Croker today has delivered

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree, but he is a great contributor and shouldn’t be hung, drawn and quartered for getting over zealous and excited at times.
We should discourage pile ins on single posters whether it is in the rules or not. Effectively it is bullying?
A colourful debate is one thing, but this guy seems to really cop it for being unique.
Just my take, I could be wrong.
There is a clear delineation between vigorous banter and outright abuse.
We should discourage the latter

It is obvious @SeaEagleRock8 only reads what his agenda suits him

As for the bullies they are who they are in character and will never change . The best change is to completely disregard their posts and they are powerless as this will eat them up not being able to vent their inner turmoil .

Thanks for your support feathered friend and Go the mighty Sea eag;es

We should discourage pile ins on single posters whether it is in the rules or not. Effectively it is bullying?

How do you propose the site controls "pile ins".
It's not like posters all ring each other and organise.

Say deliberately inflammatory comments, and I guess others posters will be of a like mind that said comments were inflammatory. Seems pretty simple.

The outrage police have struck again.
I nursed both my parents through their last stages of cancer and watched them pass away. Was truly the saddest, most painful time of my life.
However, I am not offended at all by @BOZO post.
Why, because I didn’t associate it to the ridiculous analogy that some of you moral crusaders did.
His intent was to merely state that he deemed Croker unworthy of the 6 in Manly’s NRL team.
Was it a poor choice of words? YES
Was the vitriolic gangland response necessary? NO
Was dredging it back up a year later just to point score and humiliate a loyal fan courageous or inspiring?
(not to mention the barrage of aimless personal attacks)
Truly pathetic stuff

Mate You sound like a very good hearted person in the way you looked after your parents and took care of them until the end
Not many people do this caring stuff . Well Done
I am sorry to hear that they have passed away and hope they did not endure a lot of pain towards the end

I have seen family members and friends pass away from Cancer and some were in very severe pain . Morphine does help .

Just recently another family member was diagnosed with pancriatic cancer and his chances seem grim but I am trying to keep his spirits up by helping him to keep focusing on the positives of even though his chances are slim , it is still a chance . He is in their with a chance !!!. Also spending time with him helps distract any anxiety of the negative thoughts that take over .

I can understand what you went through feathered friend and admire your giving heart .

If the comments stay, it is fair play for debate, not ridicule and abuse.
To hear posters say they basically hate the guy after never having met him is very hurtful and unnecessary.

And fair play for debate it has been.

I havent seen anyone say they hate the poster. Maybe I missed that.

I think it is a good thing where posters are held accountable for their own words. If you say it, then own it, dont pussy foot around your own words with deflection and excuses.

I have been a bit remiss and not been keeping up to date , so importantly what has Croker delivered today so far ?
Mate it has only been one game but it was a game under adversity and after losing our organizer and captain Croker stepped up and did not lose his composure and took part and contributed in our great win and that was a great start for him . Hopefully he can build on that

Mate it has only been one game but it was a game under adversity and after losing our organizer and captain Croker stepped up and did not lose his composure and took part and contributed in our great win and that was a great start for him . Hopefully he can build on that
Certainly was not trying to be flippant on the subject or general poster input on it , differences of opinion and perspective in various forms and respective poster reaction will come and go but never seems to detract from the quality and very interesting participation on this forum . Des took a punt with Croker last week , he not only delivered big time but also showed some great perseverance and determination to overcome some real adversity and challenges to get there , If he can maintain last week "s top performance or just some good form in general , more credit to him and to help Manly "s short term prospects now with D C E "s extended time on the sidelines ..

One thing that smacks me about Croker, is he's resilient. Resilient in the way he applies himself, and resilient in the way he plays the game. He has every reason to be down on life, and to have given up, but he's carried himself with effort, energy, and with a positive attitude.

What a man ! These are the characters we need in Manly. His application is infectious.

I think he has the potential to be anything.

He was an Australian Representative junior. I've seen him carve apart opposition team(s) when playing for us.

He's still young, hasn't played many games. Let's give him time.

That's not taking away from Elgey, who I feel is much maligned here. Elgey has had 7 games only to acclimatise to and with us. Give him some time guys. This will be his chance to step up in DCE's absence.

Honestly, I don't think our backline is too far off what it has been this season. I'm actually confident this week.

Des has really proven me wrong this season. I said 1 win against the Dogs in our 1st 10 rounds. Bzzzzzt. I said no chance against The Bunnies. Bzzzzzt. I said absolutely no chance against The Raiders. Bzzzzzt.

