[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just sayin' I haven't been on much for a couple of days and after a tough week at work I'm loving the humour in this thread. Cheers to you fellow Silvertails.

Marty just on 7 news saying he is going nowhere, that he loves manly and has a contract until 2020 . I knew the big buggar would stay. Never doughted it and if you see anything different, its not me .
Just proves that Hooper will do anything to destabilise our club. Even make up lies on live television with his tough guy voice, and his farkin slap me ridiculous facial expressions.

Generally if there is anything behind these stories, you get a bit of an indication on the field

The last 2 weeks from Taupau are up there with the best ive seen from a Manly front rower, that says enough to me
Yes, if Lapdog wrote the story, you could believe it. Because Uncle Pete told him.

I am not a "source" but recall Kent and Hooper on MMM quoting those numbers. The whole TPA issue surrounded DCE's 800 on the cap 400 off the cap for 17. The rest was rats and mice.

In 18 the NRL "ordained" that the 400 is to be cap because we were ensuring his payments were made. @Nice Beaver was correct. If you filter the past few months crap, the 400K is attributed to DCE.

The problem I have with the post is "we have players on more than that", referring to DCE's 800k under the cap. How many times do need to write it? Sheesh.

Manly Daily 2018-05-12

All eyes on our Marty in Denver Test

image.ashx

Marty Taupau set to offload despite the attention of three Roosters at Allianz Stadium last Sunday. Picture: Brendan Esposito

NO player in the NRL looks more suited to American football than Manly’s powerhouse, in-form prop Marty Taupau.

Which makes the England v New Zealand Test match in Denver, Colorado, on the weekend of June 23-24 a real goal for Taupau.

The Test will be played at the home of the Denver Broncos — Mile High Stadium. And NFL scouts from all over the US will be there, with Pacific island players coming through college teams into the NFL in big numbers in recent years.

And a South Sydney under-20s player from last season, Jordan Mailata, has been signed by the reigning NFL Super Bowl champ, Philadelphia Eagles.

Taupau and the Burgess twins, George and Tom, are sure to be closely watched in the Test.

Taupau has run for a record two- week tally of 537m, against the Newcastle Knights and the Sydney Roosters.

He is looking forward to a similar display in tonight’s game against the Brisbane Broncos at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium

Manly Daily 2018-05-12

All eyes on our Marty in Denver Test

image.ashx

Marty Taupau set to offload despite the attention of three Roosters at Allianz Stadium last Sunday. Picture: Brendan Esposito

NO player in the NRL looks more suited to American football than Manly’s powerhouse, in-form prop Marty Taupau.

Which makes the England v New Zealand Test match in Denver, Colorado, on the weekend of June 23-24 a real goal for Taupau.

The Test will be played at the home of the Denver Broncos — Mile High Stadium. And NFL scouts from all over the US will be there, with Pacific island players coming through college teams into the NFL in big numbers in recent years.

And a South Sydney under-20s player from last season, Jordan Mailata, has been signed by the reigning NFL Super Bowl champ, Philadelphia Eagles.

Taupau and the Burgess twins, George and Tom, are sure to be closely watched in the Test.

Taupau has run for a record two- week tally of 537m, against the Newcastle Knights and the Sydney Roosters.

He is looking forward to a similar display in tonight’s game against the Brisbane Broncos at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
It gets kind of funny
The media realise the Marty going to another club was shut down as total BS so now start playing the NFL card
As a bloke who watches plenty of NFL, Marty would have zero chance of an NFL team looking at him, if anything a Rugby union team would be a more truthful lie.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8