[Resurrected] Marty's rumoured wanderings thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Starting Kapow on the bench was a coaching masterstroke . . .if you are allowed on here to praise Twenty.
Starting Kapow on the bench reminded me of how well we played against Penrith last year in round 26. Lussick and Taupau came out with all guns blazing and with AFB & Perrett turning it up from the bench we had destroyed them through the middle. I don't think we've that same sort of destructive performance by all our forwards since round 2 against Parra.

Its hard to know, as Marty is pretty self imposed apart from the "winning the comp" call.
The fact is every journo will jump to cryptic conclusions, as this pleases most readers with the exception of manly fans.
My take is Marty hates losing and would be very frustrated at the results considering he has paved the way in most matches in 2018 and deserves to be in the winning dressing sheds on his own form almost every week.
He is exactly what you want in this sense, many good players in a losing team play down to the level of their team mates with the "why should I keep trying" attitude.
Marty is a fighter who challenges himself to be the best he can and apart from Jak, Thommo and DCE, many others at this time look like they kind of accept the losses to easily.
If the best team can stay fit with a few inclusions that increase the speed, belief, structures and that competitive edge like fighting to play the ball and basic support runners and resetting quicker in the ruck - the team will mix it with the best....but Marty is a MUST keep to make this possible.

Its hard to know, as Marty is pretty self imposed apart from the "winning the comp" call.
The fact is every journo will jump to cryptic conclusions, as this pleases most readers with the exception of manly fans.
My take is Marty hates losing and would be very frustrated at the results considering he has paved the way in most matches in 2018 and deserves to be in the winning dressing sheds on his own form almost every week.
He is exactly what you want in this sense, many good players in a losing team play down to the level of their team mates with the "why should I keep trying" attitude.
Marty is a fighter who challenges himself to be the best he can and apart from Jak, Thommo and DCE, many others at this time look like they kind of accept the losses to easily.
If the best team can stay fit with a few inclusions that increase the speed, belief, structures and that competitive edge like fighting to play the ball and basic support runners and resetting quicker in the ruck - the team will mix it with the best....but Marty is a MUST keep to make this possible.
Not sure Marty likes Barrett too much as there comment that they don't talk

Like the rest of us he just needs a new coach

Time to create some tales about some of these journos and spread it wide throughout the game.

I woukd like to see AFB come off the bench like last year where he was first in post contact metres. We need to split afb up and have more impact off the bench.

Marty coming off the bench last week was a turning point, started literally running over tired defenders.

I hope marty is not released. We really need him moving forward. I think he just hates losing. Hopefully we can get a couple more wins before the end of the year and start 2019 a lot better then this year. If the team is winning all these rumours go away. Its different when your winning

I woukd like to see AFB come off the bench like last year where he was first in post contact metres. We need to split afb up and have more impact off the bench.

Marty coming off the bench last week was a turning point, started literally running over tired defenders.

I hope marty is not released. We really need him moving forward. I think he just hates losing. Hopefully we can get a couple more wins before the end of the year and start 2019 a lot better then this year. If the team is winning all these rumours go away. Its different when your winning

Yep.

Also challenges Tanga, Paseka etc to step up as a starter and just do what frontrowers are meant to do.

Daily Telegraph - Sports Confidential

MARTY’S A LITTLE ON THE NOSE

THE latest problem for Manly centres around Kiwi Test prop Marty Taupau and rumours he’s offside with some of his teammates.

Rival clubs are aware of the drum on Taupau and some have baulked at looking to sign him given the rumblings coming out of the Sea Eagles’ dressing room.

Taupau is still contracted to Manly for the next two seasons but other NRL sides have been quietly made aware that if they want to make a play, the big prop could be available.

Intriguingly, coach Trent Barrett benched Taupau against the Penrith Panthers last Saturday after initially naming him to start.

Taupau has again been named to start against Cronulla on Sunday.

There is no questioning his talent, but as we saw with Daly Cherry-Evans, Anthony Watmough and the Stewart brothers a few years back, divided dressing rooms are never an easy fit.

Daily Telegraph - Sports Confidential

MARTY’S A LITTLE ON THE NOSE

THE latest problem for Manly centres around Kiwi Test prop Marty Taupau and rumours he’s offside with some of his teammates.

Rival clubs are aware of the drum on Taupau and some have baulked at looking to sign him given the rumblings coming out of the Sea Eagles’ dressing room.

Taupau is still contracted to Manly for the next two seasons but other NRL sides have been quietly made aware that if they want to make a play, the big prop could be available.

Intriguingly, coach Trent Barrett benched Taupau against the Penrith Panthers last Saturday after initially naming him to start.

Taupau has again been named to start against Cronulla on Sunday.

There is no questioning his talent, but as we saw with Daly Cherry-Evans, Anthony Watmough and the Stewart brothers a few years back, divided dressing rooms are never an easy fit.

FMD I’m sick of this ****.

It goes on and on and on!!

Is this for real? First Hastings and now they are ostracising Marty? For what, being bigger than the rest of them? Is there something seriously wrong with this team?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8