Love Croker. Love this teams spirit right now. So much so, I'm worried about my continued negativity, because the end game performances are making my words look ... well .... ridiculous, and I'm loving it wholeheartedly.

One thing that smacks me about Croker, is he's resilient. Resilient in the way he applies himself, and resilient in the way he plays the game. He has every reason to be down on life, and to have given up, but he's carried himself with effort, energy, and with a positive attitude.

What a man ! These are the characters we need in Manly. His application is infectious.

I think he has the potential to be anything.

He was an Australian Representative junior. I've seen him carve apart opposition team(s) when playing for us.

He's still young, hasn't played many games. Let's give him time.

That's not taking away from Elgey, who I feel is much maligned here. Elgey has had 7 games only to acclimatise to and with us. Give him some time guys. This will be his chance to step up in DCE's absence.

Honestly, I don't think our backline is too far off what it has been this season. I'm actually confident this week.

Des has really proven me wrong this season. I said 1 win against the Dogs in our 1st 10 rounds. Bzzzzzt. I said no chance against The Bunnies. Bzzzzzt. I said absolutely no chance against The Raiders. Bzzzzzt.

Love Croker. Love this teams spirit right now. So much so, I'm worried about my continued negativity, because the end game performances are making my words look ... well .... ridiculous, and I'm loving it wholeheartedly.

Parker , Croker , Suli , and Every under performing player has proved many wrong on here .

Lets hope they continue to do so

As winning is everything and the only thing for passionate supporters .

Back to Croker - had a great game last week that hopefully has lifted his confidence.
Keep in mind, he was basically a foil to go through the motions, to allow the star half (DCE) to do what he wanted before injured in 2018.
This Saturday will add some perspective to where he is at, as DCE is out and will allow Croker more freedom again, he could surprise or disappoint, but certainly has earned the right to prove himself.
Its a gutsy, feel good comeback story and looking forward to turning the next page this Saturday....

Back to Croker - had a great game last week that hopefully has lifted his confidence.
Keep in mind, he was basically a foil to go through the motions, to allow the star half (DCE) to do what he wanted before injured in 2018.
This Saturday will add some perspective to where he is at, as DCE is out and will allow Croker more freedom again, he could surprise or disappoint, but certainly has earned the right to prove himself.
Its a gutsy, feel good comeback story and looking forward to turning the next page this Saturday....
I would also like the injured Cust be given an opportunity as he did make an impression in the trials . He is tough and skillful on top of that

Irony, it seems.

The true irony is ... that you would think that the one player at Manly .. that truly embodies all the positive attributes championed in the countless memes and endless qoutes from dead people that Bozo loves so much ..... the never give up and other cliches ... it is Crocker ...

From listening to Bozo's ceaseless drivel ... you would think he would scream from the rooftops ... the story of a gifted and talented country kid ... whose talent saw him make age rep teams for state and country ..... only to have his future shattered by an ACL injury in his teens ... who then through pain and determination forced his way back and as a testament to courage made his First Grade debut at Canberra aged 19 ......

And just when all that pain seemed worth it ... he tragically tore his ACL again .... career in pieces again .... after just one game

Again he refuses to yield to the vagrancies of fate and again claws his painful why through rehab .... determined to succeed ..... never giving up ... and from nowhere comes a call fro Baz ..... the Gods have answered his prayers ..... a contract out of the blue from Manly ... a chance to train and do his apprenticship under DCE and Green .... but the Gods weren't finished .. Green bails out and he is thrust into the starting role in FG ..... he knows he is not ready ... but he answers the call and goes his hardest .... no complaints, no dramas .. just guts ...

.. and after 8 games and just when he started to bloom .... the God's again decided to test him and he blows his 3rd ACL ..... his career is know officially fornicated ..... 21 years old .. 3 ACLs ... off contract .... he is well and truly fornicated from behind ....

But just like a Bozo meme ... the kid doesn't quit, and again with grit, guts, determination beyond anthing I have experienced in my miserable life .... the kid not only rehabs .... not only runs again .... but through what means I don't know convinces Dessie to give him one of the coveted development contracts ... bloody hell .... and then ... at odds that must have been in the 1000/1 stakes he gets promoted into the top 30 .....

I repeat ... you would think that with all the gung-Ho BS that Bozo sprouts ... that the Kid Croker would be his poster boy and self gratification model .... but no .... instead he is a player to be insulted, belittled and abused in over 100 posts ....

