Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 9, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Absolutely spot on analysis Kiwi.
Gee I wish we had Radley in our team. He proved that it was the size of the heart in the man that counts.
Boo to Radley. Yes, he made a great tackle on Walker close to the line. But as soon as Mitchell (I think) came from nowhere to flop in on the tackle and hold him down, it should have been another penalty to Manly. Perenara seemed to forget that with all the backslapping from the Roosters going on…

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned

Jerry1

First Grader
I'm happy with that performance, forwards went forward , backs were short just one more cog, and we would have had a good machine running, couple of ref decisions and 50/50 s but all in all a good game , finally I'm not gutted after a game..

btw, credit to Taupau, I have been critical of him of late but a good game today..
It's sad when we come to accept mediocre.

smithy

Reserve Grader
Lanes 1 on 1 miss on JWH was very ordinary. Way too many dropped balls and mistakes. Was a poor quality game by both teams. Can’t believe with professional athletes who train full time there are so many forward passes for both sides

Tomay

Bencher
Goal line defence is still also an issue. It’s probably somewhat a attributable to our injuries in the backline and second row which makes it hard to cohesively defend as a unit, but still we need to do better. We were lucky the chooks didn’t throw much at us.

Clay

Bencher
Today is the very first time in 22 years of supporting Manly that I wasnt angry/upset/disappointed we lost, there was just a sense of calm. It wss the first time I have ever tipped against Manly. I didn't yell at the ref for dodgey calls, or at the same culprits when a ball was dropped. I didn't care TB use of interchange was questionable.

I was just happy we didn't get flogged and it was a close game. I actually feel really contempt with this.

The team has hit Rock bottom in my opinion so the only way is up.

Here's to hoping we don't get flogged next week

Sue

Bencher
Lanes 1 on 1 miss on JWH was very ordinary. Way too many dropped balls and mistakes. Was a poor quality game by both teams. Can’t believe with professional athletes who train full time there are so many forward passes for both sides
Yep. Efffort was better but the standard of the game overall was ordinary in comparison to a lot of the other clashes involving the top sides.. Neither team will frighten anyone.

It’s funny though. Some of these lower standard tight games with errors and ordinary defence can be entertaining simply due to them being unpredictable.I found it entertaining despite the result. We are at least 4 quality players short of the top sides.

In terms of the basics, nothing has changed. Too many dropped balls, stupid play the balls and back chatting. We made the Roosters look better than they are. That aside, at least this week we put up a little struggle before bending over.

Mitch

Bencher

I thought the same re: Lane. Looks like he did cop the usual LWH elbow to the head in the lead up.

AA706DE3-2B44-4335-8798-DAAD7A43F4A5.jpeg

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar
Again, a negative coach call. Give it a rest. To blame the coach for schoolboy errors is childish. Why not give Twenty some credit for galvanising the team into a competitive one, especially given that we have several reserve graders having to be selected because of injuries.

Because he is an L pated tosser thats why. Not blooding youth ( Funa & wright ).Having Frank on the bench when he could include Sipley. Look how good Paseka and Suli was. Our year is over time to blood some youth, sign them up to smaller contracts now for the sake of the salary cap. Have the foresight to drop Brown and Mat Wright. Mix up the front row rotatation.Time to bring back Hastings and to justify it all how good do we look without Croker? Barrett is a flog and his end can't come quick enough !!

double hoops

First Grader
The team looked more balanced today. Walker didn't play 5/8 in attack only in defence. Tom played 5/8 in attack. Moving forward I think it's a good move. He didn't cope with it all today. But he is on as much as DCE and needs to earn his pay packet. But I do think Tom at 6 in attack probably is the way to go. I'd still making inquiries about Carney if I was Trent. But we can build off today.

marga

Reserve Grader
Thought we played with much more heart today, just too many silly mistakes. There were some odd calls against us but that's no excuse. Anyway I'm off to Brisbane to watch them next week and hoping for a win.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
From our past 5 loses the positive thing to come out of todays games was we played with a fighting spirit . We hung in their until the end . We also hung our selves with poor options , poor play and poor team selections . Today we played with guts but guts alone wont get you there unless you have an affective spine . Today our fullback was again not anywhere near his elite expectations and our world class centre is not an organizer he is a road runner and teams Know this which makes our attack predicable . Dylan the dynamic road runner looked like an extra centre out there today .
free-vector-roadrunner_053395_roadrunner.png

malroon

Reserve Grader
In terms of the basics, nothing has changed. Too many dropped balls, stupid play the balls and back chatting. We made the Roosters look better than they are. That aside, at least this week we put up a little struggle before bending over.

Bit of perspective, Rorters are on the 3rd line of betting $7.50 to win GF, we are $101 , we done good..!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18