Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 9, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The team looked more balanced today. Walker didn't play 5/8 in attack only in defence. Tom played 5/8 in attack. Moving forward I think it's a good move. He didn't cope with it all today. But he is on as much as DCE and needs to earn his pay packet. But I do think Tom at 6 in attack probably is the way to go. I'd still making inquiries about Carney if I was Trent. But we can build off today.
I agree with you mate . Turbo would make an affective temporary 5/8 and give our team more options and make us look less predictable . He is a handful every time he has his hands on the ball when he doesn't drop it .

Whats that - like our fourth or fifth loss on the trot and now half of u are talking like TB... 'Tried hard, gutsy effort .' We are not the Titans ffs we are Manly. We won the penalties 12-7 ffs. Had heaps of good field possession and couldn't ice it. Our completion rate was atrocious as was our composure. Those of u that think that was a satisfying performance clearly don't remember what an outstanding team we used to be. They might have tried hard , but they failed against a star studded team of duds that played with few clues themselves.

Yep mediocrity and poor coaching and conditioning is the acceptable new norm around here . Jeez thanks a million Barret ang co.

Bit of perspective, Rorters are on the 3rd line of betting $7.50 to win GF, we are $101 , we done good..!!!
Done good when we lose is a North Sydney mentality
Losing didn't make us Great only winning did
If we start to feel good about losing we will start to accept defeat with content and that is not a winning attitude

Missed the whole game due to work. Just reading all the comments and sounds like we had a dig today! And Taupau made 265mtrs! That’s a big fuc$ing game.

Maybe there’s hope yet..

Missed the whole game due to work. Just reading all the comments and sounds like we had a dig today! And Taupau made 265mtrs! That’s a big fuc$ing game.

Maybe there’s hope yet..

It was arguably our best game since the win over Canberra. The main things that killed us, BS ref calls aside which literally cost us two legit tries.....what hurt us the most was dropped balls. WAY too many. The Chooks scored from the first two and even Tommy had a shocker dropping two kicks cold in the 2nd half (yet Uate managed to catch all of his, go figure.....)

Yep mediocrity and poor coaching and conditioning is the acceptable new norm around here . Jeez thanks a million Barret ang co.
Cartwright was most satisfied with the effort no doubt.. and the $2400 that went into his bank ac last week as always

Maybe there’s hope yet..
There is hope as we do have quality players available to be competitive
The key is to get cohesion in the team with the right team selections

Done good when we lose is a North Sydney mentality
Losing didn't make us Great only winning did
If we start to feel good about losing we will start to accept defeat with content and that is not a winning attitude

NO..!!! done good is when you have competed against a side that is SUPPOSE to beat you , and you go down by 2 points..!!

It was arguably our best game since the win over Canberra. The main things that killed us, BS ref calls aside which literally cost us two legit tries.....what hurt us the most was dropped balls. WAY too many. The Chooks scored from the first two and even Tommy had a shocker dropping two kicks cold in the 2nd half (yet Uate managed to catch all of his, go figure.....)
Cheers @HoldenV8 , shame we couldn’t pull off a upset win..

We were the better team. it was 3 tries all, difference being that stupid run off the ball penalty by Mathew wright. Plus we lost out on a few 50-50 calls. Mistakes by Tom, Matt Wright and Frank were critical, but still dominated them for most of the second half, just a break down near the line a few times when we had them.

We are all pissed off because we lost . Manly stands for being great. Manly does not stand for losing . The players would have been pissed off because they put in a big effort today and they didn't get rewarded with a win .
Unfortunately effort without the right execution does not bring results . Over to you coaching and selections staff

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8