Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 9, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As much as the refereeing didn't do us any favours, we lost another game we should have won purely and simply on the back of our own mistakes. The forwards were great - ran hard and tackled hard all game. Jake and Marty were outstanding. And we looked a lot better without Croker on the field. Happy for Jake to be doing the ball playing and Dylan the running - they split the role very well. Still not happy with DCE's last-tackle options but he ran well and tried hard.
But Tommy's dropped balls killed us. Honestly, I thought Barrett should have hooked him just to drive home the point that he's not performing anywhere near the standard of a first-grade fullback. He needs a reality check, or maybe a week or two to get his ankle right.
And why did we stop taking the gift two points when we were behind by six and eight? One or two of those and we would have at least taken the game to golden point.
The last two games if we had kicked the penalties in front we have been awarded nowhere we have dropped it on the next tackle we would have taken both games to golden point

It was a gallant effort in the face of the turmoil the team has been through Tom Wright or Jade Anderson need to replace Matt Wright ... and Tom needs a session with a hypnotherapist .... I can catch .... I can catch .... I won't thow a forward pass, I wont throw a forward pass.....

Situation doesn’t allow it but Tom needs a rest , sad to see his body language today. The team tried hard you couldn’t bag that effort but things just aren’t going our way and less said about the officials the better. Keep going lads we will get there , Manly forever.
How can u give an 800k a year player a rest.. at this point in his career he should be on much much less

Is it the way turbos been coached??? Cause he is goin downhill fast. What happened to his amazing attack....
It's nothing to do with how he's coached. it's a personality trait of toms and to an extent hihims s brother also.

If anything goes against him he starts being down on himself and compounding the problems.

One dropped ball for Tom turns into a snow ball effect and spirals out of control. He needs to learn more than his coach can teach him.

I realise he wears his heart on his sleeve, however, one mistake in the first 10 minutes for Tom turns into a game full of mistakes unfortunately.

I remember a few years ago that Killer was overruled a penalty because the Ref said that Manly's infringement was greater - I think against the Cows.@:cool:

Turbo getting smashed without the ball was a greater infringement than Wright running someone off the ball 30 meters out :cool:

The Refs pull out obscure rules at will and we are always on the wrong end :mad:

Walks getting knee capped didn't even end up on report :eek:

I'm happy with that performance, forwards went forward , backs were short just one more cog, and we would have had a good machine running, couple of ref decisions and 50/50 s but all in all a good game , finally I'm not gutted after a game..

btw, credit to Taupau, I have been critical of him of late but a good game today..

Last edited:
Whats that - like our fourth or fifth loss on the trot and now half of u are talking like TB... 'Tried hard, gutsy effort .' We are not the Titans ffs we are Manly. We won the penalties 12-7 ffs. Had heaps of good field possession and couldn't ice it. Our completion rate was atrocious as was our composure. Those of u that think that was a satisfying performance clearly don't remember what an outstanding team we used to be. They might have tried hard , but they failed against a star studded team of duds that played with few clues themselves.
Of course I remember the great Manly teams of the past. I've been watching them for the past 59 years! But there are really only 7-8 of our 17 who are first grade standard. And when your main attacking weapon, Tom Turbo, has such a shocker it becomes very difficult to win.
This comp is all about injuries. Put Sirro, Tango, Tafua and possibly Parker in and you've got a decent team.
Illawarra has had no injuries which is the main reason they are winning the comp. Has Mary McGregor suddenly become a master coach?

Forget the refs, ball security is king. The refs gave us a good 10 and it enabled DCE to do quite a few attacking raids which were beautiful to watch, just like the old days.

If we cut mistakes in half we win this and compete in many.

And credit to Marty Taupau, he played really smart tonight and gave his team every chance.

Still a loss so no pats on the back, it's still a loss.

Last edited:
Plenty to like about today. Plenty of errors, but it was an extremely physical game of footy so you expect a few extra

Were a few crucial moments, Walker being called back for a knock on when he was in the clear, they score off a forward pass then we get called for one that goes back, that phenomenal tackle from Radley

There were poor calls both ways, shame that Perenara needs to be the showpiece because 2 sides were into it today

Taupau was amazing, huge effort from him today

DCE to Thompson looked clunky today but some promising signs there

That kick at the start of the game wasn't as important as some may think, if that was kicked it would have changed every other penalty decision in the game

You're spot on

Of course it is poor coaching, just before kickoff I've got no doubt that Barrett walked up to Tom and said "mate, when the game gets tight today, make sure you make some basic errors"
That old smart chestnut doesn't cut it quite frankly. Obviously no coach wants players to stuff up. So coach them and give them the skill sets that are required to play 1st grade football. But I'm glad u enjoyed today's game.

Absolutely spot on analysis Kiwi.
Gee I wish we had Radley in our team. He proved that it was the size of the heart in the man that counts.

Plenty of effort there today. Said at half time only errors would beat us. Right on cue.

Thought Jake Marty AFB Thommo were great Lane promising in attack and improves each week.Attack disjointed but Walker better than Croker. DCE did some great things but his clutch plays are just awful. Moses solid. Good debut.Tommy’s confidence is shot. Very good player but never seen a bloke who dwells on his errors so badly. Body language is just terrible. Not sure what is happening with his coaching re positional play but in that regard he has no idea.

If anyone can give me a single reason Tom Wright does not take Matt s place have their eyes painted on. Seriously what is there to lose.

Entertaining but so frustrating.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10