Gutherson & Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brisbane letting go of rising stars is different to Manly doing the same. Because of the lack of a level playing field, there's enough rising stars in Brissy to amply satisfy 5 or so NRL teams. They have no choice but to release many.

We needed to release one or two quality outside backs. We had a glut. But which one(s)? Three of the five outside backs are established stars in the twilight of their careers, and all likely to retire around the same time. So we'll be faced with very major changes soon. Do we make these major changes simultaneously or staggered?

Gutherson is also an inside back and a goal kicker - both major current issues. Will Gutherson's promising career unfold like Thurston's or Will Hopoate's currently has? At the time of their release, Thurston, Hopoate and Gutherson were probably similar prospects.

Strategically, it does seem a strange decision to me. We'll just have to see how this all unfolds, and if they got this one right.

Gutherson and MCK are both promising backs, although the latter could play second row, but had to be released to compensate for Manly's lack in the forwards. Guthersons preference was to play fullback, a position in which he is way down on the the pecking order.

I only know of two players with potential who have been released which is not different to the Broncos releasing Ash Taylor, Parcell and Jayden Nikorima not to mention a couple of other forwards which they are currently trying to secure such as Joe Ofahengaue.

Agree the Broncos have a broader local junior base from which to attract talent but what is in a local junior base now days which is open to all clubs just look at the Roosters who don't have one but rely on attracting talent from all over. Besides do we all know what other juniors below NSW Cup and Holden Cup Manly have secured?

I wouldn't trust any players staying at the club who are under contract as they could still be told to go just like Gutho who had recently signed for 2 years. Contracts mean nothing

Last edited:
I think what is disappointing in this is clubs don't like getting rid of a local junior a kid who has been with the system since he was 14. The club promoted him to the hilt and in the media etc and how the club stands by their juniors etc. The reason Bozo was apparently brought to the club to hang on to its good juniors. Then they give Gutho a touch on the shoulder when he has another 2 years to run on his contract and say..We don't want yo

I wouldn't trust any players staying at the club who are under contract as they could still be told to go just like Gutho who had recently signed for 2 years. Contracts mean nothing
Same could be said about the players as well. Look back at Matai or more recently Taupau and Farah.

What the happenings are within the sanctum of a club we are not privy to with the exception of that which is reported in the media and we know they they like to twist things around!

Forget about now trying to retain our 'Juniors Policy' at this club. I won't be surprised if more Penrith players come on board. Very sad to see what is happening here

The junior policy only applies if you are in the inner circle. Lussick family, Hopa family, Fulton family and friends of the Beacon Hill Bears, screw the rest.

Ain't that the truth , doing deals for his family picking his kids mates , absolute grub.
A lot of people were always amazed how his son Joey always got picked for captain in every sport he played in, including rugby and made the rep teams as captain as well, but strangely his father would turn up to help coach some of these teams. If you're any good, you do it on your own and your ability and determination will get you there

Last edited:
They seem to have a little bit of love for the Raiders too at least as far as the Turbo's go...

A lot of people were always amazed how his son Joey always got picked for captain in every sport he played in, including rugby and made the rep teams as captain as well, but strangely his father would turn up to help coach some of these teams. If you're any good, you do it on your own and your ability and determination will get you there

Guess who is getting the walk up start now ? The youngest has been positioned into spots to protect his weaknesses. No open trials for any of the team he Dad is involved in School, CIS reps, hand pick the Harold Matts etc etc

If he is no good he will get hammered. I have seen a lot of locals playing in matts and ball that are ordinary so we shall see if this is true about the Lussicks.

Say what you like about jason lussick but he has three boys all got scholarships at top private schools both Darcy and joey in first grade squads after having distinguished junior rep careers and the next one is coming through .super dad I reckon.and he is manlys harold matts coach blokes done well for himself

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4