Judiciary Charges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last edited:
I get what you are saying and like what I’m seeing from Sipley but when you are a mid table team like us talent wise two wins can be the difference between 8 th and 13th at years end. I’d rather not have these little blessings with blokes of the caliber of Tommy and AFB, arguably the best two players in their positions in the world.
We must be due for a bit of luck.The peninsular is overflowing with ladders black cats and chinamen.We now have three world class players sitting on the sideline and only one of them injured. Frustrating stuff.
Careful in Red, the perpetually outraged and offended will be all over this.

Interesting fact.

Josh McGuire got no suspension and only a $3,350 fine for his eye gouge on Friday night.

Addin Fonua-Blake got two weeks for his hit on Pearce. After already being suspended once this season, AFB is labeled as a serial offender.

McGuire has had 11 previous charges in his career.

Who is the serial offender here?

Manly usually don't like fighting charges, dunno why.

We need the same gang that got slater off his blatant shoulder charge so he could play in the gf last year.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fo...won-t-open-pandora-s-box-20180926-p5063x.html

Oh, and use of the private jet to fly afb around the place.

Yeah but the private jet didn’t count against the Storm’s salary cap. Todd would want to include AFB’s cabfare to the juridciary hearing in Manly’s cap.

Interesting fact.

Josh McGuire got no suspension and only a $3,350 fine for his eye gouge on Friday night.

Addin Fonua-Blake got two weeks for his hit on Pearce. After already being suspended once this season, AFB is labeled as a serial offender.

The trick is to commit unrelated offences though :p

Regardless of the merits of this charge which personally I think was probably wrong (but it was only grade one careless , carry overs got him so they didn’t throw the book at him like some are suggesting) it is clear that discipline is the last piece in the puzzle for this kid. He is clearly the best prop going around at the moment and under Des will learn to tread the right side of the fine line. These minor issues can become major if it happens a week before finals.

He learned from his mistakes in his personal life pretty quick so I have no doubt he has the capacity to do so on the football field...and become one of the greats at Manly.

Yes Sue, Parker has upped his performance and is even making an occasional break. Certainly his defence and toughness are undisputed. It will be interesting if De Bellin wins his case against the NRL because that would leave Walker free to play against Dragons. If so I think Suli will lose his spot because Parker has been the most reliable centre we have so far this year.

Interesting fact.

On Controversy Corner last night they discussed the McGuire incident at length.
They all couldn't believe that he doesn't get referred to the judiciary, he's had something like four Contrary Conduct charges over the past two seasons.

The problem is the Match Review Commitee are ( apparently) an independent body so cannot be swayed by the NRL to change their charge or grading.

Shows how out of touch the MRC really is then doesn't it, if they don't deem eye gouging a serious enough offence to warrant referral to the judiciary.

I don't know what the answer is to AFB's - was an accident but was deemed "Serious Foul Play" by the vidiot box, gets 10 in the bin and gets a charge that carries a suspension.

McGuire deliberately sticks his fingers in an opponents face but it's only Contrary Conduct which carries a fine, yeah that'll deter him....not, because it obviously hasn't before.
I know his charges are for different things but if four Contrary Conduct charges in two seasons is does not send a red flag to the MRC, then what does?

Bear, Dylan played right side last year so Parker may keep his spot.That is the only reason. Suli has way more upside.Hes surprised me. The fact you use the term “ even made the occasional break “ sort of makes my argument. First grade centres are paid to break the line. He’s done it five times in about 40 games.

I’d love to see Walker and Garrick in the centres and Suli and the rejuvenated Jorge on the wings later in the year. Throw in Tommy at back and that’s a seriously threatening backline to feed off DCE and Elgey.

But in reality if we win I couldn’t care less if Humphrey B Bear plays centre to be honest. Just good to be competive again.

Last edited:
I certainly think Suli is a rising star and I still think Parker will end up in the forwards. But for now Parker is holding the fort out wide, and given Des dropped Suli recently, I just get the feeling Parker is No 1 centre at this time. Mind you this is hardly a great centre partnership at this time and like you I was hoping Albert Hoppa would soon come in, maybe at wing with Garrick at centre. But that has been blown out the window for this year. Unless Funa finally gets on the field and shows something or Walker is allowed to play, I suspect Parker will be there for the rest of the year.

The problem is the Match Review Commitee are ( apparently) an independent body so cannot be swayed by the NRL to change their charge or grading.

The question is, who funds the mrc, I am sure they are not govt funded so I would hazard a guess that they are paid by the nrl. If that is the case, they can claim to be as independent as they like but in reality they are very not

Interesting fact.

Les Boyd got 12 months [with a Manly loading included] for an eye gouge on Billy Johnston

The question is, who funds the mrc, I am sure they are not govt funded so I would hazard a guess that they are paid by the nrl. If that is the case, they can claim to be as independent as they like but in reality they are very not
Definitely NRL funded, definitely NOT independent going on past form, always biased towards certain non NSW teams

If the NRL is serious about player welfare then I would like for them to explain the following:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/15/choose-who-should-win-nrl-tackle-of-the-week-round-5/
Take a look at Hampton's shot at D. The player catching the ball has only just touched the ball (if at all) when he gets hit with the full force of the tackle. His sight is still fixed on the act of catching the ball when he gets hammered. You might argue that it's his fault for not taking the ball in the air but then it's also Pearce's fault for putting himself in a dangerous position. (There will also be plenty of other examples worse than this from this week's play.)
Now, I don't have a problem with the tackle (I don't want to see (another?) attempt of the NFL's safe catch system). But, how can the NRL promote and applaud this potentially harmful practice to its players while branding AFBs last minute, open handed and limp arm a careless high tackle? :wait:

Also, how did Manu cop a charge in our game - that's a handy pickup for us or the knights even if he does miss a week :drunk::banghead:
upload_2019-4-15_14-49-10.png

On the flip side...AFB gets a two-week rest (and let's face it, he's been doing a butt-load of work) and we get to bring in one of our many young guns - who will be raring to get a shot at the big league...Tanginoa, Boyle, Paseka, Perrett...all desperate to work their way back into the team.

If the NRL is serious about player welfare then I would like for them to explain the following:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/15/choose-who-should-win-nrl-tackle-of-the-week-round-5/
Take a look at Hampton's shot at D. The player catching the ball has only just touched the ball (if at all) when he gets hit with the full force of the tackle. His sight is still fixed on the act of catching the ball when he gets hammered. You might argue that it's his fault for not taking the ball in the air but then it's also Pearce's fault for putting himself in a dangerous position. (There will also be plenty of other examples worse than this from this week's play.)
Now, I don't have a problem with the tackle (I don't want to see (another?) attempt of the NFL's safe catch system). But, how can the NRL promote and applaud this potentially harmful practice to its players while branding AFBs last minute, open handed and limp arm a careless high tackle? :wait:

Also, how did Manu cop a charge in our game - that's a handy pickup for us or the knights even if he does miss a week :drunk::banghead:
View attachment 11187
They say Manu, we say Sironen :p

Still no mention of Sipley's concussion :mad:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4