Manly v Panthers [Round 16 , 2018] - Pre-Game Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[QUOTE="NYEagle, post: 1045170, member: 696"

By the way, who is Jonathan Wright?. I honestly do not remember anything he has done.

NYEagle[/QUOTE]

The enigma that is Jono Wright - via Knights, Eels, Dogs, Sharks, Warriors...and Blacktown (as a 2nd rower)
He was on the ill fated Gladstone trip ( maybe as a chaperone or ball boy?) and probably put something in Parker's Weet Bix to make him sick so he could get a game and bugger me if he didn't score in the corner with his first touch of the ball in first grade for two years or so
So he does have a tryscoring strike rate this season of 100 but....look up the word "journeyman" and along with plenty of others there may be a picture of him.

Yeah, not gonna watch tbh. We all know the result. Let's be honest. Two more losses from this week, that's the club's worst ever losing streak record smashed.

I'm gob smacked everyone is thinking Fianu is the answer ?
IMO Dce would have been a better selection (fill in) he can still have limited control and still kick.
But giving him a rest from the play maker role will rejuvenate him and freshen the team
Especially with Walkz and TW running the show

Yeah, not gonna watch tbh. We all know the result. Let's be honest. Two more losses from this week, that's the club's worst ever losing streak record smashed.
I thought at the start of the year it was going to be a good one. Well 6 months in and it has been total sht. Can't remember a worse season in my 45 yrs of supporting them.

I thought at the start of the year it was going to be a good one. Well 6 months in and it has been total sht. Can't remember a worse season in my 45 yrs of supporting them.
Hear hear mate. Worst part? They don't give a ****. Watching them all cracking up (including Captain Underpants) after being flogged by the Dragons to me was an insult to my Membership

Ridiculous team but who knows sanity might prevail and a different team lines up. Won’t matter result wise. Their big edge backrowers ( especially if Kikau back)will destroy us close to the line and backs will be way too quick. Only interest lies in watching Fainu have a crack and if the resident fool changes his mind, Tom Wright going around again. Panthers by 20.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this bloke wants to be sacked and paid out as his media buddies have kept his career above water despite his results and some club may be a sucker and take him.All that moaning about not having a recruitment manGer was just setting the scene .That kicking strategy the last few weeks reeks of someone who just doesn’t care about winning.Tjought we may be stuck with him but good chance he goes thank god.

And anyone who thinks Tapau and a couple of the others are happy is kidding. The **** storm is about to get a whole lot bigger.as the losses mount.DCE ain’t the issue. He’s out of form but not unpopular. The coach is the issue and a couple of pesky tpas.

Last edited:
Hear hear mate. Worst part? They don't give a ****. Watching them all cracking up (including Captain Underpants) after being flogged by the Dragons to me was an insult to my Membership
Yep more disappointing than anything. A new generation who only feel the highs and lows of the $$$ in their contracts not the colours or emblem they play for. I suppose I come from a different era and don't understand.

I'm gob smacked everyone is thinking Fianu is the answer ?
IMO Dce would have been a better selection (fill in) he can still have limited control and still kick.
But giving him a rest from the play maker role will rejuvenate him and freshen the team
Especially with Walkz and TW running the show

Why not Fainu? Along with T Wright he's the best up and comer from the 20s.
Whats there to lose at this stage?
Why fill in with DCE, hes a halfback..

This ! And who kicks the ball? DCE from dummy half.!! This well crafted outfit has only had one kicker remember. At least Fainu has a kicking game. Tom Wright might kick a bit but god knows does he need that pressure while a bloke on a million bucks plays dummy half.

Wright should be 5/8 while one of the best centres going around should be playing in his normal position.

Last edited:
That he is but at the moment he is mentally stuck in a hole, the pressure of having to deliver more then what he is giving as chief playmaker is impacting the team in a negative way .(losing like we have been would play with your head)
So if Baz won't rest him completely shift him into hooker.
He will be so busy he won't have time to think.
Let the young guns steer the ship (Walkz nTomW)

That he is but at the moment he is mentally stuck in a hole, the pressure of having to deliver more then what he is giving as chief playmaker is impacting the team in a negative way .(losing like we have been would play with your head)
So if Baz won't rest him completely shift him into hooker.
He will be so busy he won't have time to think.
Let the young guns steer the ship (Walkz nTomW)
But who kicks ?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8