would go elsewhere if someone offered them more money.

It’s sad, but I try not to get attached to players these days!
But how can anyone be offering Marty a better deal? He’s contracted until the end of 2020, so that would be against the NRL’s rules. Oh that’s right, their rules don’t apply to us, and the clowns in the media have long discarded the concept of reporting actual facts from a neutral standpoint.

I recon Marty or walker will be gooooone if not both . You can see it , well i can . The clubs in disarray and they'll be looking for an easy out . Imo of course .

@maxta
Firstly , Sorry to hear your having a bad day .
Mate , I was just expressing my opinion against yours . I totally disagree with you on this one and I am not one for tall poppy syndrome . I say Good luck to the Roosters for having lots of money and managing it better than other clubs
I don't understand when you say don't address your opinion ???
You got the days wrong mate
Yesterday was crap - today been out for lunch and a movie....probs a 7.5 day

The part when you stated “we can’t say Roosters get double standards, without knowing the facts”
There’s not 1 person on here or on Social media with the facts, we wouldn’t have this forum?
It’s all opinion based on common sense and how we view things in our own way.
Just on that point, i like the fact you have a different view, some others will too - this is healthy.
We can and should state our opinions on here....personally enjoy it including the times opinions differ.
But find it hypocritical to say we can’t formulate an opinion without having the Roosters accounting ledger in front of me.
You may even be correct and they have Al copones book keeper - I personally feel pretty suspect on their salary cap.
Also your Tall Poppy scenario is a tad out of touch, as Manly have been far more dominant than Roosters, making your comment a little foolish....buying any players they want without question has certainly not added up to any long term success.

Last edited:
In the offers for Taupau to join another club at seasons end, Rorters are making an offer for Taupau. How do the have the money in the cap, They have signed Critchon for 2019, They already have Cronk and Tedesco for 2019 etc. This game is so rigged

James Hooper along with the other News Filth Greenturd grovellers has never had any love for our club and will do anything to misrepresent our club with lies and innuendo. It is a pity that Journos like him are directed by their editors to write crap like this. You see the envy in their writing!

In the offers for Taupau to join another club at seasons end, Rorters are making an offer for Taupau. How do the have the money in the cap, They have signed Critchon for 2019, They already have Cronk and Tedesco for 2019 etc. This game is so rigged
Apparently 1mil under the cap for this year and next with Ferguson and another player that has slipped my mind is off contract as well

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7