Gutherson & Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am afraid your falcon has broken down for the season and is not as reliable as its reputation claims it to be . Time will tell if Gutho will ever be pulling in 6 second Quarter miles after he comes back out of the work shop from a blown ACL . That's Parras problem and not ours now

Without knowing how his career unfolded, would you have made Snake your 1st choice fullback when he was a scrawny 19 year old, the season after he had a season ending shoulder injury? Or would you have thrown him on the scrap heap in 2010 after he blew both knees in consecutive seasons? Keep in mind that his diabetes has an effect on his ability to heal.

Like many other things this season, we ****ed up with our backline retention. DCE should have signed off on what was initially put forward to him - money saved there. Matai should have been granted his release when he asked for it. I like what Hiku has brought to the side but unless he becomes a player like Matai then I can't imagine where he is going to fit in our backline. I feel that he should have been let go before Gutherson. Gutherson is also really tight with the Trbojevics. Seeing as Jake and Tom are priorities, I have no idea why the club would want to **** over one of their great mates.

Which one got picked first this season? I'll give you a hint

The xr8

There's fords that do under 6 seconds on the quarter mile,no ferrari does that, they are called funny cars and strangely not humorous rocking a 460 big block with a supercharger, plus a 2 speed auto and ford 9 inch, running on methanol and nitrous oxide

Why do falcons become taxis but not Ferraris, reliability is key

Reliability?

He broke an axle first game of the season.

I'm disappointed they let him go and judging by his comments, so is he. All I can think is; there must serious salary cap issues if they needed to act so quickly.

I really hope they've got the good sense to keep Knight. Time will tell.

I'm disappointed they let him go and judging by his comments, so is he. All I can think is; there must serious salary cap issues if they needed to act so quickly.

I really hope they've got the good sense to keep Knight. Time will tell.
G'day all,Just on Gutherson I seem to recall an article a couple of years ago in which it stated that his ratings under the criteria they used were the best they'd ever seen by a long way.I think it was something to do with junior rep footy,maybe someone else may have a better recollection.
Given his junior representative record and showing promise in his few first grade games,it does seem strange to not give him a decent chance at proving himself with us.
cheers mike

G'day all,Just on Gutherson I seem to recall an article a couple of years ago in which it stated that his ratings under the criteria they used were the best they'd ever seen by a long way.I think it was something to do with junior rep footy,maybe someone else may have a better recollection.
Given his junior representative record and showing promise in his few first grade games,it does seem strange to not give him a decent chance at proving himself with us.
cheers mike
The worst part about it is Gutho was still contracted, so it goes to show contracts and loyalty mean nothing nowadays especially here, even if you are a local junior at this club and have been here since the age of 14, just like the other good juniors the club didn't try too hard to keep. I wouldn't be surprised if Knight goes as well as he is also good mates with Gutho and the other former players and he wouldn't be happy whats happening

Why do falcons become taxis but not Ferraris, reliability is key

Can you imagine the surcharge it would cost just for a Ferrari taxi to show up? You might as well hire a limo lol. I used to drive chauffeur cars for a living and even then we mostly use Holden Statesman and Ford Fairlane's. Other than stretch limos the most 'exotic' cars we used were 1967 Ford Galaxie convertables (2 soft tops, 1 hardtop) with 7.0L V8's in them. And the company (Adelaide Impressions) was one of the better chauffeur companies in Adelaide.

Ferrari's as a taxi? I'd want Sebastian Vettel as my driver if I hired one lol

I was just speaking to a very close source to Gutho and he will be playing centre for Parra, signed a 2 year deal worth $250 000 first year and over $300 000 for his 2nd year and Manly paid out some of the $$$$ to get rid of him

• 📚
Reactions: Ben
I was just speaking to a very close source to Gutho and he will be playing centre for Parra, signed a 2 year deal worth $250 000 first year and over $300 000 for his 2nd year and Manly paid out some of the $$$$ to get rid of him
Any idea why we got rid of him especially as Lyon and Matai only have another year or two at most in them?

And where do Parra get their money from to sign all these players as supposedly they are over the cap? Arthur obviously knows the storm salary cap management plan

Any idea why we got rid of him especially as Lyon and Matai only have another year or two at most in them?

And where do Parra get their money from to sign all these players as supposedly they are over the cap? Arthur obviously knows the storm salary cap management plan
I can't see Will hanging around there

wow Hoppa must be angry. They are telling him they can't afford to pay him what he agreed to but they are signing players every day. No wonder he is taking them to court.

Clearing cap space for Kapow. He is still behind Tom Terbo in the pecking order if Lyon stays in the centres. He is to good to be playing NSW cup. Sad to see him go but you can't have that talent not playing top grade. Good luck to him.

Clearing cap space for Kapow. He is still behind Tom Terbo in the pecking order if Lyon stays in the centres. He is to good to be playing NSW cup. Sad to see him go but you can't have that talent not playing top grade. Good luck to him.
We should have let matai go to the warriors in 2014 and we could have kept Gutherson and/or had a crack at getting whare back last year.

wow Hoppa must be angry. They are telling him they can't afford to pay him what he agreed to but they are signing players every day. No wonder he is taking them to court.
It be fair to say hoppa hasn't delivered to his price tag, and parra has overpayed to lure players based on a dream of what they might do.

Can you imagine the surcharge it would cost just for a Ferrari taxi to show up? You might as well hire a limo lol. I used to drive chauffeur cars for a living and even then we mostly use Holden Statesman and Ford Fairlane's. Other than stretch limos the most 'exotic' cars we used were 1967 Ford Galaxie convertables (2 soft tops, 1 hardtop) with 7.0L V8's in them. And the company (Adelaide Impressions) was one of the better chauffeur companies in Adelaide.

Ferrari's as a taxi? I'd want Sebastian Vettel as my driver if I hired one lol

55456cc6926f614f086d79294282d880.png

Brisbane letting go of rising stars is different to Manly doing the same. Because of the lack of a level playing field, there's enough rising stars in Brissy to amply satisfy 5 or so NRL teams. They have no choice but to release many.

We needed to release one or two quality outside backs. We had a glut. But which one(s)? Three of the five outside backs are established stars in the twilight of their careers, and all likely to retire around the same time. So we'll be faced with very major changes soon. Do we make these major changes simultaneously or staggered?

Gutherson is also an inside back and a goal kicker - both major current issues. Will Gutherson's promising career unfold like Thurston's or Will Hopoate's currently has? At the time of their release, Thurston, Hopoate and Gutherson were probably similar prospects.

Strategically, it does seem a strange decision to me. We'll just have to see how this all unfolds, and if they got this one right.

Gutherson and MCK are both promising backs, although the latter could play second row, but had to be released to compensate for Manly's lack in the forwards. Guthersons preference was to play fullback, a position in which he is way down on the the pecking order.

I only know of two players with potential who have been released which is not different to the Broncos releasing Ash Taylor, Parcell and Jayden Nikorima not to mention a couple of other forwards which they are currently trying to secure such as Joe Ofahengaue.

Agree the Broncos have a broader local junior base from which to attract talent but what is in a local junior base now days which is open to all clubs just look at the Roosters who don't have one but rely on attracting talent from all over. Besides do we all know what other juniors below NSW Cup and Holden Cup Manly have secured?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8