[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eadie fan

Reserve Grader
To be honest it’s not just the club I’m starting to not really give a **** about the game.

The haves , the have nots , rules for some , other rules for the rest , the bull**** the commentators go on with , the new rules , the referee’s and how they determine the 6 agains to influence a game.

The future of our club , the acceptance of mediocrity as being “ the norm “ , losing good players , not being able to sign quality ones , the list goes on.

It’s just not the same , it never needed a change and I’m starting to not like it .

Pretty depressing really.
C'mon mate and a lot of others on here

Yes, it is tough times at the moment and may be crap for a while. I'm too shaking my head at the selection of the team and the way we play the game. We are sooooo far away from the good teams.

But seriously, giving up on the great game of rugby league and our even greater club? I have heaps of interests in my life but I love the game and I f##king love Manly more!!!!!!!!!

I won't give up on either until the day I drop dead. Can't imagine life without the maroon and white!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
C'mon mate and a lot of others on here

Yes, it is tough times at the moment and may be crap for a while. I'm too shaking my head at the selection of the team and the way we play the game. We are sooooo far away from the good teams.

But seriously, giving up on the great game of rugby league and our even greater club? I have heaps of interests in my life but I love the game and I f##king love Manly more!!!!!!!!!

I won't give up on either until the day I drop dead. Can't imagine life without the maroon and white!!

No not giving up on my team at all , in fact it’s the only thing holding me to the game . BUT I’m just very disillusioned with the game as a whole , and it’s not just this year.

If you’ve followed what I’ve said I’ve been saying it for about 5 years now.

And clearly I’m not Robinson Caruso on here either.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Smart move by the club, we have plenty of middle forwards and some very talented development players looking for a spot in the 30.

We need edge backrowers, Davey and Guaca they are there next season, cloud over JetSki and Siro being at the club next season.

DCE and Sua worked good together on the right in origin last year..

Mataiforever

Bencher

Sports Confidential: Martin Taupau set to exit Manly as Sea Eagles target Origin enforcer​

Manly monster Martin Taupau could be on the move as the Sea Eagles launch a bid to sign a Queensland Origin back-rower as part of a major overhaul of their roster.

Marty Taupau could be on the move after being told his contract is unlikely to be renewed after next season.

Taupau, 31, has another year left on a monster Sea Eagles contract – worth about $800,000 – but the Sea Eagles would not stand in his way if he wanted to switch to a rival at the end of this year.

It comes as the Sea Eagles launch a bid to sign Queensland back-rower Jaydn Su’a.

Martin Taupau has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs for next season.

Su’a is off-contract at season’s end and negotiations with the Rabbitohs are in their infancy.

Taupau’s departure could also open the door for Manly to make a rich play for Parramatta lock Nathan Brown, whose contract talks with the Eels have stalled.

The Sea Eagles are in the midst of a major roster revamp.

With Taupau’s immediate playing future at the club now uncertain there are a host of players in a similar situation. Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Dylan Walker, Kieran Foran and Morgan Boyle are all off-contract and are facing an uphill battle to remain at the club.

Su’a, at 23, would be a perfect addition to the Sea Eagles forward pack after they locked away key youngsters including Sean Keppie, Haumole Olakau’ata, Taniela Paseka and Josh Schuster to long-term deals.

Manly fans got a little excited this week when images emerged of Tom Trbojevic in near full-flight. But the Sea Eagles are taking a super conservative approach to their star fullback.

There were suggestions he would be back as early as round four but that won’t happen. There is hope he could be back in time to play the Warriors in round five but, if not, he should feature in their round six match against the Titans.

Coach Des Hasler is confident Trbojevic will play against the Warriors.
“It will be the week after,” Hasler said. “It won’t be next week.”

story/b8a4d016a81f94396121f33aee209200
Mate Su'a is exactly what we need

He is one of the hardest hitters in the comp... and a second row - what we don't have. Perfect.

Jake, Su'a and Nathan Brown in our pack - **** we'll be feared

Get the deal done and get Brown over.

8. Paseka 9. Fainu 10. Trbojevic
11. Su'a 12. Olakau'atu 13. Brown

14. Cust/Lawton 15. Keppie 16. Aloiai 17. Davey

Could be a comp winning pack... please

Last edited:

He is one of the hardest hitters in the comp... and a second row - what we don't have. Perfect.

14. Hooker above 15. Keppie 16. Aloiai 17. Davey

I like every single word!
Brown to lock jake to prop is what id be doing. Thats a big pack right there and we have kane lawton isnt it? He will be the 14. Though manase can play 80. Dont really wanna lose marty but jake can do the exact same thing to a degree and he can give some short balls to the other forwards. Sua is a big hitter and exactly what we need... out of all those off contract only one id sign is walker because we wont get staggs or any better

Remy

shuu

This definetely excites me, coz that is a forward pack that is well balanced, mobile, powerful and got a lot of mongrel in it. The bench rotation would be perfect as well, and just have Fainu playing off that with his speed from dummy half and then Turbo lurking around the ruck for an offload or a break. I love the prospect of this, and be happy to see Marty released for this. And what is also huge, we got some quality development forwards coming through as well. Imagine having that forward pack you just named and having Saddler, Burbo, Fainu, Tuitavake waiting for their turns as well. Would be stacked in depth. Just need to get rid off everyone off contract this year and only resign Saddler, Fainu and Sipley (i really like sipley and think he still has a lot to show). Maybe even Walker depending on how his form is once he goes back to centre, otherwise we can chase another big centre.

