Judiciary Charges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Nothing said about Klemmer’s raised knee that knocked JakeT over?In the run,the commentary just said Jake rarely falls off tackles and he must of been tired but a high knee was the reason.Not saying it was worthy of a suspension or fine but maybe a concerning act notice as it’s a regular act by Klemmer when he hits it up
Klemmer raises his knee every time he has the ball and gets to a tackler. Very noticeable at the game.

This is an absolute must to contest. I completely agree with the penalty, strongly disagree with the sin bin and call for an investigation into the charge!

But at the judiciary, I would argue the following by way of mitigation:

1. Pearce was not in an especially vulnerable position. He had not left his feet to catch the ball, passed the ball and not braced for contact or done anything that requires special protection under the rules of the game. In other words, he was ‘fair game’ for a big but obviously legal hit.
2. Pearce was falling and falling rapidly at the time of impact. AFB was committed to making the tackle and, more importantly, entitled to make the tackle (because none the factors under point 1 were present).
3. While AFB did swing his arm, his arm was at best at a 60degree angle from the ground, demonstrating clearly that there was no intent.
4. While an incorrect decision to send him to the sin bin for 10 minutes (of course that standard will never even be consistently applied across a round of NRL (*shut up Ranga, consistency is overrated as all the people want is fairness and fairness dictates that Manly are penalised*)), AFB has already served ‘time’ for his act and the Manly team suffered an in match detriment.
5. The act was on Mitchell Pearce and the majority of fans have been calling for him to be hit in the head for a while. Kind of like how the external ‘howls’ to stand down JDB and DW justified the ‘no fault’ (but we reckon ya guilty as sin) stand down policy.

Ok, I am not serious about point 5 but the others point to the penalty and sin bin being sufficient penalties. I’d love to work on AFB’s defence as I think he has a strong case. Then again, I also thought Billy Slater shoulder charged in the preliminary final last year so what would I know when it comes to the judiciary!
@Ranga can you please make yourself available for the hearing? Great points mate.

I assume so. I thought all charges are defenendable.

The question is will he cop 3 weeks if we lose.

I think we should fight it or at least try get a downgrade to 1 week.

The fact Pearce was falling and almost on the ground is a significant mitigating factor.
He will miss two games regardless of whether he takes an early guilty plea or challenges the charge at the judiciary and loses, meaning his only hope of playing St George Illawarra next week is to fight his case and win.
------
Manly need to challenge for once

@Ranga can you please make yourself available for the hearing? Great points mate.
Thank you, and I am available and like most of us here would love to serve our great club! While i am a lawyer, I actually think that puts you at a disadvantage when it comes to anything to do with the NRL and its, and its committees’/panels’, decisions.

He will miss two games regardless of whether he takes an early guilty plea or challenges the charge at the judiciary and loses, meaning his only hope of playing St George Illawarra next week is to fight his case and win.
------
Manly need to challenge for once

If we have nothing to lose surely we will challenge it. The argument that a sin bin was sufficient has merit.

Can't believe some are trotting out he was falling defence that has no been a defence for years. Love the big guys aggression but at best it was careless and he needs to harness his aggression a bit more we can't afford him on the sidelines so much.

Thank you, and I am available and like most of us here would love to serve our great club! While i am a lawyer, I actually think that puts you at a disadvantage when it comes to anything to do with the NRL and its, and its committees’/panels’, decisions.

I'm a lawyer too @Ranga maybe we should offer Silvertails legal services. Totally unbiased of course :)

Can't believe some are trotting out he was falling defence that has no been a defence for years. Love the big guys aggression but at best it was careless and he needs to harness his aggression a bit more we can't afford him on the sidelines so much.
There is a difference between a ‘defence’, which means you are not guilty of the offence if the defence is proven, and what is relevant to mitigating punishment. Did he hit Pearce high? Yes, he did and the penalty was rightly awarded. But that should be the end of the punishment (together with the sin bin). All high tackles have varying degrees of carelessness about them, unless they are reckless or deliberate which is not what we are talking about here. Not all careless high tackles warrant (or in fact result in) charges or suspensions.

What a surprise !!! The bald headed gimp's prints are all over that one wgile McGuire's 3rd eye gouge in 2 years goes off with a fine again. Incompetent or corrupt you choose.

What a surprise !!! The bald headed gimp's prints are all over that one wgile McGuire's 3rd eye gouge in 2 years goes off with a fine again. Incompetent or corrupt you choose.

I reckon if it was Latrell Mitchell (or a gun nsw player) who did the act, Munster would have gone further with the complaint. What McGuire did is way worse for the game’s reputation.

IM sure greenslime will be calling the police to see if he can some how work out a way to lay criminal charges against AFB and have him stood down until the courtcase lol

What a joke 2 weeks for a bloke already slipping and had knocked on

I’m actually looking forward to see Sipley starting this week. These little setbacks are little blessings early in the season. Sipley will have to step up now with the absence of AFB. Will be massive for his development and boy he looked promising over the weekend when he was on.
AFB is a massive loss in any team but this will help fast track big Sipley in the big smoke. This will add a little more impact from Sipley off our bench when AFB returns

I’m actually looking forward to see Sipley starting this week. These little setbacks are little blessings early in the season. Sipley will have to step up now with the absence of AFB. Will be massive for his development and boy he looked promising over the weekend when he was on.
AFB is a massive loss in any team but this will help fast track big Sipley in the big smoke. This will add a little more impact from Sipley off our bench when AFB returns
I get what you are saying and like what I’m seeing from Sipley but when you are a mid table team like us talent wise two wins can be the difference between 8 th and 13th at years end. I’d rather not have these little blessings with blokes of the caliber of Tommy and AFB, arguably the best two players in their positions in the world.
We must be due for a bit of luck.The peninsular is overflowing with ladders black cats and chinamen.We now have three world class players sitting on the sideline and only one of them injured. Frustrating stuff.

So let me get this straight.....

You can deliberately eye gouge someone and its nothing but a slap on the wrist and a fine. Yet accidentally catch someone high who is falling and you get a two week suspension.

What is wrong with that picture?

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10