Gutherson & Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm late to the party here but it is farking horrible that we have lost Gutherson. His injury in round 1 was one of the biggest things to kill our season in 2015 and while I think highly of Tom Trbojevic, Gutherson has shown that he is a better prospect in first grade by quite some margin. Without his injury, I don't we would have lost 5 straight games early in the season and we would have made the finals.

Our next superstar backline was meant to be built around Gutherson and Trbojevic. Disgraceful and dumbfounding decision...

I rate Gutho mate, but I don't think his injury played any significant role in the team losing so many early season games. He only played that opening round game because Matai was injured from memory.

Gutherson would have made a huge difference when the likes of Blair and Williame were in the side. I remember Blair copping a caning for conceding 3 tries down his side in a single match. Gutherson's goal kicking also could have made a point of difference. 1 or 2 wins during that streak of 5 losses might have put us in a better position to sneak into the finals.

And if Gutherson was available all year, Tom would have been a 2nd choice behind him. Both are exceptional attacking players but Gutherson is very capable at centre and is more defensively sound.

I rate Gutho mate, but I don't think his injury played any significant role in the team losing so many early season games. He only played that opening round game because Matai was injured from memory.
Correct . Gutho was the second back up option behind Tom Terrific the best young back in the NRL . Our lack of forward dominance was the reason our team could not compete early on

Gutherson is very capable at centre and is more defensively sound.
From what I saw Gutherson was never a good defender, but to be fair what young player is.
Anyway, I'm sure the club considered Gutherson at centre but for one reason or another they put a line through that option, whether it be them not thinking him good enough for the position or him not wanting to play there. I truly wish Gutherson could've stayed, and although I'm not happy about it I'm sure the club had very good reasons for letting him go.

One thing i've learned watching RL over the years is a prospect is just that; a prospect. Nothing is set in stone in RL; just ask Ben Barba and Jaral Yow Yeh. When Gutherson goes onto to represent NSW and Australia and play 200 FG games for the Eels should we riot. He has achieved nothing in the game at this stage of his career, outside of a serious knee injury.

One thing i've learned watching RL over the years is a prospect is just that; a prospect. Nothing is set in stone in RL; just ask Ben Barba and Jaral Yow Yeh. When Gutherson goes onto to represent NSW and Australia and play 200 FG games for the Eels should we riot. He has achieved nothing in the game at this stage of his career, outside of a serious knee injury.
Well Gutho's 'nothing achievements' do include more than any other Manly Junior at present -
2014-Chosen in Laurie Daley's Origin Pathways Camp ,
2014 -Junior Kangaroos Team,
2013-SOO U20 Team ,
2012-Australian Schoolboys Team,
2012-SOO U18 Team ,
2011-SOO U16 Team,
2011-Junior Sevens Commonwealth Games Team selections, where he was also a captain in some cases.

A strong 21 year old prospect now lost to Manly @:cool:

True Snake, but neither had Thurston before the Dogs let him go. The point is spotting talent and keeping them / developing them to be a star with our club. In this instance I think we messed up.

True Snake, but neither had Thurston before the Dogs let him go. The point is spotting talent and keeping them / developing them to be a star with our club. In this instance I think we messed up.
I'm not saying we have or haven't messed up, i'm just pointing out that time will be the judge of this. He has played 5 first grade games at this stage. I just think it's too early to hang ourselves over this one.

Surely he'll come to manly? Great player, I was very disappointed he committed a crime and therefore buggered up his career. Maybe he was already in last chance saloon?

Well let's hope that it was only his career that was buggered whilst in gaol!

Last edited:
Well Gutho's 'nothing achievements' do include more than any other Manly Junior at present -
2014-Chosen in Laurie Daley's Origin Pathways Camp ,
2014 -Junior Kangaroos Team,
2013-SOO U20 Team ,
2012-Australian Schoolboys Team,
2012-SOO U18 Team ,
2011-SOO U16 Team,
2011-Junior Sevens Commonwealth Games Team selections, where he was also a captain in some cases.

A strong 21 year old prospect now lost to Manly @:cool:

Many Junior Kangaroos never became great NRL players and time will tell How well Gutho recovers from his second ACL injury and whether or not he lives up to his potential .
I would rather we have lost a 21 year old prospect with a bad leg than an 18 year old Superstar in Tom Turbo catch me if you can !!! :)
503823-9d8046b4-d9ae-11e4-bf00-4d5fe57f7b86.jpg

I just wonder if Manly will in the next 5-10 years be as sorry to have lost a great opportunity as Canterbury lost when they let Thurston go.

Many Junior Kangaroos never became great NRL players and time will tell How well Gutho recovers from his second ACL injury and whether or not he lives up to his potential .
I would rather we have lost a 21 year old prospect with a bad leg than an 18 year old Superstar in Tom Turbo catch me if you can !!! :)
View attachment 2359
Tom is having problems with his knee and ankle for a while now I have been told and being quite long legged he could be more susceptible to these injuries, you don't know what could happen with anyone

Tom is having problems with his knee and ankle for a while now I have been told and being quite long legged he could be more susceptible to these injuries, you don't know what could happen with anyone
No one knows what can happen with anyone . Every one knows though that Tom is playing in the grand final and Gutho is out of action for months and well into 2016. Most with any football knowledge also Know that Tom T is the best young Superstar in the game

I just wonder if Manly will in the next 5-10 years be as sorry to have lost a great opportunity as Canterbury lost when they let Thurston go.
Some how I don't think that Gutho is in the same class as Thurston feathered friend or Wally Lewis for that matter. But if you want to make him an immortal in you life time that's up to you :)

No one knows what can happen with anyone . Every one knows though that Tom is playing in the grand final and Gutho is out of action for months and well into 2016. Most with any football knowledge also Know that Tom T is the best young Superstar in the game
Injuries happen and I hope Tom doesn't get injured, otherwise he might cop the same treatment as Gutho

Guys, calm down. You can't keep them all and let's face it, Gutherson was about seventh in line for a back spot, despite being first grade quality so we owed it to him to let him chase a first grade spot. Anyway, if he does light it up we can just buy him back.

However if we lose Knight I will be furious. We need to lock him up and shove him into first grade asap next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8