Finals [Week 1, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
With Moses having a category 1 concussion, does that rule him out for next week?

Looks like eels out in straight sets

They have been there own worse enemy tonight.

Panthers were there for the taking..
I don't think the Panthers were there for the taking at all, they smashed the Eels physically and got well on top up front. I thought the Eels were off their game, right from the start their intensity looked a bit below Penriths. I thought Arthur might give them a big rev up at halftime and tell them to get more physical but all they did was go out and drop the ball.
With the Panthers physically dominant, Cleary was unstoppable.

It was very similar to the job Penrith did on Manly in round 1, we went there with high hopes but they were too strong and played at a higher tempo, especially in defence. Hard to beat.

Panthers not at their best but still accounted for the Eels pretty comprehensively. This hit-out will tell them where they need to tighten up and what they need to work on..... they will prove hard to stop.

Might be on my own here but I think all finals matches should be played in the big stadiums. Feels like the NRL isn’t backing themselves to get the crowds. Screams backyard competition that hasn’t graduated to the modern day and will be left behind.

Eels being knocked out again of course would bring its own consolation, though I am equally hoping to see the Panthers stumble at the final hurdle. Watching them last night that seems highly unlikely.

Yet the Panthers strength might bring its own consolation, because surely every other club, including Manly, (surely including Manly) is making serious enquiries about the next gen of young Panthers, whose prospects of breaking into first grade can't be good with the current stars blocking their path. Do we have any agents over there? Maybe Joe Gulavao can point a couple in our direction.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8