Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Disagree, I was a motor mechanic in the 80's and the Sunbird with the opal motor was by far the worst car ever made. The P76 was close behind.

P76 one of the best car's ever built, alloy V8....yeeeeeees
1974-leyland-p76-targa-florio-sedan.jpg

Why’s everyone blaming des for the demise of the bulldogs.He got them to 2 grand finals he did his job they just weren’t Good enough to win those games.
Its the shape he left them in. They dropped off a lot in 2017 + the horrible contracts they were left with. That is the price of the 2 GF's.

People say if the team wins or gets to the GF's then it all going to **** at the back end is a small price to pay - until that point arrives.

Disagree, I was a motor mechanic in the 80's and the Sunbird with the opal motor was by far the worst car ever made. The P76 was close behind.
I wish I had that info in 82 when I bought my 1st car.
I remember going to take my girlfriend to the drive in and used the pull out choke and it fell off inside the engine.
Lucky dad was home to fix it.
And don't start me on the stupid foot brake and release pully thingo...

If everyone keeps praising Des.... he might read the thread and ask Penn for a couple of hundred thousand dollars extra! Then it wont be affordable and we might get someone less...

So... save your praise until the deal is done!

(Oops, about 20 pages too late)

Ok, carry on.
Its the shape he left them in. They dropped off a lot in 2017 + the horrible contracts they were left with. That is the price of the 2 GF's.

People say if the team wins or gets to the GF's then it all going to **** at the back end is a small price to pay - until that point arrives.
Hasler always claimed (Both Manly & Dishlickers) that he had a plan to deal with the back ended contracts. He did so for almost a decade before he left. I for one would be perfectly happy to hand full control over to him again.

Its the price Des is willing to pay.

He has a devised this backended system to combat the "legitimate" Salary Cap Cheating of the Roosters, Storm and Bronco's.

We won 2 comps and lost another two GF's (one under Toovey) with this same system that the Dogs had for 2 GF losses. 6 GF appearances in 8 years suggests its a worthwhile system even if it all turns to **** and the end.

I dont think you can have it both, success and stay 100% compliant because the system is titled towards those 3 teams mentioned above.

Hasler always claimed (Both Manly & Dishlickers) that he had a plan to deal with the back ended contracts. He did so for almost a decade before he left. I for one would be perfectly happy to hand full control over to him again.
Teams have won plenty without heavily back ended deals. I'd prefer he try that approach.

Its the price Des is willing to pay.

He has a devised this backended system to combat the "legitimate" Salary Cap Cheating of the Roosters, Storm and Bronco's.

We won 2 comps and lost another two (one under Toovey) with this same system.

I dont think you can have it both, success and stay 100% compliant because the system is titled towards those 3 teams mentioned above.
I'm happy to have him back. I just hope he has more tricks up his sleeve this go around than heavy back ending.

I’m sure he had those plans, but dealing with the likes of James graham and watmough when they are over 30 and in their big money years isn’t an “on paper” exercise.

(Yeah I know tooves was left to deal with choc).

No, I know that's how Hasler did it and I have no idea about the others. You are assuming the others outside the three mentioned above did it without back ended deals.
There are surely more than 2 ways to win in the NRL (back ending or cheating). I suppose the success of the Sharks means you can add drugs to that list.

More than anything you need a high quality spine and powerful pack. Both ours are close. We need a 5/8 and the pack and bench need to be able to play for 80 mins. I think our squad as it stands is pretty good - we need wingers and a 5/8 but he's inheriting a good team that is badly in need of some decent coaching/leadership/direction and to shake off Barretts loser/capitulation mentality.

Personally I look at our team and see we are under the cap, with a lot of quality individuals, so to me there's no need to go blowing the budget/back ending.

Unless you're Purple scum or Rorters. Then you get bonus picks and salary cap concessions.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12