Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Isn't that the Willie Peters story though? Couldn't stand the constant pranks?
Truthfully, I'd probably get kicked off the team too. Childish pranks for a little while are fine, but not as The only form of humour - at that point it becomes bullying.
I just feel like he's being punished a little for marching to the beat of his own drum and being sensitive. I think Wolfman also marched to that different beat but couldn't have given a **** about what the others thought.

Paw93

Reserve Grader
I do feel for Jacko. Really hope he gets the support he needs to get back to it. He may have some issues with the way he gets on in the playing group but no matter who you are, going through what he has wouldn't be good for his well being. Hope the club supports him and tells him that he needs to accept the support provided and tell him that he's welcome back should he improve his condition.

Great to see him not give up hope, that Baz didn't shut the door on him completely and that the players are sending him their support regardless of what has happened between them. By all accounts, he's a great guy but just needs to learn how to deal with his condition a lot better.

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
I just feel like he's being punished a little for marching to the beat of his own drum and being sensitive. I think Wolfman also marched to that different beat but couldn't have given a **** about what the others thought.
And just ask Daniel Tupou how that ended...

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Isn't that the Willie Peters story though? Couldn't stand the constant pranks?
Truthfully, I'd probably get kicked off the team too. Childish pranks for a little while are fine, but not as The only form of humour - at that point it becomes bullying.
Big difference in the two scenarios IMO

Willie was being ridiculed by a fellow staff member in front of the players.:cool:

Jacko is being pranked by his peers and seems to take it as a slight :confused:

Guys in playing groups seem to enjoy these inane games and Jacko should be gratefull that Myles didn't leave him a personal momento :D

Just reinforces my view that Jacko is not a team focused player but would excel in individual sports :nod:

Wolfie is the most gregarious creature and is continuing his joyous self expression training young kiddies :inlove:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1968243993210256&id=130834060284601

Last edited:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Here the other thing I can't figure, if Hastings has such an explosive temper, why have we never seen it of the field?
I can't figure it.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Here the other thing I can't figure, if Hastings has such an explosive temper, why have we never seen it of the field?
I can't figure it.
The media don't rate him and wouldn't be sourcing negative stories on him like they do with Chez.
Plus his actions seem to be focused on his team mates at training.
Same issues with Jake Friend at Easts :cool:

The 4 other players that Jacko had incidents with are also not news worthy. Although twitter had a post on 2 being the Turbos :confused:

As he is just a reserve grader, this is getting unwarranted coverage :nerd:

Mitch

Bencher
Culture at heart of bitter Manly divide
BRENT READ

Trent Barrett has enough on his plate without having to worry about where his players spend their evenings. Then again, the Manly coach would be within his rights to ask some serious questions given the latest turn of events at a club which has spent much of the season enveloped in controversy.

Amid the claims which have surrounded the imbroglio between captain Daly Cherry-Evans and Jackson Hastings, sordid details have emerged of Sea Eagles players debriefing after their loss to the Gold Coast in Gladstone in a strip club.

Many would argue the players should have been running laps as penance for their loss to the Titans. Instead, it seems lap dances were more the order of the evening. Barrett spoke about team culture in the wake of his decision to demote Hastings to NSW Cup, yet what does it say about a team’s culture that after suffering the ignominy of defeat, they choose to debrief at a strip club?

Reports suggested the players were well behaved — they had Club security with them — but surely that misses the point. What were the players doing there in the first place given they were coming off a loss to the Titans?

Legendary Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson once reacted to a defeat when he was in charge at Scottish Club Aberdeen by making his players run through the town centre so the fans could give them stick.

When they got back to the dressing room he told them: “Let that be a lesson to you. Every winner hates to lose.” Hastings may be one of the problems at Manly — a big one at that — but in this case the players’ decision suggests others exist.

Barrett made a decisive decision with Hastings but that doesn’t necessarily mean things will run smoothly from here. The players union is watching closely, having reminded Manly that all players have the right to be selected on merit.

The NRL’s new contracting system could also prove problematic. Clubs are required to select their sides from a squad of 30 players.

They require special dispensation to go outside that list and it seems hard to believe the NRL will grant it to the Sea Eagles if injury strikes and they attempt to ignore Hastings’ claims on a recall.

The situation becomes even more difficult for Manly given their numbers are already reduced. They carry former players Darcy Lussick and Nate Myles in their top 30 because they have paid them significant amounts of money this year. Injury has struck down Curtis Sironen and Kelepi Tanginoa.

