[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Now cronulla"

Is this because someone named um... curtis tweeted it then it's worth repeating and of course triggering the naysayers?

It is?

Ok... continue then.

Would have been happy to let Tapau go and retain AFB
AFB - top 2 best props in the comp
Taupau - top 20.
No contest.

In saying this I wouldn't be too bummed if Marty left and we got Nathan Brown. Would allow Jake to go to prop and we have a strong young rotation in aloiai-paseka-keppie and would probably accelerate s.fainu's involvement.

Just would like a 2row to come across with Brown. Anyone half decent will do - I like Talakai from sharks.

Talakai + Brown for Marty? Yes from me.

NRL site has story on Fifita moving to the dragons in pursuit of playing first grade, and Cronulla have a habit of signing ex top line players, letting Fifita go means they would probably want and need a front rower, possibly see Marty as an excellent bench rotation to replace Fifita, I don’t know what Fifita earning but it would probably be a positive move for their cap as well, might be just rumours but where there’s smoke there is usually fire.

NRL site has story on Fifita moving to the dragons in pursuit of playing first grade, and Cronulla have a habit of signing ex top line players, letting Fifita go means they would probably want and need a front rower, possibly see Marty as an excellent bench rotation to replace Fifita, I don’t know what Fifita earning but it would probably be a positive move for their cap as well, might be just rumours but where there’s smoke there is usually fire.

Fifita reportedly on close to $800k and playing ressies, most reckon he's busted, Sharks cap is still a mess.
No one is going to pay full freight for Fifita so unless they expect us to pay some of Marty's I can't see how it'd help them too much.

"Now cronulla"

Is this because someone named um... curtis tweeted it then it's worth repeating and of course triggering the naysayers?

It is?

Ok... continue then.
The thread IS tiled "Marty's RUMOURED wanderings" isn't it?

And this is his latest RUMOURED wandering?

It is?

O.K. then, carry on...

u mad bro

there's probably a diff between "dribble" and a rumour which some substantiation behind it.

Someone else can explain the diff.

lol, people get triggered over anything these days.

If there is one position in which we have back-up strength it's prop, so it wouldn't worry mean if Kapow was traded to the Sharks but, as MFB says, we must not be partly funding his salary to play against us.
Kapow has been a good played for Manly and should be applauded for his services, but I can't see him being the enforcer he once was, and I think we've seen the best of him. From a Cronulla perspective I'm not sure it would be a wise recruitment.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8