Manly v Panthers [Round 16 , 2018] - Pre-Game Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Loving the collective losing of sh*t about the NAMED team.
For the sake of all of your blood pressures, I'd wait to see what the actual 17 is come 2pm on Saturday.
If it stays the same, by all means, have at it. I will join in.
Until then, its all hand wringing at theoretical stuff.

But who kicks ?
It's a moot point you raise ...summary of Chez kicking stats.
Chez 15 games 2 attempts per game 2 forced drop outs =success rate 6%
Goal kicking success rate 76.92%
Field goals. = zero from 3 attempts ?
Chez 40/20s attempts have been non existent
Kicks in general play have been misdirected and lacking in length.
Given away 7 tackle repeat sets

considering these stats :
Walkz and TomW would do just fine besides Chez might have more success kicking from dummy half.

It's a moot point you raise ...summary of Chez kicking stats.
Chez 15 games 2 attempts per game 2 forced drop outs =success rate 6%
Goal kicking success rate 76.92%
Field goals. = zero from 3 attempts ?
Chez 40/20s attempts have been non existent
Kicks in general play have been misdirected and lacking in length.
Given away 7 tackle repeat sets

considering these stats :
Walkz and TomW would do just fine besides Chez might have more success kicking from dummy half.
I think you will find he has kicked 2 x 40/20's (ranked 1st in 2018), 8 x forced drop outs (ranked 11th in 2018) and 147 kicks in general play (ranked 6th in 2018).

You know your season is cooked once they start mentioning "mathematical possibility" of making the 8. Pretty sad when that is happening with 10 rounds to go. Maybe we should change Frank's name to Wintironstine and see if he can conjure up same amazing theory of relativity that propels us at the speed of light to the top of the table.

I think you will find he has kicked 2 x 40/20's (ranked 1st in 2018), 8 x forced drop outs (ranked 11th in 2018) and 147 kicks in general play (ranked 6th in 2018).
You forgot one
Lollipop end over end bombs that get the opposition on the front foot to begin a new set 123 ranked first by LONG way.

7 forced drop outs
40/20 ??

APPEARANCES
SCORING
TRIES
GOALS
KICKING
FORCED DROP OUTS
AVERAGE KICKING METRES
GOAL CONVERSION RATE
Goal Conversion Rate76.9%

ATTACK
TRY ASSISTS
LINE BREAK ASSISTS

Looks like Marty is (finally) headed home:
@MartyKapow 32 minutes ago
"Well this has definitely been an experience to forget, but i am excited to say that im finally coming home after a treacherous adventure. I must say what has made this adventure comforting is the professionalism from @NZRL_Kiwis staff and my fiancé back home @BaillieMichelle"

That seat looks way to small for someone of his stature so I imagine he will be spending most of tomorrow recovering but hopefully he pulls up okay to make it through the captain's run.

Last edited:
Looks like Marty is (finally) headed home:
@MartyKapow 32 minutes ago
"Well this has definitely been an experience to forget, but i am excited to say that im finally coming home after a treacherous adventure. I must say what has made this adventure comforting is the professionalism from @NZRL_Kiwis staff and my fiancé back home @BaillieMichelle"

That seat looks way to small for someone of his stature so I imagine he will be spending most of tomorrow recovering but hopefully he pulls up okay to make it through the captain's run.
Welcome home Marty !!!

Seems like the team is the strongest we could have named under the circumstances. Won't beat Penrith though.
Penrith have been playing some very good consistent footy . They are up on the top of the tree and will be hard to beat but we have to go in hard with the right game plan , the right team selection and in the right frame of mind that every team is beatable .
Every team is beatable
Every team is beatable
Every team is beatable
Every team is beatable
Every team is beatable

Penrith have been playing some very good consistent footy . They are up on the top of the tree and will be hard to beat but we have to go in hard with the right game plan , the right team selection and in the right frame of mind that every team is beatable .
Every team is beatable
Every team is beatable
Every team is beatable
Every team is beatable
Every team is beatable
Hahaha you said a game plan.
I haven't seen one in 2 and half seasons

Panthers 13+

Then ball sack Barrett will say...”am arrrr yeah mate.... um.... injuries.... it’s not ideal.... um yeah arrrr I can’t fault the effort.... um yeah mate arrrr salary cap..... um injuries.... arrrrrr um...”

Sack this goose!!!!

YART time.....this is the team I would have gone with this weekend.

Tom Trbojevic
Jorge Taufua
Dylan Walker
Brian Kelly
Moses Suli
Trent Hodkinson
Daly Cherry-Evans
Addin Fonua-Blake
Manase Fainu
Martin Taupau
Joel Thompson
Shaun Lane
Jake Trbojevic

Tom Wright
Frank Winterstein
Taniela Paseka
Kelepi Tanginoa

Marty seems pretty keen to play:

Landed safe and sound, and rolled straight into afew treatments getting the body and mind right before Our big clash against @PenrithPanthers
1f64c-1f3fd.png
263a.png

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10