Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 9, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Yeah. Twenty instructed Tom Turbo to drop balls, pass balls forward, be out of position defensively. . .
Give yourself an uppercut. This loss was not the result of poor coaching, it's just 3-4 of our players are not up to standard.
Exactly. Most of the team played well. Wright and Tommy had shockers

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Do we actually have a coach??? Because our team has absolutely no idea wtf they're doing. I am bewildered.

There's beating a dead horse and then there is your comment.

Have you seen what our club has endured so far this season?

We just went toe to toe with the league's biggest cap cheats and just about snagged a win.

Give kudos where it's earned. If our coach was **** we don't even have a chance today.

Last edited:

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
The guys just look tired as well. I’m sure training and playing and then having all that negativity clouding everything you do is tiresome. They need the rep break to refresh.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
As much as the refereeing didn't do us any favours, we lost another game we should have won purely and simply on the back of our own mistakes. The forwards were great - ran hard and tackled hard all game. Jake and Marty were outstanding. And we looked a lot better without Croker on the field. Happy for Jake to be doing the ball playing and Dylan the running - they split the role very well. Still not happy with DCE's last-tackle options but he ran well and tried hard.
But Tommy's dropped balls killed us. Honestly, I thought Barrett should have hooked him just to drive home the point that he's not performing anywhere near the standard of a first-grade fullback. He needs a reality check, or maybe a week or two to get his ankle right.
And why did we stop taking the gift two points when we were behind by six and eight? One or two of those and we would have at least taken the game to golden point.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Ladbrokes pay out if your team scores the first 2 tries, luckily every inown just increased by 3.75

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Pretty proud of our team today. Those players have let us, and more importantly themselves down in recent weeks. Something must have changed during the week. When you can see the boys trying. Hurting when they make a mistake. Having some passion. How could you not be screaming and cheering on our boys today.

Agree mate, lots of mistakes , but gee they tried hard didn’t they!!

Bird of Prey

Reserve Grader
Situation doesn’t allow it but Tom needs a rest , sad to see his body language today. The team tried hard you couldn’t bag that effort but things just aren’t going our way and less said about the officials the better. Keep going lads we will get there , Manly forever.

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar
Sack the whole coaching staff, terrible team selection and bench rotation. Why have 4 on the bench if you don't use them. Barrett is beyond a joke he is a dead set f@#$wit! !! Blood the youth now. Suli was great, why not give Funa and wright a go? Why have Frank on the bench? Dead set what does he have to offer? Why start with both Addin and Marty? Our left edge attack is not existent. Give Tom a spell in reggies and bring back Hastings. Give yourself an upper cut pretty boy. Our only hope is if someone loosens your wheel nuts.

TimmyQ

Bencher
Whats that - like our fourth or fifth loss on the trot and now half of u are talking like TB... 'Tried hard, gutsy effort .' We are not the Titans ffs we are Manly. We won the penalties 12-7 ffs. Had heaps of good field possession and couldn't ice it. Our completion rate was atrocious as was our composure. Those of u that think that was a satisfying performance clearly don't remember what an outstanding team we used to be. They might have tried hard , but they failed against a star studded team of duds that played with few clues themselves.

The Who

Journey Man
Is it the way turbos been coached??? Cause he is goin downhill fast. What happened to his amazing attack....
Again, a negative coach call. Give it a rest. To blame the coach for schoolboy errors is childish. Why not give Twenty some credit for galvanising the team into a competitive one, especially given that we have several reserve graders having to be selected because of injuries.

grassy

Bencher
We dug in deep but our ball control was the worse I have seen from us. The roosters did not play that well either. We really have to go back to footy school and learn either how to catch a ball or at least hold on to one. Such simple errors and that’s why I say we will be fighting to stay away from the bottom 4 this year.God help us when we play a side that is on their game.I am trying to stay positive but can only see wounded feet.We have certainly done our share of shooting ourselves in the foot.Thats been the only thing we have been consistent with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14