Manly v Panthers [Round 16 , 2018] - Pre-Game Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dear Trent Dickhead Barrett,

Tom Wright is OLDER than Nathan Cleary. What are you waiting for?

Yours (couldn't be more) sincerely,
BE

Last edited:
What is it with Barrett that he cant get out of the fixation 'safe and slow'. Matt Wright and Hodko on the bench. I mean the logic just escapes me. I think Barrett wants to be sacked so he can walk away with the contract money owed without having to work for it.

Look, this is completely unacceptable to have both Hodkinson and M Wright on the bench. One or the other not botch. Hodkinson cant kick or tackle very good anymore, so he should be left out of the 17. Only one back should be on the bench and he picks the wrong Wright. It should be Tom Wright on bench as X Factor. Hoping that Lane still gives his all, otherwise put him on the Blacktown bench for the rest of the year. Our defence should improve out wide now Uate is finished. Manly by 11.

Goal kicker? DCE, Walker, Kelly, Jake?

WTF is this team!!!!!!!!!

two slow pensioner backs on the bench against the fastest team in the NRL - The Panthers!!

Tom Wright gets dropped!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Parker , Suli, Hodko and Matt Wright are picked ahead of Tom Wright WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Wright is Manly's fastest player and can handle the speed from the Panthers.

Panthers by 35 - 45 points. will be way too fast.

I am not watching the match. Barrett can get FUKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rant over - @:mad:

Marty should just go to Vegas and have some fun. fuk Barrett

Any chance that Hugh Jackman could fly him over on his private jet?

Or are their any boats deperting the US for Australia in the next 24 hours no jet lags that way. As long as we get him back by Fri night or Sat morning at the latest

Last edited:
This ! And who kicks the ball? DCE from dummy half.!! This well crafted outfit has only had one kicker remember. At least Fainu has a kicking game. Tom Wright might kick a bit but god knows does he need that pressure while a bloke on a million bucks plays dummy half.

Wright should be 5/8 while one of the best centres going around should be playing in his normal position.

Agree with this post

[QUOTE="Sue, post: 1045234, member: 27776". At least Fainu has a kicking game.
.[/QUOTE]

Good call Sue, this is vital! I am stoked to have a hooker with a kicking game. I hope Mr Stifle allows him to use it.

Just reading all the posts on this Sacred Silvertails forum of ours and it is clear that Trent has not only lost the dressing room but he has also lost the Silvertails forum as well .
Trent was a coach with potential but potential does not always come to fruition as we have all seen many times from young players and coaches .
Trent is just like the "P" plater who has been given a Ferrari and drives it like a "P" plater .
The moral of this story is that NRL coaching appears to be out of Trent's depth
2.jpg

Looks like it was choice between Parker and Tom Wright in the back line and think that a more worth while option would have been Suli to the wing and Tom in the run on side and again maybe alternating with Walker . Parker as a bench utility with Matty Wright. and Hodko 18 th man . Suli did have a strong input in the centres before he came off against the Dragons so will be still interesting to see how he goes there as a centre this week .

Manly Daily 2018-6-27

‘We’ll give it a crack’
Sea Eagles players on mission for remainder of the season

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

THEY will need a minor miracle to make the play-offs after a turbulent season but defiant Sea Eagles players have vowed not to die wondering and are determined to make an impact over the remaining nine rounds of the premiership.

“We want to finish the back half of the season really, really well,” declared backrower Frank Winterstein.

“It’s a big long shot to make the eight but we really want to give it a crack.

“Mathematically, we’ve still got a chance and we’ve got to keep believing.

“The effort has been there the last couple of games but we just haven’t been clinical enough to get the win.”

Winterstein indicated the team had been tinkering with a few things in attack and defence ahead of Saturday’s game against Penrith at Panthers Stadium.

“And I’m sure you’ll see the benefits of it this week,” he said

Three-quarter Brad Parker reiterated the feeling among the playing group.

“We are not going to give up now,” Parker said.

“We’ve still got a good side and we are eager to keep the competitive nature going.

“I don’t know what our chances are to make the finals but that’s not what we are going to think about at the moment.

“We are thinking week by week, playing every game to our fullest potential and winning every game.”

In another blow, winger Akuila Uate has played his final game for the club after suffering a season-ending syndesmosis injury playing for Fiji against PNG.

He joins UK Super League club Huddersfield next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8