Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its the price Des is willing to pay.

He has a devised this backended system to combat the "legitimate" Salary Cap Cheating of the Roosters, Storm and Bronco's.

We won 2 comps and lost another two GF's (one under Toovey) with this same system that the Dogs had for 2 GF losses. 6 GF appearances in 8 years suggests its a worthwhile system even if it all turns to **** and the end.

I dont think you can have it both, success and stay 100% compliant because the system is titled towards those 3 teams mentioned above.
The price we paid was also contributed to by bad decisions and infighting.
The whole thing wouldn't have had such an impact if we had a functional board and proper decision making, then the price of Des's back ended contracts could've been overcome.
The build up to and the sacking of Tooves was the catalyst to our situation to date.
I think Lyall is getting us back on track.

I'm happy to have him back. I just hope he has more tricks up his sleeve this go around than heavy back ending.

I dont even know if I am happy to have him back.

I had labelled him a "grub for life".

I can't see him signing for anything less than $1.2mil, i reckon it could be a smoke screen.

I had labelled him a "grub for life".

I can't see him signing for anything less than $1.2mil, i reckon it could be a smoke screen.
If he won’t sign for less than $1.2 then he won’t sign with anyone. $700K is a heap better than special K which is all he will be able to afford if he lets pride get in the way of employment.

If I were him, I’d take $700k with a clause that if he wins a premiership during his contract that his salary jumps to $1m or $1.2.

I had labelled him a "grub for life"
haha yeah I was firmly in the "**** Des" camp but I'd just like some stability back in the place. If we are moving on from the cap rubbish and a few horrible years of just constant club bashing everywhere you turn, I can get on board with Des again.

If he won’t sign for less than $1.2 then he won’t sign with anyone. $700K is a heap better than special K which is all he will be able to afford if he lets pride get in the way of employment.

If I were him, I’d take $700k with a clause that if he wins a premiership during his contract that his salary jumps to $1m or $1.2.
I heard somewhere ( probably made up) that he'd be on some sort of an incentive deal dependant on finals etc.

PJAYS you gave me an idea. Why not try the reverse play and back-end HIS contract.

NYEagle

People saying Des will sign for $700k are kidding themselves.

Name another job where a boss is earning $500k less than the employee.

It won't happen, and if it does it won't work. We have just seen that.
As a contractor I used to earn more than my bosses as it was short term :nerd:

The majority of our Team is under 700k in any case.

Dez should be signed for 700k and get to pocket the premiership winners purse - Win Win :wait:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8