Manly vs Brisbane pre-game Team Lists (and discussion)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
Manly Sea Eagles v Brisbane Broncos, Saturday 7.35pm at Suncorp Stadium

Sea Eagles team which lost to the Roosters: 1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Matthew Wright, 3 Moses Suli, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Akuila Uate, 6 Dylan Walker, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Addin Fonua-Blake, 9 Apisai Koroisau, 10 Martin Taupau, 11 Joel Thompson, 12 Shaun Lane, 13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange: 14 Lewis Brown, 15 Frank Winterstein, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Taniela Paseka

The five-eighth curse appeared to have continued for Manly with Dylan Walker suffering a hyper-extended knee in his first run at five-eighth following a season-ending ACL injury to Lachlan Croker, but the news on Monday was positive with Walker expected to be fit to play. Tom Wright would be the next in line for five-eighth with Jackson Hastings out of favour. Jorge Taufua, Brad Parker, Jack Gosiewski and Jono Wright are all likely to be available in a couple of weeks.

Broncos team which beat the Bulldogs: 1 Darius Boyd (c), 2 Corey Oates, 3 James Roberts, 4 Tom Opacic, 5 Jamayne Isaako, 6 Anthony Milford, 7 Jack Bird, 8 Matthew Lodge, 9 Andrew McCullough, 10 Sam Thaiday, 11 Alex Glenn, 12 Jaydn Su'A, 13 Tevita Pangai jnr

Interchange: 14 Payne Haas, 15 Joe Ofahengaue, 16 Kodi Nikorima, 17 Korbin Sims

Both Alex Glenn (hamstring) and Jack Bird (quad) are expected to play despite leaving the field on Thursday night with injuries, but young forward Payne Haas will miss a month with an ankle injury. Jordan Kahu (jaw) could also make his return in the next week or two.

Not the official list yet mate, not that it ever is until an hour before kick off, but I thought it interesting, Tafua, Parker, and Gojetski could be available in a couple of weeks. We seem to struggle when Jorge is off the field, so definately welcome him back. Plus the other 2 were going well before injury, we could do with a bit of depth.

Interchange: 14 Lewis Brown, 15 Frank Winterstein, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Taniela Paseka

Reserves: 18 Thomas Wright, 19 Jackson Hastings, 20 Tevita Funa, 21 Toafofoa Sipley

Manly have named an unchanged 17 from last week's narrow loss to the Roosters.

Interchange: 14 Payne Haas, 15 Joe Ofahengaue, 16 Korbin Sims, 17 Tom Opacic

Reserves: 18 Sam Tagataese, 19 Todd Murphy, 20 Jonus Pearson, 21 Patrick Mogo

The Jack Bird in the halves experiment is over for now, with the former Shark returning to the centre role in place of Tom Opacic (bench). Kodi Nikorima is elevated from the bench to halfback. The bench is otherwise unchanged, with rookie Payne Haas named despite suffering an ankle and concussion last week.

ISP team

23 Jade Anderson

2 Maliko Filino

3 Jacob Loko

19 Vai Toutai

5 Honeti Tuha

6 Jackson Hastings

7 Cade Cust

22 FJ Mauala

9 Joey Lussick

10 Toff Sipley

11 James Hasson

12 Tyler Cassel

13 Tom Amone

Interchange

15 Josh Martin

16 Veiru Mapesone

17 James Tuitahi

18 Tekina Vailea

when in world did we sign him back
Really is the a gee up am I reading this correctly ??

James Hasson, well, at least he's not in the starting side... Explains him watching the Reggies with the boys last week.

Cant believe the hass is back . Last time i heard of him he was on a bench of a hr holden heading to Parramatta.

How is Jacob Loko going so far this year? Curious that Suli was promoted ahead of him given age and experience, but I haven't seen either play this year.

Can't find any news on Hasson, except he was facing an uncertain future in 2017 at just 25.

What's next, Wiliame?

How does Frankenstein and Lopping Lloyd retain their places in the top 17?
Poor selections.
Guess we know the outcome of this match now, don't we?

ISP team

23 Jade Anderson

2 Maliko Filino

3 Jacob Loko

19 Vai Toutai

5 Honeti Tuha

6 Jackson Hastings

7 Cade Cust

22 FJ Mauala

9 Joey Lussick

10 Toff Sipley

11 James Hasson

12 Tyler Cassel

13 Tom Amone

Interchange

15 Josh Martin

16 Veiru Mapesone

17 James Tuitahi

18 Tekina Vailea

when in world did we sign him back
Really is the a gee up am I reading this correctly ??
:swear:

Not the official list yet mate, not that it ever is until an hour before kick off, but I thought it interesting, Tafua, Parker, and Gojetski could be available in a couple of weeks. We seem to struggle when Jorge is off the field, so definately welcome him back. Plus the other 2 were going well before injury, we could do with a bit of depth.
When Taufua does come back, Manly will make some serious meters in attack. He was averaging 150 m a game before he was injured. Couple that with the meters Taupau and Jack Tbrojevic are making and Manly should easily get the ball to the other end of the field.

When Taufua does come back, Manly will make some serious meters in attack. He was averaging 150 m a game before he was injured. Couple that with the meters Taupau and Jack Tbrojevic are making and Manly should easily get the ball to the other end of the field.
Why wait?
Both Uate and Moses are at least as powerfull as Jorge :nod:

How is Jacob Loko going so far this year? Curious that Suli was promoted ahead of him given age and experience, but I haven't seen either play this year.
Saw him play one match and the word that describes him would, in a crossword, be under the clue: "timber yard lumber".

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8