Curtis Sironen & Dean Whare to Manly??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Named for the tigers this week.

Didn't he only debut in the 20's a week or two ago?

Will be interesting to see him play,seems to be a talent

Disco said:
Named for the tigers this week.

Didn't he only debut in the 20's a week or two ago?

Will be interesting to see him play,seems to be a talent

I wonder if he hates the poms too.

Seen him play at 5/8 a few times & is definately a running/playmaker who attacks the fringes well.
Wonder where they will play him, maybe a roving lock foward style game.

RLW is hearing that Sironen’s management has been holding secret talks with the Sea Eagles about a change of clubs for 2017.

Sironen had an unhappy time at the Tigers this year, spending time in NSW Cup.

He was freely linked with a move to any one of several rival clubs early in the year before committing to stay at the Tigers mid-season.

But with the Sea Eagles freeing up space in the salary cap by releasing long-serving forward Jamie Buhrer to Newcastle yesterday, it opens the door for Sironen.

The talented 23-year-old local junior is the son of Balmain legend Paul Sironen and has played all his football at the Tigers since debuting in 2012.

Looked promising a couple of seasons ago, but obviously not a first grader. Mind you, Balmain/Wests also got rid of Koreveti and Fafita (sic) and they have proven to be exceptional.

Well yeah, I'm not writing him off and he may come good. I just don't think we should be targeting solid reserve graders with potential. Go after established talent for a change.

Well yeah, I'm not writing him off and he may come good. I just don't think we should be targeting solid reserve graders with potential. Go after established talent for a change.

Yup I think the ratio of 'players with potential' who actually go on and be established good 1st graders would be about 1 in 5 tops. Not a great method of recruitment to try to achieve some success imo

I would be glad to sign young Siro, ball playing backrower and if worse comes to worse can ply his trade at blacktown.

With Buher and Symonds gone we only have Brown left, the worst of the lot

I would be glad to sign young Siro, ball playing backrower and if worse comes to worse can ply his trade at blacktown.

With Buher and Symonds gone we only have Brown left, the worst of the lot
Yep agreed Clay - that's why a few years ago I was excited when Mateo came on the scene because every team I believe needs a creative ball playing fwd. Anything to put opposition defences in two minds. We were one dimensional to say the least in 2016 and look where that got us.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2