[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So is Marty’s wife touring Easts and Parra clubs because she works for the NRL?

Surely if Marty is looking around other clubs, they would be more subtle?

NRL site has story on Fifita moving to the dragons in pursuit of playing first grade, and Cronulla have a habit of signing ex top line players, letting Fifita go means they would probably want and need a front rower, possibly see Marty as an excellent bench rotation to replace Fifita, I don’t know what Fifita earning but it would probably be a positive move for their cap as well, might be just rumours but where there’s smoke there is usually fire.
If you read the papers Fifita going would give the Sharks money to strengthen their backs as that’s what they need.....not a forward. They have plenty of forward depth. He’s on $800k & Marty just under $700k.

There was a point where I would not have thought so @Shane4500... these days nothing would surprise me with our 'recruitment'
well.... hopefully not true but yes who knows. But gee I can't see it at all unless they truly think Saddler is the answer but isn't he on a Development contract? If they thought he was a gun he would be in the 30... not a development player. So to me..... fake news!

Put it this way SER8...

I care more about whether my grammar was right then I do about losing ANY particular player...

...so I COULDN'T care less I guess... maybe... I dont know, I'm confused now lol...
I think you could care less if we lost him but got a better replacement,.....but you couldn’t care less if we lost him and got no replacement

just sayin’

Losing AFB and Taupau in the space of two years is not ideal. I understand Taupau isn't what he used to be, and is more of just a workhorse in the middle. But also why do we need to let go of Taupau to get a backrower? We got so many duds off contract this year, surely we can just offload them and be able to afford a Su'a or a Brown. I like the prospect of having olakatau and su'a as our backrowers, just a bit concerned on our front rowers. Paseka starting with Aloiai, and Keppie and Sipley off the bench doesn't seem to bad. Got also big Fainu and Alec coming through the ranks slowly as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8