[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are not over the cap. Gorman and Greenberg have made that clear, I’m not sure why people keep thinking we are.

If we were over the cap, in his presser Greenturd would have gleefully announced it and said that we were going to be like Melbourne a-la 2010 and playing for zero points (as opposed to being allowed to play for them once cap compliant like Doesn't-matta).

But that wasn't the case. He said that we were not over the 2018 salary cap.

Apparently 1mil under the cap for this year and next with Ferguson and another player that has slipped my mind is off contract as well

If they are $1 million under this years cap I'm not an overweight 43 year old male, I'm really a schoolgirl with pigtails.....

Does anyone actually think this is anything but a player agent story? Either by his agent trying to get more $ or by another looking to gain leverage for one of their players
I think it's a delusional story, that's all

If we were over the cap, in his presser Greenturd would have gleefully announced it and said that we were going to be like Melbourne a-la 2010 and playing for zero points (as opposed to being allowed to play for them once cap compliant like Doesn't-matta).

But that wasn't the case. He said that we were not over the 2018 salary cap.

If they are $1 million under this years cap I'm not an overweight 43 year old male, I'm really a schoolgirl with pigtails.....
Are you selling any cookies by any chance?? I could do with a cookie right now

But I agree. The system is a rourt

Braith Anasta mentioned on Fox Sports that he has done some ‘research’ and believes it might not be a case of us having to let him go, but him wanting out.
I think the same and its ****ed that we have become a team that has so much baggage for the last few years. I try and be optimistic with manly anytime , but its like pushing **** up hill lately . If true and he wants out get rid of him or anyone else that doesn't want to be there. Realistically he and walker will be gone sooner then later.

There is absolutely zero chance manly would release one of the best props in the game. Roosters are linked to every player, chasing mansour as well and just signed crighton for 900k and resigned cordner on 800k. It will never happen.

There is absolutely zero chance manly would release one of the best props in the game. Roosters are linked to every player, chasing mansour as well and just signed crighton for 900k and resigned cordner on 800k. It will never happen.

There is nothing a sudden (and entirely unforeseen) failed in-house drug test won't do to clear up some cap space for the Roosters at short notice.

Manly will do everything to keep him. But if he does a Green and refuses to turn up to training then we have no option but to release him. Hopefully it will not come to that though.

There is nothing a sudden (and entirely unforeseen) failed in-house drug test won't do to clear up some cap space for the Roosters at short notice.

Manly will do everything to keep him. But if he does a Green and refuses to turn up to training then we have no option but to release him. Hopefully it will not come to that though.
Well there is.. you refuse a release and demand he sees out his contract. He simply just won’t perform because there’s still two three years on his contract. His market value will drop massively by the time his off contract. He won’t have a choice other than to put in and try and win a premiership while his still here, and who knows he might have a change of heart by then

How can roosters make an offer? Taupau still has two years to run on his contract. There has to be an investigation.

Well there is.. you refuse a release and demand he sees out his contract. He simply just won’t perform because there’s still two three years on his contract. His market value will drop massively by the time his off contract. He won’t have a choice other than to put in and try and win a premiership while his still here, and who knows he might have a change of heart by then
There could be issues with TPA’s for big Marty, the dreaded salary cap. Apparently he’s pissed with club. No problems with payment from uncle Nicks Roosters.

If he wants out let him walk, I've had enough of our players whinging for money. Time to start picking, signing and having players who are here to win for the club.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8