Curtis Sironen & Dean Whare to Manly??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
To be fair, you ARE a Canucks fan aren't you? Or was it Wild? See Avs result against The Stars today mate?

Canucks all the way! Woohoo, 46 years with no cup!

Saw the 6-5 avs over dallas.

Also the nucks won their first game against the flames...2-1 in a shootout and the nucks scored all 3 goals thanks to a hilarious own goal by new top line recruit...Erickson. (lol)

(still nothing to add about whare and Sirro from me.)

From RLW (The Mole).........
Whare on the outer
Kiwi international centre Dean Whare could be headed back to Manly after four years at Penrith.
The 26-year old Whare started his top grade career at Brookvale in 2010 and played three seasons for Manly before moving to Penrith in 2013.
He missed much of Penrith’s charge to the finals this year after tearing his ACL in April and was also ruled out of the Kiwis’ Four Nations squad with the injury.
The Panthers have found plenty of good outside backs in his absence and Whare – one of the highest paid players in the Panthers’ ranks – is now not considered a priority for next season.
With Jamie Lyon retiring and doubts over the future of Steve Matai, Manly are on the lookout for experienced centres and Whare – a veteran of 15 Tests who knows the Manly culture well – could be a good fit.

I hope so.....!!!!! Get Sironen & Matagi & we're good for 2017!!

Whare – one of the highest paid players in the Panthers’ ranks –
I find this somewhat surprising. He is contracted to them next season so maybe they will pay some of his way if we pick him up. I quite liked Whare when he was here, thought he had something to offer, but I will admit I haven't seen much of him over the last couple of seasons so don't know if he has kicked on.

Hey Tookey..........I don't recall Whare being injury prone during his time at Manly or at Penrith other than this year??

He spent most of 2016 on the sideline , not 100% sure but think it was a knee injury, other than that I'm pretty sure he played all of the 2015 season at centre.

The Panthers have recently upgraded Tyrone Peachey, and with Moylan there certainly don't need I'm at fullback SO you'd have to say they might be very conducive to letting him go.

Not even sure where this rumor came from, can't remember seeing it myself on Twitter or Facey.

He spent most of 2016 on the sideline , not 100% sure but think it was a knee injury, other than that I'm pretty sure he played all of the 2015 season at centre.

The Panthers have recently upgraded Tyrone Peachey, and with Moylan there certainly don't need I'm at fullback SO you'd have to say they might be very conducive to letting him go.

Not even sure where this rumor came from, can't remember seeing it myself on Twitter or Facey.
Read it in the mole this morning... I'd be very happy to see him come back. When fully fit, he is a top quality player.

Yeah was an ACL tear!! But, like you say, don't recall him being injured a lot.
The rumor has been around for a while but i'm just quoting The Mole...would be great to get him back.

I find this somewhat surprising. He is contracted to them next season so maybe they will pay some of his way if we pick him up. I quite liked Whare when he was here, thought he had something to offer, but I will admit I haven't seen much of him over the last couple of seasons so don't know if he has kicked on.
He is the riffs highest paid back so they want him gone as he has hardly played in the past two years

Hey Tookey..........I don't recall Whare being injury prone during his time at Manly or at Penrith other than this year??
He only played 13 games in 2015 and broke his leg either playing for us in lower grades of for St george

he has also had a broken hand and several calf injuries in recent years

64 games in 4 seasons at the riff

between him and Matai we can cover 1 centre position

He had 2 1/2 full seasons over the past 4. The bloke did an ACL this year. I hardly think that is injury prone.

I would love to contact the boss of half the bloke's on here who like to bag "injury prone" players and get your work records. It must be difficult being so perfect.

Oh and if I could give myself a dummy spit right now I would because that is exactly what this is. The amount of negativity on this forum is beyond a joke.

From RLW (The Mole).........
Whare on the outer
Kiwi international centre Dean Whare could be headed back to Manly after four years at Penrith.
The 26-year old Whare started his top grade career at Brookvale in 2010 and played three seasons for Manly before moving to Penrith in 2013.
He missed much of Penrith’s charge to the finals this year after tearing his ACL in April and was also ruled out of the Kiwis’ Four Nations squad with the injury.
The Panthers have found plenty of good outside backs in his absence and Whare – one of the highest paid players in the Panthers’ ranks – is now not considered a priority for next season.
With Jamie Lyon retiring and doubts over the future of Steve Matai, Manly are on the lookout for experienced centres and Whare – a veteran of 15 Tests who knows the Manly culture well – could be a good fit.

I hope so.....!!!!! Get Sironen & Matagi & we're good for 2017!!
Wow that'd be awesome, really surprised he could actually be on his way back. His injury days are hopefully behind him and he will not only be a great asset on the field but off of it too. As they said, he knows the manly culture and is the type of player that really lays down the law to players around him. He ensures everyone will be playing with their all for the side and the other players on that side, Whare, if indeed signed, will be a perfect signing for us in the backs! :)

Whare should be good for a couple of games before he gets injured again and same for Stevie
Just because he's done an acl doesn't mean he'll be injury prone at all. Perhaps a bit more of a risk then a player without history of injuries such as these but then again, all players have these types of seasons. The worst of the injuries are likely behind although he's bloody worth the risk. Great player, great signing IMO

He only played 13 games in 2015 and broke his leg either playing for us in lower grades of for St george

he has also had a broken hand and several calf injuries in recent years
Yes he broke his leg back in 2007 at St George before coming to Manly. Also had stress fractures in his back as a kid.

Whare has been dogged by injuries throughout his career. He's a star player and would be a real asset for Manly providing he does not get any more serious injuries.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8