Manly v Panthers [Round 16 , 2018] - Pre-Game Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
If we get within 30 points tomorrow of the panthers we will be doing well.
Sad this type of talk is from the northern eagles days..we are not far off those days the way we are going.

If Parra win this our first spoon starts getting momentum.

Parramatta will win a few games leading into the back end of the year, the Bulldogs are the one's we should be hoping continue to struggle, especially given Woods, Mybe are now both gone and Foran and one of their better forward Fatala-Mariner are both gone for the season. They are more chance of the spoon then Parra I think.

Parramatta will win a few games leading into the back end of the year, the Bulldogs are the one's we should be hoping continue to struggle, especially given Woods, Mybe are now both gone and Foran and one of their better forward Fatala-Mariner are both gone for the season. They are more chance of the spoon then Parra I think.

Jeez I hope so, that would be the killer punch for us on many fronts!!

Catching up on this thread now I’m home and with Internet ( it’s been a tough 3 weeks in the wilderness) and FMD it’s depressing reading this.

I’m thinking maybe I should return to the Bush where it’s less stressful!
YOu are not going anywhere this time feathered friend . You have had your break . You are going to stick around like the rest of us and face the music like a man

If we get within 30 points tomorrow of the panthers we will be doing well.
Sad this type of talk is from the northern eagles days..we are not far off those days the way we are going.

You only ever predict a loss by 30 or 40. Can't we have some optimism and a prediction of a 10 or 20 point loss?!

You only ever predict a loss by 30 or 40. Can't we have some optimism and a prediction of a 10 or 20 point loss?!
The games I have been at live this year don't feel me with confidence at all..i like most on here want us to fight our way out of this I just don't see it with this group of players..If JM does not play it could be closer.

Jorge Taufua is out, replaced on the wing by Matt Wright, while Shaun Lane has been promoted to the starting line-up at the expense of Frank Winterstein. Dylan Walker returns at five-eighth with Trent Hodkinson benched. Brad Parker replaces Akuila Uate (ankle, season) on the wing. Manase Fainu has again been named at hooker with Matt Wright also benched as Manly attempt to get clearance for Fainu to play. Lloyd Perrett and Kelepi Tanginoa were dropped from the reserves 24 hours out from kick-off.

Jorge Taufua is out, replaced on the wing by Matt Wright, while Shaun Lane has been promoted to the starting line-up at the expense of Frank Winterstein. Dylan Walker returns at five-eighth with Trent Hodkinson benched. Brad Parker replaces Akuila Uate (ankle, season) on the wing. Manase Fainu has again been named at hooker with Matt Wright also benched as Manly attempt to get clearance for Fainu to play. Lloyd Perrett and Kelepi Tanginoa were dropped from the reserves 24 hours out from kick-off.

League Unlimited are reporting Tanginoa is on the bench with Taufua and Perrett dropping out of the 21 man squad.

It won’t be by 40, the refs see to that these days, but 30 is possible.

For me , 28-8, there you go 20 points!!

No Horhay and no Aku. So we are looking at Mright and Parker to do the hard yards out of our own end ?? that's not an inspiring thought. Suli might have to man up big time on that front.

Well I suspect that means a 3 forward 1 utility bench, so I guess TGWH misses out to Hodko. Unless he plans on bringing Mright off the wing to spell Fainu and using TGWH to replace him - unlikley though you would suspect, seems a bit left field

Looking forward to having Tangles back though, just not sure whether he has enough miles on the engine since the injury, could be short of match fitness. And with Marty likely to have reduced minutes then maybe Sipley is the safer option with Wigwam and Frankenstein .

BEWARE OF THE UNDERDOG !!!
I have read all the posts and The good news is we are the underdogs and its more fun being the underdogs competing against the comp leaders .The pressure is on the Pussy Panthers .
I can see an underdog Rocky movie setting coming on at Lottoland where the mighty Sea eagles do the Eagle Rock and upset the top of the table Pussy Panthers .
The Sea eagles are set to Rise !!!

Rocky-Balboa-Picture-Quotes.jpg

Updated Squad (24hrs before kick off):

1. Tom Trbojevic
15. Matthew Wright
3. Moses Suli
4. Brian Kelly
5. Brad Parker
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans ©
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Manase Fainu
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
16. Shaun Lane
13. Jake Trbojevic

12. Frank Winterstein
14. Trent Hodkinson
17. Taniella Paseka
21. Kelepi Tanginoa

18. Thomas Wright
22. Toafofoa Sipley

Players that were omitted today from the squad:

2. Jorge Taufua
19. Jonathan Wright
23. Tevita Funa
25. Lloyd Perrett

Winger Jorge Taufua has been replaced in the starting line-up by Matt Wright, while Shaun Lane has been elevated to the starting team, with Frank Winterstein dropping to the bench. Martin Taupau finally arrived back in Australia on Thursday morning after flight delays following the Denver Test.

Clearance granted for Fainu. Contract upgrade announced by the club.

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/06/29/plenty-of-faith-in-fainu/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12