[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Great interview by Marty, seems like he has his feet planted to the ground. His offloads on the weekend in that first 20mins kept the pressure on the storm.

Very mature in the way he thinks given the way the media portrays him as a deadlifting muscle head.

Vonnie can take her beers and rack off. The N'pops will interview Marty on a beach with a bottle of New Zealand Sav Blanc and a picnic rug.
For journalistic purposes of course.:D.

He drinks red, so you might want another bottle for him. Heard him discussing wine with Graeme Hughes on Talkin' Sport last year.

Which is exactly the impression he gives week in week out as he smashes it up like a man possessed. You don’t put in like that if you’re not a happy camper. I still thinking that the original “story” had nothing behind it but hopeful speculation from a team of media clowns that reallllly dislike Manly.

Marty is almost suspiciously well spoken for a front rower. As an ex front rower myself, it’s refreshing to see such a thing, though I’m sure that @Woodsie wouod disagree and question his credentials ;)

I call Buullshiit ....... I have been reliably informed the world is ending ....

So i recorded it and watched it now, and to be honest, i found he was so caught up in trying to come across a certain way and use phrases that seemed to come from his coach that taught him 'positive affirmations' ( we will win the grand final) that many times he really didn't answer the question.

Still, I wouldn't swap him for any forward in the game.

So i recorded it and watched it now, and to be honest, i found he was so caught up in trying to come across a certain way and use phrases that seemed to come from his coach that taught him 'positive affirmations' ( we will win the grand final) that many times he really didn't answer the question.

Still, I wouldn't swap him for any forward in the game.

Yep.

One thing that I did find strange was that he didn’t say “Manly” or “Sea Eagles” once, it was always the club.
Same with “my teammates and coach”
When asked about the transfer rumours he was rather generic with his long winded answer - basically I’m contracted until 2020.
Maybe I’m overthinking it and we all expect players to exude the same love for Manly as we do and he is a new age professional and the “club” is just his employer.
It’s something we don’t really understand when they say they put their boots on and go to work and do my job for my teammates and the coach.
I’m not knocking him, just saw a different side to a professional footballer.
Hope he stays the length of his contract and then some.

Yep.

One thing that I did find strange was that he didn’t say “Manly” or “Sea Eagles” once, it was always the club.
When asked about the transfer rumours he was rather generic with his long winded answer - basically I’m contracted until 2020.
Maybe I’m overthinking it and we all expect players to exude the same love for Manly as we do and he is a new age professional and the “club” is just his employer.
It’s something we don’t really understand when they say they put their boots on and go to work and do my job for my teammates and the coach.

Sometimes language is culturally oriented. Listen to other footballers and determine if they tend to say the same things about the fellow players and the coach, rather than specifically speak of the club. It may not be oversight, but rather what their focus is on. Like when I worked for the Department of Corrective Services, I would rarely refer to that specific title. If people asked about my job I would discuss some of the activities, the people I worked with and that I worked in Parole. Are you more likely to refer to the business name you work for or what kind of work you do, when asked about your job? We identify with Manly and Sea Eagles because we are outside looking in. But inside the important things are your team mates or fellow workers and what you do.

Yep.

I agree. I hope he stays for a long time however i see him as a bit of a mercenary or a gun for hire to the highest bidder.

Sometimes language is culturally oriented. Listen to other footballers and determine if they tend to say the same things about the fellow players and the coach, rather than specifically speak of the club. It may not be oversight, but rather what their focus is on. Like when I worked for the Department of Corrective Services, I would rarely refer to that specific title. If people asked about my job I would discuss some of the activities, the people I worked with and that I worked in Parole. Are you more likely to refer to the business name you work for or what kind of work you do, when asked about your job? We identify with Manly and Sea Eagles because we are outside looking in. But inside the important things are your team mates or fellow workers and what you do.

Yeah I get that maybe I'm reading too much into it but...
I would have thought there would have been at least one reference to who he plays for - if you walked in and only listened to him speaking you'd have no idea who he plays for - and it was a rather lengthy interview.
- I'm contracted to Manly till 2020
- I'm doing what Trent wants me to do
- Playing for the Sea Eagles is my job...etc
There was none of that.

As I said, maybe he's a new style of footballer that does his job, clocks off and goes home and he leaves the media & club promo stuff to others.
He talked about the importance of his brand and all that goes with that though.

Yes, the show is a different type of footy show and we gain some insights but obviously he is a different type of cat and as long as he puts in for the club, his co-workers and coach this supporter will be placated.

Yeah I get that maybe I'm reading too much into it but...
I would have thought there would have been at least one reference to who he plays for - if you walked in and only listened to him speaking you'd have no idea who he plays for - and it was a rather lengthy interview.
- I'm contracted to Manly till 2020
- I'm doing what Trent wants me to do
- Playing for the Sea Eagles is my job...etc
There was none of that.

As I said, maybe he's a new style of footballer that does his job, clocks off and goes home and he leaves the media & club promo stuff to others.
He talked about the importance of his brand and all that goes with that though.

Yes, the show is a different type of footy show and we gain some insights but obviously he is a different type of cat and as long as he puts in for the club, his co-workers and coach this supporter will be placated.
Don't over think it . Actually you've got me thinking about it .

Poor Marty will unfortunately disappear into the shadow of "BIG TOM" Trbojevic when Tom fills out a bit.:D

Big Tom.JPG

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...sters-game/1qp4tdi291y4o1k3g88bffpr0y/slide/1

Kapow’s attitude lacking

So why did Manly bench their best and most feared forward, Marty Taupau, for Saturday’s cliff hanger against Penrith?

I can reveal that Taupau was dropped as a disciplinary measure, with Sea Eagles officials unhappy with his attitude.

Before the previous week’s clash with the Roosters, Taupau had a blazing row with a Sea Eagles staff member.

Players were shocked at the verbal battering Taupau delivered - and little wonder the team performed so poorly in the game against the Roosters in the aftermath.

“There were no punches or anything like that, but it was full on,” one player told me.

“The club is just an unhappy place at the moment and Marty, in particular, doesn’t want to be there - he wants out.”

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10