But ... just like a "stick that up you" meme .... Croker has responded in the only way champions do ... with a MOM performance ..

And yes .... for mine Croker is a champion .... even if he never plays another game .... for mine he is a champion ..

Last edited:
I would also like the injured Cust be given an opportunity as he did make an impression in the trials . He is tough and skillful on top of that
Hey Bozo - yep I think we have a few more potential NRL standard players just waiting for that opportunity.
Add Guocamole, Anderson and the bloke getting his debut Miski who I anticipate to make instant impact....then the youngens like Schuster , Turbo Jnr and a few more, things look good.
I seen Cust even at Jnr level look like that solid organising half to play that Blake Green foil, we seemed to miss.
He struggled a little with the bigger bodies at NSW Cup level and feel this along with the odd injury slowed his progress, but agree he definitely has the ability.
In saying this, the performance Croker put in and his attitude with capital A....the position is his to lose and judging by his determination....every show he will stay there for a while yet.

It is obvious @SeaEagleRock8 only reads what his agenda suits him

As for the bullies they are who they are in character and will never change . The best change is to completely disregard their posts and they are powerless as this will eat them up not being able to vent their inner turmoil .

Thanks for your support feathered friend and Go the mighty Sea eag;es
When have you ever disregarded any post?You comment on every post that you do not agree with.

You do know that I do not get personal with other posters that do not agree with me other wise you would have posted it . I am very passionate about players that tarnish our proud Manly jumper but as you do know I do not revert to getting personal with posters that have a different view than me . If you want to endorse this type of personal attacks by posters that do not share other posters view be my guest and see how this forum goes .
People love their manly players,when you have a go at the players,maybe people view that as personal and respond in kind?

When have you ever disregarded any post?You comment on every post that you do not agree with.

Sometimes he will comment multiple times. There is a post of mine in this thread that he replied to twice. @manlyfan76 once made a post about Bozo shopping at Woolies and Bozo made something like 4 unanswered replies to the post within a half hour period

The true irony is ... that you would think that the one player at Manly .. that truly embodies all the positive attributes championed in the countless memes and endless qoutes from dead people that Bozo loves so much ..... the never give up and other cliches ... it is Crocker ...

From listening to Bozo's ceaseless drivel ... you would think he would scream from the rooftops ... the story of a gifted and talented country kid ... whose talent saw him make age rep teams for state and country ..... only to have his future shattered by an ACL injuries in his teens ... who then through pain and determination forced his way back and as a testament to courage made his First Grade debut at Canberra aged 19 ......

And just when all that pain seemed worth it ... he tragically tore his ACL again .... career in pieces again ....

Again he refuses to yield to the vagrancies of fate and again claws his painful why through rehab .... determined to succeed ..... never giving up ... and from nowhere comes a call fro Baz ..... the Gods have answered his prayers ..... a contract out of the blue from Manly ... a chance to train and do his apprenticship under DCE and Green .... but the Gods weren't finished .. Green bails out and he is thrust into the starting role in FG ..... he knows he is not ready ... but he answers the call and goes his hardest .... no complaints, no dramas .. just guts ...

.. and after 8 games and just when he started to bloom .... the God's again decided to test him and he blows his 3rd ACL ..... his career is know officially fornicated ..... 21 years old .. 3 ACLs ... off contract .... he is well and truly fornicated from behind ....

But just like a Bozo meme ... the kid doesn't quit, and again with grit, guts, determination beyond anthing I have experienced in my miserable life .... the kid not only rehabs .... not only runs again .... but through what means I don't know convinces Dessie to give him one of the coveted development contracts ... bloody hell .... and then ... at odds that must have been in the 1000/1 stakes he gets promoted into the top 30 .....

I repeat ... you would think that with all the gung-Ho BS that Bozo sprouts ... that the Kid Croker would be his poster boy and self gratification model .... but no .... instead he is a player to be insulted, belittled and abused in over 100 posts ....

But ... just like a "stick that up you" meme .... Croker has responded in the only way champions do ... with a MOM performance ..

And yes .... for mine Croker is a champion .... even if he never plays another game .... for mine he is a champion ..

Woodsie one thing I have always admired about you is the way you back our players. The way you treat our players is the same way I’d imagine that Des Hasler would treat our players and I mean that as an ultimate compliment.

It would also be unfair to label somebody like @yokahontas as a bully. Yoka is one of the best members on this forum. Her posts on footy and non-footy related topics are valuable and appreciated. The majority of the time, she ignores the bull****. The same goes for Kiwi Eagle too

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6