[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With the rule changes coming he'd be the very last person you would let go.

Surely the cap issues ease after this season when DCE's mate falls off the roster.

Also Brown will no doubt get cut along with Hastings.

We buy a centre, a backrower and a goal kicking half.

Happy days ahead.

Our cap can't be that bad. A couple of months ago we were within a whisker of signing Mitchell Pearce. Our reduced cap, if it sticks is 300k. Hardly a massive reduction that will force us to shed someone like Marty. We have already offloaded Lussick. This is another media attempt to destabilise the club, don't buy into it

Agree Bob

Trouble is in this comp it doesn’t matter if you don’t want to let them go; they just spit the dummy and make noise till you do. Green is the poster boy for that.

If there is any legs to this story, which is dubious,it will be about unpaid TPAs. And that increases the likelihood of said dummyspit

Hi all...

I may not be the brightest spark but I can't understand how rival clubs (especially Roosters for heaven's sake) are circling Marty Taupau like we are led to believe.

As I understand we were apparently a few hundred over and seeing we have already let Darcy Lussick go who was on a good wicket then I thought we'd be ok.

Not to mention a host of off contract players at season's end that won't be renew like Lewis Brown, Matt and Jono Wright, Akuila Uate and many others which will free up more coin.

I also know we are under the odds as far as cap goes next year too but surely that's enough players let go to to be ok?

If you believe the media vultures then we will lose more players than the Eels did and they were MILLIONS over for years.

It boils my blood hearing these dribblers such as Kent, Crawley, Reading the Play's Gerard Condon and several other who have an agenda against us 'guessing' at what cap space we have available.

Because that is all it is...a guess. These people have no more insight into what players are being paid and for them to guess and put it in print is just ridiculous.

None of us outside a select few within the club know for sure what players are on and how the cap is placed.

Rant over!!

With the rule changes coming he'd be the very last person you would let go.

Surely the cap issues ease after this season when DCE's mate falls off the roster.

Also Brown will no doubt get cut along with Hastings.

We buy a centre, a backrower and a goal kicking half.

Happy days ahead.
Happy Days are on their way !!!
images.jpg

Hi all...

I may not be the brightest spark but I can't understand how rival clubs (especially Roosters for heaven's sake) are circling Marty Taupau like we are led to believe.

As I understand we were apparently a few hundred over and seeing we have already let Darcy Lussick go who was on a good wicket then I thought we'd be ok.

Not to mention a host of off contract players at season's end that won't be renew like Lewis Brown, Matt and Jono Wright, Akuila Uate and many others which will free up more coin.

I also know we are under the odds as far as cap goes next year too but surely that's enough players let go to to be ok?

If you believe the media vultures then we will lose more players than the Eels did and they were MILLIONS over for years.

It boils my blood hearing these dribblers such as Kent, Crawley, Reading the Play's Gerard Condon and several other who have an agenda against us 'guessing' at what cap space we have available.

Because that is all it is...a guess. These people have no more insight into what players are being paid and for them to guess and put it in print is just ridiculous.

None of us outside a select few within the club know for sure what players are on and how the cap is placed.

Rant over!!
Well said . Taw a bow @Blowfly

Kapow story is due to Raiders Boyd demanding 750k :cool:

Kapow is on 600k, Rorters have no punch nor Cap limits, therefore Kapow to Rorters story is concocted :wondering:

The reality is, as Green just recently demonstrated, that players in demand will continue to break contracts and the NRL will keep registering the new increased contracts :confused:

The legal 'backflip' clause that Chez activated was stopped in 2016.
That was the time that the NRL should have strengthened their contract to limit players breaking theirs :fubar:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6