Manly v Panthers [Round 16 , 2018] - Pre-Game Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
just starting up this thread for any talk on our game coming up on Saturday
If we are not careful can see this game blowing out ..panthers by 30 if they are switched on

Normally I rarely ever put money on Manly to win, I usually back against them, and if they win I'm still happy, however this week at $4, I will put my money on them, when they're outsiders like this, they usually surprise, expecting some Penrith players to be a bit flat.

I expect Jono Wright to take Uate’s wing spot & a hooking combo of Matt Wright & Tom Wright. We will have all 3 Wright brothers in the 17 this week :clap:

It's hard to believe how thoroughly we pounded the Panthers at Brookie less than a year ago. Now they are on track for a serious tilt at the premiership and we are just on tilt.
However this also shows how quickly things can turn.
And surely we are overdue for a couple of lucky breaks, maybe that's what we need to stop our downward momentum.

Turbo
Tafua
Suli
Kelly
MWright
Walkz
TomW
FNB
Chez
Taupau
Thommo
Frankenstein
Jurbo

Hodko
Paseka
Tanginoa
Sipley
It won't happen !!...but..should happen !!

Now that A P I has been officially ruled out for the season , might or should be a better case for Fainu to receive an exemption. Lane and Parker would still be expected to be in the squad somewhere and with Walker apparently returning , no reason why he can not be considered in a 5 / 8 role again and with Tom right as others have also alluded to ., with a six or centre gig as well . The rest of the season will be a character test for the side , admittedly have had a lot of things working against them for a good portion of the season but can still have some general credibility restored with some better and more consistent performances in their remaining games .

Now that A P I has been officially ruled out for the season , might or should be a better case for Fainu to receive an exemption. Lane and Parker would still be expected to be in the squad somewhere and with Walker apparently returning , no reason why he can not be considered in a 5 / 8 role again and with Tom right as others have also alluded to ., with a six or centre gig as well . The rest of the season will be a character test for the side , admittedly have had a lot of things working against them for a good portion of the season but can still have some general credibility restored with some better and more consistent performances in their remaining games .
Well said mate . Our season is gone and the remaining games are a character test and pride in the jumper . If we can display those qualities we will avoid the spoon
wooden-spoon-big-eyes-smile-white-background-54684663.jpg

Just read that the test players in Denver are having trouble getting out .... may get back late ... ????

Any Penrith players involved?

No nice memories of late with this game.

Last year the Perinara penalty shutout crook-fest, and in 2016 the Blake Leary showcase game where he got the ball on every second play which was more than his entire career at the Eagles. I think we lost that like 30-0. Nailed it Blake lol

But I think Penrith are vulnerable for this one, and even our lost and bleak mob must be sick of sitting around stewing in misery so they might try playing a little footy.

Penrith 32-26 with Manly 18-12 up at halftime.

NYEagle

We have officially entered the trials for 2019.

Start with a cleanout of as much of our current junk squad as possible, and carousel as much new blood as possible through the firsts to see where there is a smidgen of talent.

But of course, with the stupid NRL non-development rule we won't be able to do much. :banghead:

It is amazing just how stupid and incompetent the NRL is. Just astounding. @:mad:

F&@%k them.

NYEagle :banghead:

Well the dynamics of our team will change dramatically with walker back. We can easily win this one if we adopt the right game plan. We need to pile on the points, probably 28+ needed for this victory so we obviously cannot play conservative football. All our kick need to be attacking kicks, and our defence needs to be attacking defence as one whole unit. No penalty kicks for goal unless we are up by 12 or 16-18 pts.

Sounds like Kikau is most probably back this week for them, and maybe Blake. Cleary, Maloney and Peach on a high from SOO - could get ugly. Hopefully the Turbos will bring some of that Origin energy with them too.

Turbo
Horhay
Suli / Parker
Kelly
TGWH
Walker
DCE
AFB
M Wright
Kapow
Thommo
Frankenstein
Jurbo

Hodko
Shady
Tangles / Sipley
Wigwam

I expect Jono Wright to take Uate’s wing spot & a hooking combo of Matt Wright & Tom Wright. We will have all 3 Wright brothers in the 17 this week :clap:
Two Wrights don't make a wrong, however one Wright can make any wrong Wright & that Wright is Tom.......at least that's one Wright we can never say is wrong!

Whos shady tangles and wigham and tgwh?

In reality we are gonna get touched up our only chance would be

Tom
Jorge
Walker
Kelly
Parker or suli whoever can catch
Tom wright
Dudkinson
Marty
Dce
Sipley
Thommo
Lane
Jake

Matt wright
Winterstein
AFB (for impact)
Paseka or whatever his name is

It wont happen but thats the team we need to put out there to win anymore ganes this year and avoid the spoon although lucky for us the dogs have it wrapped up... hopefully

Trent barrett will continue with matt wright at hooker and hodkinson at 9 because he has no clue until hastings is gone
I'd go:-
Tom T
J Taufua
D Walker
B Kelly
M Suli
T Hodkinson
DCE
M Taupau
M Wright
T Paseka
J Thompson
S Lane
Jake T

Res: AFB, T Wright, T Sipley, K Tanginoa (if ready) otherwise F Winterstein

Got a feeling we will be on the end of another slaughter at Riff Park.
As well getting smashed by the roosters 2 weeks ago the panthers did,this is the worst week to be playing them.
I can easily see this being a 30-40 point loss if we are not careful.
Could be more if we bad really badly and Penrith are switched on.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10