[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So he's not getting renewed for 2023 as I read it ??
It's rd 3 2021.
I just don't get rugba leege anymore. Think I'm getting close to over it totally the way it's going.

To all who think Kapow is leaving;

Attachments

• 145816DC-3D58-496D-984F-9D94FFC31BF5.gif
    145816DC-3D58-496D-984F-9D94FFC31BF5.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 34
Marty has been told his contract is unlikely to be renewed after next season and
the club would not stand in his way if he wanted to switch to a rival at the end of this year.

Target - Jaydn Su’a.

Trouble is we’ll lose him and get a “ Brad Parker “ in return as NO ONE will want to come to us.

Dark days ahead I think.

I like the idea of Jaydn sua at manly.. always have rated him. I just can't see him leaving Wayne bennett
Wayne won’t be at South’s next year. Maybe back at Brisbane though.

That's just too sad that us old die hards are losing our enthusuasm for this club.

To be honest it’s not just the club I’m starting to not really give a **** about the game.

The haves , the have nots , rules for some , other rules for the rest , the bull**** the commentators go on with , the new rules , the referee’s and how they determine the 6 agains to influence a game.

The future of our club , the acceptance of mediocrity as being “ the norm “ , losing good players , not being able to sign quality ones , the list goes on.

It’s just not the same , it never needed a change and I’m starting to not like it .

Pretty depressing really.

To be honest it’s not just the club I’m starting to not really give a **** about the game.

The haves , the have nots , rules for some , other rules for the rest , the bull**** the commentators go on with , the new rules , the referee’s and how they determine the 6 agains to influence a game.

The future of our club , the acceptance of mediocrity as being “ the norm “ , losing good players , not being able to sign quality ones , the list goes on.

It’s just not the same , it never needed a change and I’m starting to not like it .

Two men are to blame Greenturd and Bellyache

Is this based on how badly Manly are going or do you think you’d have the same feelings if they were a dominant team?Because I understand the frustration of the chooks and Storm continually being successful despite the NRL preaching that the cap evens things out,but look at the Panthers.They have built from the ground up and granted they have a bigger nursery to choose from,it is possible to turn things around if you put the right people in place.I’m not au fait with the current standard of Manly juniors but I’m not confident the direction they chose to take a couple of years ago was the right move.You’ll have more chance of keeping the good younger players at the club if they are genuine locals rather than those that are bussed in

Just saying, I know exactly how you feel, I feel it too, besides it will be all the sweeter when we hit back, just got to see the next couple of years out.

If we can lose Siro and Taupau then buy Sua and Brown and have some change then that is a massive win in my opinion. Also let go Walker and buy the best centre money can buy with what's left over. Get Fainu back firing with Lawton and a healthy Turbo at the back and all of a sudden we are looking the goods. Add to this Schuster, Olakau-atu etc and we are putting together a formidable forward pack.
Imagine a pack with Brown, Sua, Keppie, Paseka, Aloiai, Olakau-atu, Davey, Jake. That is some tough and big hitting boys! 2022 premiers

If we can lose Siro and Taupau then buy Sua and Brown and have some change then that is a massive win in my opinion. Also let go Walker and buy the best centre money can buy with what's left over. Get Fainu back firing with Lawton and a healthy Turbo at the back and all of a sudden we are looking the goods. Add to this Schuster, Olakau-atu etc and we are putting together a formidable forward pack.
Imagine a pack with Brown, Sua, Keppie, Paseka, Aloiai, Olakau-atu, Davey, Jake. That is some tough and big hitting boys! 2022 premiers

I still think we could steal naden off Panthers on the cheap then buy another gun centre, or we try Koula out

Is this based on how badly Manly are going or do you think you’d have the same feelings if they were a dominant team?Because I understand the frustration of the chooks and Storm continually being successful despite the NRL preaching that the cap evens things out,but look at the Panthers.They have built from the ground up and granted they have a bigger nursery to choose from,it is possible to turn things around if you put the right people in place.I’m not au fait with the current standard of Manly juniors but I’m not confident the direction they chose to take a couple of years ago was the right move.You’ll have more chance of keeping the good younger players at the club if they are genuine locals rather than those that are bussed in

No not just the way we are going.

If you’ve been following what I’ve been saying this has been my line for quite some time now.

It’s the “ divide” that pisses me off most of all .

All about TV, ratings and $$$$$$

I used to watch most games , now it’s rare I watch any other than our own.

Maybe it’s an age thing.

No not just the way we are going.

If you’ve been following what I’ve been saying this has been my line for quite some time now.

It’s the “ divide” that pisses me off most of all .

All about TV, ratings and $$$$$$

I used to watch most games , now it’s rare I watch any other than our own.

Maybe it’s an age thing.
Yeah I’m the same,re mainly only watching Manly games.Although tonight’s games a cracker.I understand the reason that TV/ratings take precedence but that’s the modern game maybe if our club moved into the modern times rather than running off meat tray raffles,we may have a different perspective of it

The have's and the have not's. Just take a look at that Rorters side. Three top line hooking options injured in Friend, Verrils, and Radley. Joey Lussick, come on down!

Viva Las Vegas!

Sports Confidential: Martin Taupau set to exit Manly as Sea Eagles target Origin enforcer​

Manly monster Martin Taupau could be on the move as the Sea Eagles launch a bid to sign a Queensland Origin back-rower as part of a major overhaul of their roster.

Marty Taupau could be on the move after being told his contract is unlikely to be renewed after next season.

Taupau, 31, has another year left on a monster Sea Eagles contract – worth about $800,000 – but the Sea Eagles would not stand in his way if he wanted to switch to a rival at the end of this year.

It comes as the Sea Eagles launch a bid to sign Queensland back-rower Jaydn Su’a.

Martin Taupau has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs for next season.

Su’a is off-contract at season’s end and negotiations with the Rabbitohs are in their infancy.

Taupau’s departure could also open the door for Manly to make a rich play for Parramatta lock Nathan Brown, whose contract talks with the Eels have stalled.

The Sea Eagles are in the midst of a major roster revamp.

With Taupau’s immediate playing future at the club now uncertain there are a host of players in a similar situation. Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Dylan Walker, Kieran Foran and Morgan Boyle are all off-contract and are facing an uphill battle to remain at the club.

Su’a, at 23, would be a perfect addition to the Sea Eagles forward pack after they locked away key youngsters including Sean Keppie, Haumole Olakau’ata, Taniela Paseka and Josh Schuster to long-term deals.

Manly fans got a little excited this week when images emerged of Tom Trbojevic in near full-flight. But the Sea Eagles are taking a super conservative approach to their star fullback.

There were suggestions he would be back as early as round four but that won’t happen. There is hope he could be back in time to play the Warriors in round five but, if not, he should feature in their round six match against the Titans.

Coach Des Hasler is confident Trbojevic will play against the Warriors.
“It will be the week after,” Hasler said. “It won’t be next week.”

story/b8a4d016a81f94396121f33aee209200

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10