Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People saying Des will sign for $700k are kidding themselves.

Name another job where a boss is earning $500k less than the employee.

It won't happen, and if it does it won't work. We have just seen that.

Can see him signing for less than his normal frieght .... but in the negotation he has an advantage .... he knows Penn wouldn't even be talking to him if he wasn't desperate ....

Then it is simply the Art of ball busting .... appear to accept the deal and then at the 11th hour go luke warm and gauge the reaction ...

Can see him signing for less than his normal frieght .... but in the negotation he has an advantage .... he knows Penn wouldn't even be talking to him if he wasn't desperate ....

Then it is simply the Art of ball busting .... appear to accept the deal and then at the 11th hour go luke warm and gauge the reaction ...
Ball dusting???

Not unusual in sport for star players to earn more than the Manager/Coach.

Almost unheard of in NRL. (Hayne, Thurston GI, Burgess obvious exceptions) but not with a coach that has made 5 Grand Finals and won 2 of them. Especially to have as many as 4 players in that bracket.

People saying Des will sign for $700k are kidding themselves.

Name another job where a boss is earning $500k less than the employee.

It won't happen, and if it does it won't work. We have just seen that.

Normally I would agree but no 1 else is going to hire Des so he either wants to coach or he doesn't. He would be just as desperate as us to prove that he isn't past it as his critics keep saying.

Almost unheard of in NRL. (Hayne, Thurston GI, Burgess obvious exceptions) but not with a coach that has made 5 Grand Finals and won 2 of them. Especially to have as many as 4 players in that bracket.

Yeh true.

But De$ is no longer in that bracket where 16 clubs all want him. So it's not like a Bellamy coming off contract and there is a feeding frenzy to get him.

The price we paid was also contributed to by bad decisions and infighting.
The whole thing wouldn't have had such an impact if we had a functional board and proper decision making, then the price of Des's back ended contracts could've been overcome.
The build up to and the sacking of Tooves was the catalyst to our situation to date.
I think Lyall is getting us back on track.
The implosion started with how poorly Gifty was handled. We'll never know but Hasler would have handled it much better and the implosion wouldn't have happened. I don't blame Tooves for that, he was forced by the Qantum faction.

The Mad Scient
The implosion started with how poorly Gifty was handled. We'll never know but Hasler would have handled it much better and the implosion wouldn't have happened. I don't blame Tooves for that, he was forced by the Qantum faction.
Thats right . The Quantum fanction forced Toovey and then took their $hares and fcked off .

Yeh true.

But De$ is no longer in that bracket where 16 clubs all want him. So it's not like a Bellamy coming off contract and there is a feeding frenzy to get him.
The deal is done and my source is pretty solid. The Silvertails are on their way back, time to get excited again. Announcement before the end of the week, assuming the lawyers do their bit.

Its an interesting conversation.

My point is if it doesnt get done, I reckon money will be the issue.

Oh and egos.

The kennel folk are getting a little restless that Dessy might have success with us and make them look stupid while they pay a fair bit of the freight.
Well they don't need us to make them look stupid...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8