Judiciary Charges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The two/ three weeks is due to carryover points. In the absence of the carryover points he could have been playing or missed a week. A bull**** charge but the severity is down to that.

AFB is best in game at moment. Only issue is the time he misses due to suspension. It’s a tough one because you need your big guys to play tough and it’s a fine line at times. But it is an issue he needs to work on as our boys must know we won’t get cut any slack from Toddy and co.

Losing AFB is a massive blow given the damaging impact he produces for us. Dessie has to come up with a game plan to counter this loss. Im sure he will. But given that we played well enough whilst he was off for 10 minutes and did not concede any points during a period where the knights were on the prowl, we should feel a lot more hopeful heading into next week's game.

Good point Sparty .....

Not only did we lose AFB for 10 critical minutes but the remarkable thing on top of that is that we played with only 12 men for the last crucial minutes of the game under pressure

AFB will be a massive blow but so was Tommy Turbo

The AFB situation is just another character building lesson from Des

Unlike last season under Trent we are all starting to believe in the power of Manly Sea eagle spirit

Pearce milked it for all it was worth (back fired on him returning) but got the penalty and sin bin for his team. He didn't look so groggy sitting on the sidelines shortly afterwards. If he would have got straight back and did a quick play the ball to catch Manly off guard i doubt that AFB would have been sin binned in the first place.

This is an absolute must to contest. I completely agree with the penalty, strongly disagree with the sin bin and call for an investigation into the charge!

But at the judiciary, I would argue the following by way of mitigation:

1. Pearce was not in an especially vulnerable position. He had not left his feet to catch the ball, passed the ball and not braced for contact or done anything that requires special protection under the rules of the game. In other words, he was ‘fair game’ for a big but obviously legal hit.
2. Pearce was falling and falling rapidly at the time of impact. AFB was committed to making the tackle and, more importantly, entitled to make the tackle (because none the factors under point 1 were present).
3. While AFB did swing his arm, his arm was at best at a 60degree angle from the ground, demonstrating clearly that there was no intent.
4. While an incorrect decision to send him to the sin bin for 10 minutes (of course that standard will never even be consistently applied across a round of NRL (*shut up Ranga, consistency is overrated as all the people want is fairness and fairness dictates that Manly are penalised*)), AFB has already served ‘time’ for his act and the Manly team suffered an in match detriment.
5. The act was on Mitchell Pearce and the majority of fans have been calling for him to be hit in the head for a while. Kind of like how the external ‘howls’ to stand down JDB and DW justified the ‘no fault’ (but we reckon ya guilty as sin) stand down policy.

Ok, I am not serious about point 5 but the others point to the penalty and sin bin being sufficient penalties. I’d love to work on AFB’s defence as I think he has a strong case. Then again, I also thought Billy Slater shoulder charged in the preliminary final last year so what would I know when it comes to the judiciary!

We always have Suli and Taufua to pitch in with the hard yards as well. And a couple of weeks break for AFB to freshen up after his heavy workload in the first 5 weeks could pay dividends later in the season.

Nothing said about Klemmer’s raised knee that knocked JakeT over?In the run,the commentary just said Jake rarely falls off tackles and he must of been tired but a high knee was the reason.Not saying it was worthy of a suspension or fine but maybe a concerning act notice as it’s a regular act by Klemmer when he hits it up

It should be contested but I doubt it will be, there is too much fear that it will result in missing more games. The nrl remind me of the Soviet communist party, if you go against them they will come down on you with all their might just for having the balls to have a go and doubting them.

Nothing said about Klemmer’s raised knee that knocked JakeT over?In the run,the commentary just said Jake rarely falls off tackles and he must of been tired but a high knee was the reason.Not saying it was worthy of a suspension or fine but maybe a concerning act notice as it’s a regular act by Klemmer when he hits it up

I saw him raise his knee in at least 2 tackles, but obviously not a problem, sure if he pulled that stunt on one of the golden child players something would be said

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6