Croker today has delivered

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Mate, good for you that you can toss the ‘C’ word around willy nilly like it’s nothing. You obviously don’t have any direct experience with the horrible disease, which makes using it as an insult anathema to some of us.

If you can’t consider the fact this is a young kid, with a family, as a reason to pick another word, maybe give a moment’s thought to the other posters here who might also be uncomfortable with it being bandied around.

My partner is (hopefully) just approaching the light at the end of the tunnel in his own bout of cancer - and I don’t think, the entire time, I’ve heard him use the ‘c’ word once. It’s always skirted around with ‘growth’, ‘malignant’, ‘my health issues’. And that’s a big, tough, 42 year old male who can’t bring himself to say the word.

It’s not a joke or a clever adjective to throw around. But I’m sure you’ll miss the subtlety like you always do.
I have the experience of losing a loved one with the C . It is like losing Manly games to me
This is the way I strongly feel about my team and we all feel differently .

Mate, good for you that you can toss the ‘C’ word around willy nilly like it’s nothing. You obviously don’t have any direct experience with the horrible disease, which makes using it as an insult anathema to some of us.

If you can’t consider the fact this is a young kid, with a family, as a reason to pick another word, maybe give a moment’s thought to the other posters here who might also be uncomfortable with it being bandied around.

My partner is (hopefully) just approaching the light at the end of the tunnel in his own bout of cancer - and I don’t think, the entire time, I’ve heard him use the ‘c’ word once. It’s always skirted around with ‘growth’, ‘malignant’, ‘my health issues’. And that’s a big, tough, 42 year old male who can’t bring himself to say the word. I’ve also posted here before that one of the things that’s given me a less obsessive, more ‘it’s just a game’ perspective on football in recent years was losing a close relative to cancer at the age of 31. I know other forum members have had their own experiences with the noxious disease.

It’s not a joke or a clever adjective to throw around. But I’m sure you’ll miss the subtlety like you always do.

Before the Dragons match, he made a post about wanting a Dragons player to break a leg. This is coming from the same poster who advises that we should all turn to physical exercise for better mental and physical health. I would think that someone who encourages physical exercise would realise what emotional and mental setbacks a person would suffer if they were to have a serious leg injury, therefore they wouldn’t wish an injury on someone. More class is needed by him

Before the Dragons match, he made a post about wanting a Dragons player to break a leg. This is coming from the same poster who advises that we should all turn to physical exercise for better mental and physical health. I would think that someone who encourages physical exercise would realise what emotional and mental setbacks a person would suffer if they were to have a serious leg injury, therefore they wouldn’t wish an injury on someone. More class is needed by him
Toughen up mate .

One more thing ...
I hope we rip the dogs testicles off Friday night !!!

They showed the tackle ad nauseam at the time to freak out the male panelists :giggle:
7b628db223c6cd91e01c10eeffde1cde--smiley-faces-smiley-emoji.jpg

There’s no comparison. I’d give up every Manly win I’ve ever witnessed, and then some, if it meant people I love never having had to go through cancer.

Footy is just bread and circuses.
I think you missed my point . But that is ok

I think you missed my point . But that is ok

You straight up said a loved one dying of cancer ‘is like losing Manly games to me’. Your words, not mine.

I think you’d be pushing it to find anyone to agree with you on that.

I’m blown away that anyone could even equate the two. One’s a game, literally an entertainment product, that you have no actual personal stake in; the other is a loved one that you’ll never see, speak to, or touch again - and in my family member’s case, she was ripped off a good 50-60 years and most of the things she wanted out of life. My partner’s going to get through his encounter OK - this time - but it’s going to hang over his head for years, and it still remains to be seen whether it stops us having kids or not.

I want to call the comparison ridiculous, but hey - each to their own. But if that’s how you genuinely feel...wow. Just...wow.

I don’t think it’s me who’s missing the point here.

You straight up said a loved one dying of cancer ‘is like losing Manly games to me’. Your words, not mine.

I think you’d be pushing it to find anyone to agree with you on that.

I’m blown away that anyone could even equate the two. One’s a game, literally an entertainment product, that you have no actual personal stake in; the other is a loved one that you’ll never see, speak to, or touch again - and in my family member’s case, she was ripped off a good 50-60 years and most of the things she wanted out of life. My partner’s going to get through his encounter OK - this time - but it’s going to hang over his head for years, and it still remains to be seen whether it stops us having kids or not.

I want to call the comparison ridiculous, but hey - each to their own. But if that’s how you genuinely feel...wow. Just...wow.

I don’t think it’s me who’s missing the point here.

Your quote
There’s no comparison. I’d give up every Manly win I’ve ever witnessed, and then some, if it meant people I love never having had to go through cancer.

What does this have to do with the way I feel when Manly loses games ?

I never said such a thing about that I would rather have people I love having gone through cancer
I do not choose who has cancer or not .

Also saying to me that I obviously had no experience with this horrible disease is wrong . How can you say this if you dont know me

I am sorry to hear about your partner and hope things improve .

Last edited:
Your quote

What does this have to do with the way I feel when Manly loses games ?

I never said such a thing about that I would rather have have people I love having gone through cancer
I do not choose who has cancer or not .

Also saying to me

I have the experience of losing a loved one with the C . It is like losing Manly games to me
This is the way I strongly feel about my team and we all feel differently .

THAT (see above) is what you said.

Maybe get someone who speaks and reads English fluently to explain to you what the issue is there, I’m done. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

THAT (see above) is what you said.

Maybe get someone who speaks and reads English fluently to explain to you what the issue is there, I’m done. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
You also said that I have no experience with cancer of a loved one and you dont even know me .
Also insinuated that I would rather have some one go through cancer before a Manly win which is also wrong

Love you and your passion on here @BOZO but you shouldn’t be comparing cancer to losing footy games mate.
I was just saying how losing feels like death to me . I was not saying I would prefer some poor cnt die of cancer than Manly losing
I have felt the disappointment of losing a loved one through cancer
I was just saying how a Manly loss feels to me
No one has the right to question or deny some ones feeling mate

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10