Curtis Sironen & Dean Whare to Manly??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I've watched plenty of Whare and the upside to buying him is that athleticism was only one part of his game...he is a very smart footballer and a genuine centre with great anticipation and instincts.

As much as I don't like Sterlo, I remember him calling Whare the best centre in the game two years ago. Yes he has had injuries and maybe they will hamper his athleticism in the early stages of a comeback, but he is very good at setting up a winger with perfect lines and timely passes...we could do worse.

I've watched plenty of Whare and the upside to buying him is that athleticism was only one part of his game...he is a very smart footballer and a genuine centre with great anticipation and instincts.

As much as I don't like Sterlo, I remember him calling Whare the best centre in the game two years ago. Yes he has had injuries and maybe they will hamper his athleticism in the early stages of a comeback, but he is very good at setting up a winger with perfect lines and timely passes...we could do worse.
We have and they are currently at the club

As long as Wright, Willaime, Brown are not our starting centres I'm happy. Beale or Whare over them 3 everyday.

He had 2 1/2 full seasons over the past 4. The bloke did an ACL this year. I hardly think that is injury prone.

I would love to contact the boss of half the bloke's on here who like to bag "injury prone" players and get your work records. It must be difficult being so perfect.

Oh and if I could give myself a dummy spit right now I would because that is exactly what this is. The amount of negativity on this forum is beyond a joke.

I have been sick and unable to attend work 4 days in my career, once at my current employer.

Whare the best centre in the game 2 years ago ????
I never heard Sterlo say that .
2014 Rep centres ...... Jennings Inglis Morris Hodges .
Jamie Lyon was firing in all cylinders back then as well .
No way Whare was ever up with the best centres in the game .
Your fetish for Whare has got the better of you feathered friend :)

To be fair Whare did play for NZ in 2014 mate. In the Test and the Four Nations.

To be fair Whare did play for NZ in 2014 mate. In the Test and the Four Nations.
Yes he did play in the 2014 tests and so did Beale and our 2016 NSW cup player Issac John .
Whare and Beale are good players but they are in the elite class.

Have to disagree with you on that one bozo.

Whare was playing incredibly well in that series and was definitely world class and in the top centers in the game. His defense was great. Contained inglis and was always dangerous with the ball. Nz won the series beating australia twice

I think he can come back from his injury no doubt. I think he is a gun. Matai like defense, speed to burn, can set up a winger, good under the high ball, great finisher.

Last edited:

Whare was playing incredibly well in that series and was definitely world class and in the top centers in the game. His defense was great. Contained inglis and was always dangerous with the ball. Nz won the series beating australia twice
That's the great thing about this forum maroon and white friend is that we all have different views . The NZ side that beat Australia had Beale and Whare in the centres , they had our NSW cup player Issac Johns and 5/8 and Ben (who) Henry at hooker but they still beat a very disappointing Australian side . Whare Beale Johns and Henry are not world class imo but a good team that plays well together can beat a team of champions when they don't play well as a team . 9 times out of 10 Inglis will sht over Whare .

That's the great thing about this forum maroon and white friend is that we all have different views . The NZ side that beat Australia had Beale and Whare in the centres , they had our NSW cup player Issac Johns and 5/8 and Ben (who) Henry at hooker but they still beat a very disappointing Australian side . Whare Beale Johns and Henry are not world class imo but a good team that plays well together can beat a team of champions when they don't play well as a team . 9 times out of 10 Inglis will sht over Whare .

Nz had a gun side. Way better than australia. Their forwards mauled australia. Foran was 5/8 mate. centers were SKD and Whare.
First game NZ won 30-12
FB 1 Greg Inglis
RW 2 Josh Mansour
RC 3 Michael Jennings
LC 4 Dylan Walker
LW 5 Daniel Tupou
SO 6 Daly Cherry-Evans
SH 7 Cooper Cronk
PR 8 Aaron Woods
HK 9 Cameron Smith (c)
PR 10 Sam Thaiday
SR 11 Beau Scott
SR 12 Ryan Hoffman
LF 13 Greg Bird
Substitutions:
BE 14 Robbie Farah
BE 15 Aidan Guerra
BE 16 Josh Papalii
BE 17 Corey Parker
Coach:
Tim
FB Peta Hiku
RW 19 Gerard Beale
RC 3 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
LC 4 Dean Whare
LW 2 Jason Nightingale
FE 6 Kieran Foran
HB 7 Shaun Johnson
PR 8Jesse Bromwich
HK 9Thomas Leuluai
PR 10 Adam Blair
SR 11 Simon Mannering (c)
SR 12 Kevin Proctor
LK 13 Jason Taumalolo
Substitutions:
BE 14 Lewis Brown
BE 15 Greg Eastwood
BE 16 Martin Taupau
BE 17 Tohu Harris
Coach:
Stephen Kearney
Final 22-18

Peta Hiku FB Greg Inglis
Jason Nightingale WG Josh Mansour
Dean Whare CE Michael Jennings
Shaun Kenny-Dowall CE Dylan Walker
Manu Vatuvei WG Sione Mata'utia
Kieran Foran FE Daly Cherry-Evans
Shaun Johnson HB Cooper Cronk
Jesse Bromwich PR Aaron Woods
Isaac Luke HK Cameron Smith (c)
Adam Blair PR Josh Papalii
Simon Mannering (c) SR Sam Thaiday
Kevin Proctor SR Greg Bird
Jason Taumalolo LK Corey Parker
Lewis Brown Int Boyd Cordner
Greg Eastwood Int Ben Hunt
Martin Taupau Int Josh Jackson
Tohu Harris

• 📚
Reactions: Rex

I think he can come back from his injury no doubt. I think he is a gun. Matai like defense, speed to burn, can set up a winger, good under the high ball, great finisher.

Did you say he has Matai like defense ?
No comparison mate !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10