Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
And now on the Big Sports Breakfast, Massoud is kind of sticking up for Hastings and says its poor the way DCE has handled things and DCE should come out and speak to the media. WTF have we done so wrong that every media outlet is trying to kill us at the moment and DCE in particular.
About time to hear from Penn and make a stand against these sh1tbag reporters. Ban them all.
Every other club can tip out a player and it gets reported on once, we do it and its front page for a fortnight.

I agree 100%, enough is enough and the club should take a hard stance with the media over this.

Was it DCE or Hastings that had to sit down with the RLPA and their manager that had to talk about their behaviour within the team?

Was it DCE or Hastings that was thown a lifeline after being kicked out of a club due to not being wanted by their previous club for similar issues?

Barrett has come out and said what has happened and how the club is moving forward. DCE doesn’t have to come out and say anything to anyone.

Massoud is desperate for something to write about that would get his editor off his back.

Seriously is there a player in the comp that cops more negative press than DCE? I don’t recall this witch hunt levelled at the Roosters when they cut him..

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
On NRL360 last night they were banging on about how there are 2 sides to the story... the media has realised they have another chance to make DCE look bad...

There always is two sides to every story. But the decision has been made by management in which way they want to move forward. Hastings and his manager would spin things in their favour as he has to try and project another side to get another contract somewhere. It was even mentioned that there are 0 clubs interested in taking him so there might be two sides but if there are no clubs interested at all to take you in the NRL then it doesn’t say much about Hastings’s side, which would have been given to the media by Sam Ayoub. Even Greenberg came out and said it’s between the club and players to sort out and he would be the last person that would let Manly handle the situation in-house.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
God bless Cliffy, still believes that MWSE regards the Football Club as relevant.
I believe that Cliffy, being on the MSE Board as the representative of the MWDRLFC, expected this matter to be raised at a MSE Board meeting.

Alas, it's usually just an annual event :cool:

Baz is in charge of the Team, so he should have the autonomy to make player discipline decisions :wait:

double hoops

First Grader
What's the issue? A baby cub challenging as top dog? In a footy team! And? So they test each other out, toughen each other up. Kiss and make up. Develop some new found respect for each other, and then become best buds, and the perfect halves combination in the comp.

This whole story, this whole reaction from the club is bulldust. Is this whole leak just another way of the club trying to force another player out of the squad who dosent want to leave? (aka Lussick)

Just because they signed him to some good coin? Now that the club is in a pickle for not managing it finances they do need players to exit don't they?

If this story is even half correct. This Eagles squad have now become the softest bunch of pansies in the NRL. Jacko Hastings fight and determination should be applauded and is a trait seriously lacking Out at Brookvale. Hail to the new king Jacko. Hail.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You have to ask yourself...

Would you want to work with someone who behaves inappropriately, big notes themselves and antagonises their peers ? And charges personal expenses to the company account.

Yeah well neither did my former employers.

Last edited:

weev

Bencher
1. Is there a strip club near brookie, sorry, Lottoland?

2. Who were the utter legends who went?

tookey

First Grader
1. Is there a strip club near brookie, sorry, Lottoland?

2. Who were the utter legends who went?
Rumoured to be one or two somewhere in Brookvale Someone on the members council might know where they are

The Hound: What’s Jackson Hastings' problem? He sounds like a jerk.

The Lurker: Nice guy off the field, gets on field and thinks he is Joey Johns and JT combined. It pisses his teammates off.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...tings-fight/1p6q5mdt534azznpkserymqxo/slide/1

HappilyManly

Journey Man
This was last night on NRL 360. Just keeps feeding the leeches to press on for more dirt, or make it up.

jhttps://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3ec3ef8e018ef8584e43bfb46624cce5
Kent added that Barrett’s decision to banish Hastings to reserve grade for the rest of the season may actually contravene the terms of Hastings’ contract.

“It’s actually in the contract that you need to be considered on your merit for first grade,” Kent said.

“That’s an issue too that could also get uglier as we go down this road.”
---
Kent is creating a crisis where there isn't one :cool:

Surely 'merit' at a minimum, covers following Coaches directives and respecting your team mates :nerd:

If merit only covered football skills, then Carney, Duges etc would still be at the Raiders :wondering:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
^ Plus Barrett never said "definitely in reserve grade for the rest of the year."

Why bother? Trent said Hastings has a long list of incidents and they've tried to help and even brought in counsellors and will continue to monitor him in reserve grade.

Now if we were the roosters and needed salary cap space (lol at roosters needing that) and had a player like hastings... they would just rip up his contract for this list of indiscretions. Oh wait...the roosters already did that to hastings...and SKD...and.....

Manly's problem was to care too much and were upfront with the media.

Next time just drop him to reggies "for form" or tear up the contract for fighting with the captain.

On one hand we have greenburg denying us players, and on the other we have the rlpa telling us to play players.... maybe they should tip in to the running costs if they want to dictate terms.

**** em all!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With every ex player and coach that can stumble their way to a microphone telling the footy world just how awesome Hastings is..... he shouldn't have a problem getting a contract elsewhere then!

Oh wait... you're just a bunch of ****wits with no idea.

Class of 96

Bencher
What's the issue? A baby cub challenging as top dog? In a footy team! And? So they test each other out, toughen each other up. Kiss and make up. Develop some new found respect for each other, and then become best buds, and the perfect halves combination in the comp.

This whole story, this whole reaction from the club is bulldust. Is this whole leak just another way of the club trying to force another player out of the squad who dosent want to leave? (aka Lussick)

Just because they signed him to some good coin? Now that the club is in a pickle for not managing it finances they do need players to exit don't they?

If this story is even half correct. This Eagles squad have now become the softest bunch of pansies in the NRL. Jacko Hastings fight and determination should be applauded and is a trait seriously lacking Out at Brookvale. Hail to the new king Jacko. Hail.

Did Jacko hack into your ST account mate?

I know boys will be boys but why is the team mentioned going into a strip club? It's not good for the image of the club especially cause we have been under the hammer by the media. I'm also interested in knowing what that fat sausage roll eating mother ****er zorba is doing as manly media's front man? Seems he has the same contract as Myles as he's not doing much either to control the piranhas out there.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know boys will be boys but why is the team mentioned going into a strip club? It's not good for the image of the club especially cause we have been under the hammer by the media. I'm also interested in knowing what that fat sausage roll eating mother ****er zorba is doing as manly media's front man? Seems he has the same contract as Myles as he's not doing much either to control the piranhas out there.
yep that fat &*&k is about as effective at controlling the media as Myles was at getting up for a quick play the ball,I think as someone said on here "watching Myles get up from a tackle was like watching an old man get about of a bath "

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
I get a little upset at the negative stuff aimed at DCE. He is never going going to be the “warm cuddly” type, but he has the respect of the playing group due to his professionalism and dedication. Hastings was a “project” player and it appears not to have worked. There are a long list of similar situations.
If we had signed carney, or sign Kelly or barba same scenario.... or Walker or api or uate

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15