Manly vs Brisbane pre-game Team Lists (and discussion)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When Taufua does come back, Manly will make some serious meters in attack. He was averaging 150 m a game before he was injured. Couple that with the meters Taupau and Jack Tbrojevic are making and Manly should easily get the ball to the other end of the field.

Making metres in attack isn't a guaranteed win though unfortunately, just look at Sunday. We dominated the Chooks really but lacked the polish and finishing skills to win.

How does Frankenstein and Lopping Lloyd retain their places in the top 17?
Poor selections.
Guess we know the outcome of this match now, don't we?
But who can take their places? Not many to choose from. Sipley is the only forward in the reserves list and all other forwards are injured.

How does Frankenstein and Lopping Lloyd retain their places in the top 17?
Poor selections.
Guess we know the outcome of this match now, don't we?

I would have thought their selections were pretty obvious.....we have no other players!!

Last edited:
But who can take their places? Not many to choose from. Sipley is the only forward in the reserves list and all other forwards are injured.

Unfortunately 100% correct. We are literally down to one forward outside of the NRL 17 and that's Sipley. And of those in the first grade squad currently injured only Gosiewski will return to play this season.

Why oh why persist with Fumblestein and hashed Brown ?

I would have thought their selections were pretty obvious.....we have no other players!!
It is quite well documented that teams with minimal changes tend to be successful. Meaning, if we can keep the same team together for a few weeks, it is a plus. Pretty much all players can do the job, it is teamwork that makes the difference, more often than not.

My Team for this Week:

1. Turbo
2. Suli
3. Walker
4. Kelly
5. Aku
6. Jacko
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Api
10. Marty
11. Joel
12. Penny
13. Turbo

14. T Wright
15. Sipley
16. AFB
17. Perrett

18. Poo
19. Frankenstein
20. Funa
21. M Wright

It is quite well documented that teams with minimal changes tend to be successful. Meaning, if we can keep the same team together for a few weeks, it is a plus. Pretty much all players can do the job, it is teamwork that makes the difference, more often than not.

Thanks.

If we did not have injuries neither would be there.

Now we do have injuries we have no choice but to pick them.

Not sure why I had to be quoted for the run down on team selection consistency?

My Team for this Week:

1. Turbo
2. Suli
3. Walker
4. Kelly
5. Aku
6. Jacko
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Api
10. Marty
11. Joel
12. Penny
13. Turbo

14. T Wright
15. Sipley
16. AFB
17. Perrett

18. Poo
19. Frankenstein
20. Funa
21. M Wright
Tsk tsk, why settle for Jacko at 6?
If we are picking imaginary teams, why not go Lockyer, or just go the whole hog and select Bob Fulton.

The Broncos have hardly been setting the world on fire so snatching an upset isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
Anyway, that's what I keep telling myself because I've already bought tickets for the game.

Not sure why I had to be quoted for the run down on team selection consistency?
True, you didn't have to be quoted, it's always an individual choice.
I forget right now why I quoted your post. Often I do it to prompt a reply!!

How is Jacob Loko going so far this year? Curious that Suli was promoted ahead of him given age and experience, but I haven't seen either play this year.
He's been playing a bit of backrow as Suli and The Great Wright Hope have been in the centres

Im a bit stunned we didn't beat the roosters, although am always more confident playing tougher teams with this squad, so for the second week consecutive i'm tipping an underdog win, Manly by 8

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2