Then there is Cherry-Evans’ role in this whole affair. Conflicting reports have emerged of who incited the second incident between he and Hastings, which has ultimately cast a pall over the latter’s future not just at Manly, but in the game. There was residual bad blood between the pair from a training incident earlier in the week and Barrett insisted Cherry-Evans went to find Hastings to clear the air.

Things escalated and Hastings is now on the outer. Cherry-Evans knows what that feels like. When he first came through the ranks at Manly, he was the player on the outer with senior and powerful figures.

The club was split down the middle over Cherry-Evans. On one side was some of the senior figures led by the Stewart brothers — Brett and Glenn.

They were among a group of players who couldn’t cop Cherry-Evans. He had his supporters as well, chief among them some club powerbrokers who could see the influence of the Stewart brothers was on the wane.

They wanted to build a club around Cherry-Evans and ultimately signed him to a long-term deal reportedly worth $10 million.

Manly is now very much Cherry-Evans’ club. He is the most influential figure in the playing ranks. The man who now wields the power.

Barrett made it clear that the decision to demote Hastings was his decision and his decision alone. Yet if Cherry-Evans wanted Hastings as his halves partner, he would have him.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/11e2bb8856afc6458d6ed9eccce947f9

Bencher
You should here Talkin' Sport and Graeme Hughes talking up this Hastings debarkle. Basically saying he has definately heard there is a different story from Hasting than that Manly have reported. Here is Hastings trying to justify his actions, and make out everyone is picking on him. The guy is starting to give me the ****s... He sounds like a piece of work.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
easy fix, Brent Read turns up to the next media brief and is asked to leave before it commences. Do with with each person.

Nothing to do with hiding more about no respect from the media towards the club so don’t show them any either. Don’t care how that’s painted.

Seriously a fringe player who has has similar behavioural issues at 2 prior clubs is dropped to reserves and it’s the top story in Sports world. If we dropped DCE then i could understand in some ways the hype.

But Jackson Hastings? Fmd

Someone's leaked all this sh-it to the media.. I'm betting my in-law's house it's not DCE. It's sad how the club can't manage all this tripe in house without the need to create hysteria. I feel that since Bozo's left the club has turned into a circus.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
I really appreciate this act of class on your behalf. You and I have agreed on a lot of things since that discussion but the memory of you calling my integrity into question did linger a little in the back of my mind, but no longer. My sincerest thanks!
Yeah,I have to apologize to you too,I could not believe that someone could be having that much of a disruption...but you had it right and I was wrong on it.It did not seem logical but you were on to something...

Stuey Davis’s Socks

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly coach Trent Barrett says Jackson Hastings was a ticking time bomb at Sea Eagles

SEA Eagles coach Trent Barrett was desperate to offload Jackson Hastings in February to avoid increasing conflict between the utility player and his teammates.

Barrett believed the hostility would eventually boil over and he needed to nip the problem in the bud.

But when no rival club could be found for Hastings, Barrett thought the best course of action would be to banish him to the NSW Cup for the rest of this season.

Club officials made Hastings’ manager Sam Ayoub aware of the tension between his client and his Manly teammates.

And Barrett called a meeting with Hastings, Ayoub, the RLPA and Manly welfare officer Quentin Pongia on February 2 in a desperate bid to try to end the friction.

Unfortunately, the problem couldn’t be resolved.

It can also be revealed that:

• MANLY may sanction skipper Daly Cherry-Evans over two scuffles — one physical and one verbal — with Hastings when the Sea Eagles were in Gladstone to play Gold Coast in round five.

• CLUB officials and Hastings have had ongoing dialogue about the player’s behaviour.

MANLY arranged counselling for Hastings but it’s understood he didn’t continue with the sessions.

He will play against Wyong on Saturday at Berkeley Vale Oval.

Four Manly players were scheduled to speak with the media — Api Koroisau, Brad Parker, Brian Kelly and Jono Wright — but Barrett overruled and fronted up for an intense nine-minute interview.

“This is an issue we tried to fix and I wish it hadn’t come to this, but it has,” Barrett said. “It is certainly isn’t a one-off incident.”

“We have pretty much documented a lot of things over the past 12 months,” Barrett said.

“The last formal one was on the second of February, where we actually had Jackson in here with the RLPA, his manager, and our welfare officer to try and work out a plan.

“We wanted to work through some issues to avoid a situation that we have just gone through. Unfortunately, it was an issue I saw coming and we tried to address it a long time ago and it has now implicated another player (Cherry-Evans).
Mmmmm......... nobody’s talking about the real issue coming out of this article - Jono Wright was scheduled to speak to the media WTF???

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15