Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
It is pretty consistent with what has happened in the past - he seems like a nice kid (most of the time) and tends to present well...when he is not causing issues

Brooke

Bencher
I don't not like Twenty, nor have I ever posted that we should remove him.
No Manly player should be seen in a strip club during the season. Win or lose.

DCE should never have gone to anyones room @ 1AM to sort out issues.
Jackson obviously has problems.

Manly are losing what little is left of their credibility everyday, and we are now a lol thread in every newspaper and fan site in the Country.
1AM must have been when Jacko got back from the strip club

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Excuses?

Sorry man, the players have no excuses for the **** they dished up in the last 2 weeks. Hastings is just not important enough to affect 9 million dollars worth of Neanderthals holding a ball and running at a brick wall.
Yeah fair point I could have quoted no disruption or distraction with Hastings not there that gets away from doing the 1% things ,,,

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Personally I am still shocked by all this, but just realised I owe an apology to @Snake who tipped us off a while back. At the time I found it too far-fetched to believe, so the only sane explanation I could come up with was that Snake had his wires crossed. So, sorry about that!

I really appreciate this act of class on your behalf. You and I have agreed on a lot of things since that discussion but the memory of you calling my integrity into question did linger a little in the back of my mind, but no longer. My sincerest thanks!

Manly coach Trent Barrett says Jackson Hastings was a ticking time bomb at Sea Eagles

SEA Eagles coach Trent Barrett was desperate to offload Jackson Hastings in February to avoid increasing conflict between the utility player and his teammates.

Barrett believed the hostility would eventually boil over and he needed to nip the problem in the bud.

But when no rival club could be found for Hastings, Barrett thought the best course of action would be to banish him to the NSW Cup for the rest of this season.

Club officials made Hastings’ manager Sam Ayoub aware of the tension between his client and his Manly teammates.

And Barrett called a meeting with Hastings, Ayoub, the RLPA and Manly welfare officer Quentin Pongia on February 2 in a desperate bid to try to end the friction.

Unfortunately, the problem couldn’t be resolved.

It can also be revealed that:

• MANLY may sanction skipper Daly Cherry-Evans over two scuffles — one physical and one verbal — with Hastings when the Sea Eagles were in Gladstone to play Gold Coast in round five.

• CLUB officials and Hastings have had ongoing dialogue about the player’s behaviour.

MANLY arranged counselling for Hastings but it’s understood he didn’t continue with the sessions.

He will play against Wyong on Saturday at Berkeley Vale Oval.

Four Manly players were scheduled to speak with the media — Api Koroisau, Brad Parker, Brian Kelly and Jono Wright — but Barrett overruled and fronted up for an intense nine-minute interview.

“This is an issue we tried to fix and I wish it hadn’t come to this, but it has,” Barrett said. “It is certainly isn’t a one-off incident.”

“We have pretty much documented a lot of things over the past 12 months,” Barrett said.

“The last formal one was on the second of February, where we actually had Jackson in here with the RLPA, his manager, and our welfare officer to try and work out a plan.

“We wanted to work through some issues to avoid a situation that we have just gone through. Unfortunately, it was an issue I saw coming and we tried to address it a long time ago and it has now implicated another player (Cherry-Evans).

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

The RLPA... lol. They're largest collection of toothless ****s since Souths fans decided to create the burrow.

They'd be much better off confronting NRL HQ about why they puff their chests out saying player welfare is the number one priority in the nrl...yet are happy to let Manly try and play the world's most brutal sport with only 23 players compared to others 30. Why are they happy to put actual humans at risk based on some arbitrary words on paper?

But they won't do that...the rlpa are too scared about causing too much fuss in case the nrl put the rent up on their office space.

Tomay

Bencher
There's an article in the SMH this morning about all this, not sure how to put it here. Apparently Cliffy didn't know. Cliffy should be told everything!

Brooke

Bencher
If the word is he doesn’t really fit in with the boys, I’m not sure if he was at the strip club.
I was hoping and thinking our captain and family man wasn't at the strip club. That's why I assumed he had to wait till 1am for Jacko to return from it, to speak with him.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
And now on the Big Sports Breakfast, Massoud is kind of sticking up for Hastings and says its poor the way DCE has handled things and DCE should come out and speak to the media. WTF have we done so wrong that every media outlet is trying to kill us at the moment and DCE in particular.
About time to hear from Penn and make a stand against these sh1tbag reporters. Ban them all.
Every other club can tip out a player and it gets reported on once, we do it and its front page for a fortnight.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
I was hoping and thinking our captain and family man wasn't at the strip club. That's why I assumed he had to wait till 1am for Jacko to return from it, to speak with him.
He’s also best buds with the benchmark POS Ben Barba so who knows who the real DCE is. Maybe he’s just loyal to his old buds but still, yada yada the company you keep or something...

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
And now on the Big Sports Breakfast, Massoud is kind of sticking up for Hastings and says its poor the way DCE has handled things and DCE should come out and speak to the media. WTF have we done so wrong that every media outlet is trying to kill us at the moment and DCE in particular.
About time to hear from Penn and make a stand against these sh1tbag reporters. Ban them all.
Every other club can tip out a player and it gets reported on once, we do it and its front page for a fortnight.

On NRL360 last night they were banging on about how there are 2 sides to the story... the media has realised they have another chance to make DCE look bad...

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There's an article in the SMH this morning about all this, not sure how to put it here. Apparently Cliffy didn't know. Cliffy should be told everything!
God bless Cliffy, still believes that MWSE regards the Football Club as relevant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18