Finals [Week 1, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fans voted in the NRL Young Guns Team of the Year. I would agree with most selections, but maybe Savage & Ramsey had better seasons than Campbell. I am not familiar with Otukolo, the Warriors hooker. Koula is given an honourable mention

View attachment 22243

Nanai would be the best of them imo. I was surprised Jacob Kiraz missed out completely. I thought he had a really good year.

That’s the smart picks I’d say , I hate saying this but of the 4 games the most likely upset is game 1.
Yeah, as good as he is, five weeks out and your first week back is a finals game, might see Nathan short of a gallop.
I thought the Rorters for sure until Manu got ruled out for the season. They can’t win without him imo.

Even though our beloved Manly are not playing finals this year, you've gotta admit - these are some cracking match ups and these are the teams who deserve to be here!
Come on you guys, I know you'll be watching with a few beers and maybe a punt here or there.
It's finals time - just sit back and enjoy !!

Even though our beloved Manly are not playing finals this year, you've gotta admit - these are some cracking match ups and these are the teams who deserve to be here!
Come on you guys, I know you'll be watching with a few beers and maybe a punt here or there.
It's finals time - just sit back and enjoy !!
It’s actually far less stressful watching finals when your team isn’t there , although a bit of stress isn’t bad so I’d prefer the other option nevertheless it’s easy to watch when you aren’t invested in any particular winner.

I think the Panthers will struggle tomorrow night , but a loss won’t kill them and they’ll be better for a run the following week.

But hard to see the favourites losing the other games.

It’s actually far less stressful watching finals when your team isn’t there , although a bit of stress isn’t bad so I’d prefer the other option nevertheless it’s easy to watch when you aren’t invested in any particular winner.

I think the Panthers will struggle tomorrow night , but a loss won’t kill them and they’ll be better for a run the following week.

But hard to see the favourites losing the other games.
yeah thats right...as much as i'd prefer that we were in the finals, at least its stress free now haha!
Reckon you might be right with the Panthers but I reckon they'll scrape by with the win since playing at their home ground
I'm actually thinking Raiders and Storm as the hardest to pick

Yeah, as good as he is, five weeks out and your first week back is a finals game, might see Nathan short of a gallop.
I thought the Rorters for sure until Manu got ruled out for the season. They can’t win without him imo.
I think they can.

So JWH has taken Lodge under his wing - birds of a feather really do flock together.

Though it's interesting to read the effect a mentor can have on a player, and the value at least one 'old hard head' in the team has.

Yeah, that's a big out for them. Gus made a good point on 100% footy about the Roosters, while they def have the flair in attack to take down any team, they still need to keep up the physicality part of it and that's now starting to look a little frail now.

Really looking forward to the battle of the west tonight, packed Penrith Park, both teams at full strength. These sort of games are not without incident, players on report injuries here and there. Parra lose this, think they'll be out in straight sets next week, this is huge to them. Penrith proved they can overcome this like they did last year.

Really looking forward to the battle of the west tonight, packed Penrith Park, both teams at full strength. These sort of games are not without incident, players on report injuries here and there. Parra lose this, think they'll be out in straight sets next week, this is huge to them. Penrith proved they can overcome this like they did last year.
I think Cleary & co will be underdone , I expect the Eels ( vomit / spew ) to win and probably advance all the way to the GF.

BUT, if they do as they usually do they’ll fall over and be out in straight sets.

I sincerely hope it’s the latter.

I think Cleary & co will be underdone , I expect the Eels ( vomit / spew ) to win and probably advance all the way to the GF.

BUT, if they do as they usually do they’ll fall over and be out in straight sets.

Cleary and Luai would of done a lot of extra work at training, they'll be fresh and rearing to go. I expect the Riff to have a comfortable lead by halftime...guess we'll see soon enough.

If Pennies stop RCG they will win. He is their true leader and plays big minutes , Paulo goes off the back of him.

The strength of the Panthers production line is highlighted by the number of ex-Panthers playing finals for other sides - Waqa Blake, Regan Campbell-Gillard, Matt Moylan, Wade Graham, Cory HaraWira-Naera. Not to mention others such as Kurt Capewell & Matt Burton (and probably more) that didn't make the finals.

The Finals are so , so boring this year
1662687625053.png

Well, all you buzz killers I am genuinely so EXCITED about the footy this weekend. Every game is good. Can't wait. I'll be watching every minute,.

Nice to watch and no lube being required,

For those non buzz killers ..... enjoy. There really should be some good footy played.

I hope
  • Panthers
  • Raiders
  • Cowboys
  • Just want a full smash up battle between Easts and Souths so that who ever wins is so ****ed no chance they can win the week after.

Well, all you buzz killers I am genuinely so EXCITED about the footy this weekend. Every game is good. Can't wait. I'll be watching every minute,.

Nice to watch and no lube being required,

For those non buzz killers ..... enjoy. There really should be some good footy played.
As long as the bloody refs and bunker stay out of it we should get some great games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7