Manase D Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People can bleat "but sponsors" all they like....the NRL and its sponsors are not judge, jury and executioner for young men's lives and mental health.
Perhaps but they do run a competition where they have a say in who plays and who doesn't.

I'm not a fan of the way they operate to be sure but if I were running a company and one of my subcontractors was charged with stabbing someone I would look the stand them down ASAP pending the court case. Legally if I was allowed to do so I would.

As far as your point on the poor young man's mental health.....

Do you mean the guy that had the NRL World at his feet and a long career ahead but threw it all away?

The young man was (supposedly) part of a western Sydney gang.

The young man who CHOSE to drive his shady mates to a church dance to collect money from another individual? It wasn't 10 am on a Monday heading down to the office to discuss a debt. It was a muscle collection which are probably illegal by any measure of the law.

The young man that hid his identity with a white towel because he had a headache.

The young man that effectively said **** you to every manly fan and the club when he risked further injury on a shoulder he should have been resting.

The young man who if he didn't do it seems happy to protect the alleged stabber's identity.

Yeah, I feel really sorry for the kid. It's all a setup....

FMD take some responsibility for one's actions and man up.

Yeah, I feel really sorry for the kid. It's all a setup....

FMD take some responsibility for one's actions and man up.
I agree that we are all accountable for our own actions

but I do not agree that we should be responsible for a crime that the law has not charged us with

This young man that you say was (supposedly) part of a western Sydney gang has no history of any violent crimes . Crimes that gangs supposedly do

Every person deserves a Full and Fair hearing before he is condemned and so does Fainu

I agree that we are all accountable for our own actions

but I do not agree that we should be responsible for a crime that the law has not charged us with

This young man that you say was (supposedly) part of a western Sydney gang has no history of any violent crimes . Crimes that gangs supposedly do

Every person deserves a Full and Fair hearing before he is condemned and so does Fainu
Agreed @BOZO... however, I am finding it very bloody hard to feel sorry for this muppet who led his rag-tag bunch back over the wall with a busted arm...
Towel over head for a headache? C'mon!!.... the bloke may not have a crim record but that may be more of a comment on success rather than effort...
Either way the bloke is obviously another quality individual that we will happily add to our squad of like-minded individuals... 'selfies' out the front of the court... FMD, what have we become?

We just need to know one way or another as our club is a prisoner of this whole mess!

I agree Sheridan.I dont really care much about whether these guys are dick heads socially (as long as its not too bad). Selfish I know but my interest is in their ability to play Rugby League. They want to be a dick head away from the game I dont care, but not on the field. Its like with actors. Tom Cruise is a perfect example. Love his action films and not a bad actor, but I wouldnt want to know him socially. Seems a bit of a loon.

I agree Sheridan.I dont really care much about whether these guys are dick heads socially (as long as its not too bad). Selfish I know but my interest is in their ability to play Rugby League. They want to be a dick head away from the game I dont care, but not on the field. Its like with actors. Tom Cruise is a perfect example. Love his action films and not a bad actor, but I wouldnt want to know him socially. Seems a bit of a loon.
I hear what you saying Bearfax and to a certain extent I agree but with the furore, our club has experienced over the past fortnight I'm growing tired of the unnecessary attention all this Gansta crap brings. Making a bad choice is one thing but being a serial dickhead is something again.

Is this the last week of the hearing? From my recollection it was meant to be 3 weeks.
2 week trial from the reports. Closing arguments by prosecution yesterday, which come after the defense has presented their witnesses. I didn't read anything about the defense closing address, so that may happen today, after which the judge with summarise each of the cases and direct the jury who will go make a decision.

Because the prosecution address was pretty late yesterday, the judge probably didn't feel like it was worth spending 20 minutes in the jury room so dismissed everyone for the day to resume today.

@SeaEagleRock8 will be able to tell you if I am correct here, if I am I would expect an outcome today

2 week trial from the reports. Closing arguments by prosecution yesterday, which come after the defense has presented their witnesses. I didn't read anything about the defense closing address, so that may happen today, after which the judge with summarise each of the cases and direct the jury who will go make a decision.

Because the prosecution address was pretty late yesterday, the judge probably didn't feel like it was worth spending 20 minutes in the jury room so dismissed everyone for the day to resume today.

@SeaEagleRock8 will be able to tell you if I am correct here, if I am I would expect an outcome today
Yep, all the evidence is in, so we won't have too long to wait now. (But juries can take a long long time deliberating, so might not be today)(or even this week?!)

Okay, thanks for the update. Poor blokes last 3 years have amounted to this moment.

Today’s SMH says trial resumes tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8