Croker today has delivered

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing that smacks me about Croker, is he's resilient. Resilient in the way he applies himself, and resilient in the way he plays the game. He has every reason to be down on life, and to have given up, but he's carried himself with effort, energy, and with a positive attitude.

What a man ! These are the characters we need in Manly. His application is infectious.

I think he has the potential to be anything.

He was an Australian Representative junior. I've seen him carve apart opposition team(s) when playing for us.

He's still young, hasn't played many games. Let's give him time.

That's not taking away from Elgey, who I feel is much maligned here. Elgey has had 7 games only to acclimatise to and with us. Give him some time guys. This will be his chance to step up in DCE's absence.

Honestly, I don't think our backline is too far off what it has been this season. I'm actually confident this week.

Des has really proven me wrong this season. I said 1 win against the Dogs in our 1st 10 rounds. Bzzzzzt. I said no chance against The Bunnies. Bzzzzzt. I said absolutely no chance against The Raiders. Bzzzzzt.

Love Croker. Love this teams spirit right now. So much so, I'm worried about my continued negativity, because the end game performances are making my words look ... well .... ridiculous, and I'm loving it wholeheartedly.
All good points, and I also read that he is second fittest at the club behind dce.

You are kidding me, multiple comments on a social media forum....and some unanswered??? Why who would have thought, that’s unheard of surely. It just doesn’t make any sense at all. Hang the bastard
I have a half brother who was birthed out of wedlock...he might find offence in your post if he were to stumble upon it. The etymology of the word Bastard, derives from the French word Bastum... meaning pack saddler’s son. Are you having a sly dig at every mule riding root rat @Zimbalist? God help us all if a word of this finds its way to John Snow. The outrage! Even now I can see a hundred black birds on a path towards Kings Landing. Where are the farking archers when you need them!

So how about Croker's game tonight..? I thought he played well while he was on, shame about the hammy!

So how about Croker's game tonight..? I thought he played well while he was on, shame about the hammy!
Defence was solid and decent game play
Elgey set up more opportunities, but obviously they were playing to the right and Garrick cashed in

I thought we struggled when he went off tonight. He’s a good defender and he seems to lead the team around the park well and hold our structure together plus he has a good kicking game. My only criticism is the knee injuries have left him lacking a bit of pace.

The true irony is ... that you would think that the one player at Manly .. that truly embodies all the positive attributes championed in the countless memes and endless qoutes from dead people that Bozo loves so much ..... the never give up and other cliches ... it is Crocker ...

From listening to Bozo's ceaseless drivel ... you would think he would scream from the rooftops ... the story of a gifted and talented country kid ... whose talent saw him make age rep teams for state and country ..... only to have his future shattered by an ACL injury in his teens ... who then through pain and determination forced his way back and as a testament to courage made his First Grade debut at Canberra aged 19 ......

And just when all that pain seemed worth it ... he tragically tore his ACL again .... career in pieces again .... after just one game

Again he refuses to yield to the vagrancies of fate and again claws his painful why through rehab .... determined to succeed ..... never giving up ... and from nowhere comes a call fro Baz ..... the Gods have answered his prayers ..... a contract out of the blue from Manly ... a chance to train and do his apprenticship under DCE and Green .... but the Gods weren't finished .. Green bails out and he is thrust into the starting role in FG ..... he knows he is not ready ... but he answers the call and goes his hardest .... no complaints, no dramas .. just guts ...

.. and after 8 games and just when he started to bloom .... the God's again decided to test him and he blows his 3rd ACL ..... his career is know officially fornicated ..... 21 years old .. 3 ACLs ... off contract .... he is well and truly fornicated from behind ....

But just like a Bozo meme ... the kid doesn't quit, and again with grit, guts, determination beyond anthing I have experienced in my miserable life .... the kid not only rehabs .... not only runs again .... but through what means I don't know convinces Dessie to give him one of the coveted development contracts ... bloody hell .... and then ... at odds that must have been in the 1000/1 stakes he gets promoted into the top 30 .....

I repeat ... you would think that with all the gung-Ho BS that Bozo sprouts ... that the Kid Croker would be his poster boy and self gratification model .... but no .... instead he is a player to be insulted, belittled and abused in over 100 posts ....

But ... just like a "stick that up you" meme .... Croker has responded in the only way champions do ... with a MOM performance ..

And yes .... for mine Croker is a champion .... even if he never plays another game .... for mine he is a champion ..
What a great post this is - not about Bozo as I have no comment there - but yes the thoughts on Croker - well done Woodsie! I think the kid certainly has some talent and hopefully the hammy injury only sets him back a week or two.

a bit like last year as he was beginning to settle he cops yet another injury, what a shame. At least this one is relatively short and he should come back without losing too much feel for the game.

a bit like last year as he was beginning to settle he cops yet another injury, what a shame. At least this one is relatively short and he should come back without losing too much feel for the game.
He said he heard a pop.. so hopefully it's just his hammy

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8