Remy

shuu
I like every single word!
Brown to lock jake to prop is what id be doing. Thats a big pack right there and we have kane lawton isnt it? He will be the 14. Though manase can play 80. Dont really wanna lose marty but jake can do the exact same thing to a degree and he can give some short balls to the other forwards. Sua is a big hitter and exactly what we need... out of all those off contract only one id sign is walker because we wont get staggs or any better
Saddler and Sione Fainu also need to be resigned, they are our future forwards in the club. I also would like Sipley as well, he just needs another chance in first grade to prove himself first.

D

Deleted member 26876

Su’a would be a huge get and is more on the likely side because Bennett the dinosaur is not going to be coaching souths.

He’s one of the few second-rows in the comp i’ve taken notice to. Strong, good defence, controlled agro. Probably means the end of the Sironen days as well which is great. And, only 23 years old.

Him and Brown would make a big change to our pack and (brown would) put Jrbo back to prop where he belongs. Develop Saddler and Olakautau off bench or start Olakautau and have Davey off the bench. Totally refreshes us if we can make it happen (especially if fainu returns), Taupau has done some good things over the years but a prop is a prop and money should be spent elsewhere

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader

That’s a great looking pack and bench rotation!

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Su’a would be a huge get and is more on the likely side because Bennett the dinosaur is not going to be coaching souths.

He’s one of the few second-rows in the comp i’ve taken notice to. Strong, good defence, controlled agro. Probably means the end of the Sironen days as well which is great. And, only 23 years old.

Him and Brown would make a big change to our pack and (brown would) put Jrbo back to prop where he belongs. Develop Saddler and Olakautau off bench or start Olakautau and have Davey off the bench. Totally refreshes us if we can make it happen (especially if fainu returns), Taupau has done some good things over the years but a prop is a prop and money should be spent elsewhere
I agree Harry. Maybe Dez is trying to restructure his pack to suit the modern game.

Off contact at the club are
Croker, Boyle, Foran, Garrick, Gosiewski,Siroden, Parker, Walker, Taufua, Sipley. I would only sign Sipley and use the money to recruit.

Nathan Brown
Jaydn Sua
Brent Naden (Staggs probably will cost around 800k too much but would be an amazing get)

Last edited:

What a pack!!!

Simonmyers11

First Grader
What a pack!!!
I like it because at the moment, most of the metres are made purely from the 2 props. Jake to prop, although not a huge metre eater will be off set by the fact Brown, Sua, and Olakautu can also bend the line and are enforcers. Much more balanced pack. Mobile, Fast, aggressive and good defenders. Faniu, DCE, Tom, Shuster can play off the back of a solid foundation. Paseka and Aloiai can hit as well. Saddler I feel will be awesome as well and would be keeping Sipley.

manly al

First Grader
Have to take into account that Olokoa - atu is capable of playing as a prop , although personally prefer him as an edge forward and other promising prop or middle forwards coming on like Saddler and others through the pathways system . Obvious that Marty would not be able to command the same coin after next season , most likely anywhere else and maybe the club is just looking at getting the forward mix to a more favorable level next season with less money directed to a certain position . Marty has not shirked the hard going in the first two rounds to date and certainly hope that he can contribute well for the rest of this season . Again probably a case of just weighing up whether there can be a better forward make up for next season with a couple of other more contract friendly arrangements then Marty 's current considerable contract value .

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
Potential side for 2022 could be

T. Trbojevic
Saab
Walker
Suli
Funa/Tuipulotu
Shuster
DCE
Paseka
Faniu
J. Trbojecic
Su'A
Olakauatu
Brown

Lawton/Cust
Aloiai
Davey
Sipley/Saddler
On paper it looks great, but I still think we’ll struggle for consistency without a genuine backup fullback. Add that to the squad and we’re in business.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
On paper it looks great, but I still think we’ll struggle for consistency without a genuine backup fullback. Add that to the squad and we’re in business.

And mustn't overlook Koula on one wing. Yeh he's only 18, but super fast and he wasnt brought into the 30 this year so quickly to fill spaces. Obvious he is considered highly by the coaching staff for the wing or full back. Reportedly one of, if not, the fastest player around at present .

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
Tipping Member

Sports Confidential: Martin Taupau set to exit Manly as Sea Eagles target Origin enforcer​

Manly monster Martin Taupau and seven other off-contract Sea Eagles could be on the way out, as the club sets its sights on a Maroons enforcer.

Marty Taupau could be on the move after being told his contract is unlikely to be renewed after next season.
Taupau, 31, has another year left on a monster Sea Eagles contract – worth about $800,000 – but the Sea Eagles would not stand in his way if he wanted to switch to a rival at the end of this year.

It comes as the Sea Eagles launch a bid to sign Queensland back-rower Jaydn Su’A.

Su’A is off-contract at season’s end and negotiations with the Rabbitohs are in their infancy.

Taupau’s departure could also open the door for Manly to make a rich play for Parramatta lock Nathan Brown, whose contract talks with the Eels have stalled.

The Sea Eagles are in the midst of a major roster revamp.

With Taupau’s immediate playing future at the club now uncertain there are a host of players in a similar situation.

Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Dylan Walker, Kieran Foran and Morgan Boyle are all off-contract and are facing an uphill battle to remain at the club.

Su’a, at 23, would be a perfect addition to the Sea Eagles forward pack after they locked away key youngsters including Sean Keppie, Haumole Olakau’ata, Taniela Paseka and Josh Schuster to long-term deals.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12