Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
l
Make no mistake about it Des is a very good coach. I have a lot more faith in him getting improvement out of our young players with potential. Just wait to see how the Turbos, Kelly and players like Suli and Parker come along under his guidance. At least you know they’ll be fitter and more mentally strong (a big factor in athlete types).

People who say he stopped Lichaa from running only need to look at his form this season. The man got Josh Reynolds a blues jumper.

I have very fond memories of what Des was able to do for our club .
Des built the the fortress into a formidable coliseum where opposition team sht them selves

horse-excrement-stock-picture-3529487.jpg

If everyone keeps praising Des.... he might read the thread and ask Penn for a couple of hundred thousand dollars extra! Then it wont be affordable and we might get someone less...

So... save your praise until the deal is done!

(Oops, about 20 pages too late)

Ok, carry on.

FOX

Des Hasler has the ‘desire’ to coach in the NRL again, and Manly have given him the chance
DES Hasler has finally addressed speculation he will take over as head coach of Manly, saying he has a desire to coach in the NRL and the Sea Eagles have given him the chance.
The two-time premiership-winning coach arrived back in Sydney over the weekend and held a “catch up” with his manager George Mimis on Monday, where he was briefed on the role.

It was then that reporters were able to speak to Hasler to confirm his interest.

“I haven’t signed any deal. I’ve just arrived back from overseas,” Hasler told Channel 9.

“Obviously I have a desire, or I would like to coach in the NRL again.

“Basically it was just a matter of being briefed [by Mimis] and catching up about the possibility — the possibility — of coaching at Manly again.”

It wasn’t until late last week that Hasler emerged as a target for the under siege Sea Eagles, who are desperate to replace Trent Barrett before the pre-season starts next month.

While in Australia camp, Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans was asked about the possibility of playing for Hasler again and admitted he has a soft spot for his former coach.

“If I was to link up with my first-ever first-grade coach, I’d be all for it,” he said.

“Everyone hates Manly so our backs are against the wall and we love playing that style of footy and living with that mentality.

“Obviously Des was a big part of that. If he gets the opportunity to come back, I’m sure he’ll pick up where he left off.”

Manly are expected to confirm their coach within the next week.

I will note it that interview that they asked "what you it mean to coach Manly again?" to which Des replied something along the lines of "As I said, I'd love to coach in the NRL again"

I'm fine with Hasler back.....as we need him and he is sure as hell better than Cartwright etc

But he better turn this ship around

Cartwright must be shattered by the players latest revelation that they now want Des and not Cartwright as coach

Poor Carty He should just go home now

Manly players want Des back at Brookvale

Players want Des back in charge at the Sea Eagles

Manly players are pushing club management to get Des Hasler back to Brookie.

Hasler has emerged as a shock contender for the Sea Eagles job over the last few days and is expected to meet with club officials this week.

And he will have the support of the playing group, who see him as the answer to the club’s woes.

A favourite son of the club in his playing days with over 200 games in the maroon and white, Hasler coached the Sea Eagles from 2004 to 2011, winning two premierships.

But it all went pear-shaped the week after the 2011 triumph, with Hasler announcing he was heading to the Bulldogs in 2013.

The shell-shocked Manly board sacked Hasler for 2012, alleging ‘serious breaches’ of his contract.

He would have been at odds of a million to one to return to Manly after that… but times have changed.

The Sea Eagles are a basket case at the moment and have been struggling to find a coach after the falling out with Trent Barrett.

Michael Maguire knocked the club back last week and assistant coach John Cartwright has only lukewarm support.

Hasler has been out of a job since being punted by Canterbury at the end of the 2017 season.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/manly-...the-mole/339b4cbe-bb1e-4f4c-8588-61224f73fde7

Cartwright must be shattered by the players latest revelation that they now want Des and not Cartwright as coach

Hasler has emerged as a shock contender for the Sea Eagles job over the last few days and is expected to meet with club officials this week.

And he will have the support of the playing group, who see him as the answer to the club’s woes.

A favourite son of the club in his playing days with over 200 games in the maroon and white, Hasler coached the Sea Eagles from 2004 to 2011, winning two premierships.

But it all went pear-shaped the week after the 2011 triumph, with Hasler announcing he was heading to the Bulldogs in 2013.

The shell-shocked Manly board sacked Hasler for 2012, alleging ‘serious breaches’ of his contract.

He would have been at odds of a million to one to return to Manly after that… but times have changed.

The Sea Eagles are a basket case at the moment and have been struggling to find a coach after the falling out with Trent Barrett.

Michael Maguire knocked the club back last week and assistant coach John Cartwright has only lukewarm support.

Hasler has been out of a job since being punted by Canterbury at the end of the 2017 season.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/manly-...the-mole/339b4cbe-bb1e-4f4c-8588-61224f73fde7

And how the f#ck would this Muppet know what the entire playing sqaud want. The media have really lost the plot.

Re Des and Suli .....
Would it be right that Des bought Suli to the Dogs and he was sacked by their current coach?
Or have they not crossed paths?

Re Des and Suli .....
Would it be right that Des bought Suli to the Dogs and he was sacked by their current coach?
Or have they not crossed paths?

Des would of not been at Bulldogs then

2018[edit]
On January 31, Suli was released by the Wests Tigers. It was reported that Suli would only attend training sessions for five minutes, and would sleep in a teammates car while the team was training.[10]'He was quickly signed by the Canterbury Bulldogs. However, 28 days later, his new contract was terminated by the Belmore-based club following repeated indiscretions.[11] It was revealed he had been given 2 warnings in his first 2 weeks at the club.[

Isnt it funny that the players have gone from turkeys voting for thanks giving with wanting Carty as coach to a stampede of bovines running for the open gate and the fresh green grass on ther side with Des
And for me i think that is great that they can see what Des will bring to the the club and to thier games .I mean in the real world comparing Des with Carty is like comparing an AMG mercedes with a 1983 Datsun 120Y
So bring it on Mr Penn, oh ,, and one last thing ....dont F@& it up !!!!

Isnt it funny that the players have gone from turkeys voting for thanks giving with wanting Carty as coach to a stampede of bovines running for the open gate and the fresh green grass on ther side with Des
And for me i think that is great that they can see what Des will bring to the the club and to thier games .I mean in the real world comparing Des with Carty is like comparing an AMG mercedes with a 1983 Datsun 120Y
.......and what’s wrong with a 1983 Datsun 120Y?

Whilst I see your point your analogy is a bit hurtful.
Though I was a 180B man myself.
I would compare him with a.....
Oft mentioned
Holden Sunbird...

What players?
Where are the quotes?
How are they "pushing club management"?
This is a made-up story by a copyboy. Laughable journalism.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6